Do schools frown upon you being waitlisted elsewhere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker937

UCLA SOD 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I've already submitted a deposit and intend to go to one school, will the school be upset on April 1st to see that I am waitlisted somewhere else? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

wait, what?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're overthinking this :rolleyes: Stop worrying; keep celebrating and enjoy!

Reactions: 1 user
Nah brah. Why don't you just email the other school(s) you've been waitlisted at and tell them to withdraw your app? It probably would save them from needing to copy and paste your name to an email saying you remained on the waitlist or something along those lines. I dunno. I sent emails to the other schools I applied to once I made my decision.

They won't be upset.

They'll just revoke your acceptance is all

Wait, I thought they only know if you have multiple deposits... so you gotta remove yourself from other waitlists as well?

Reactions: 2 users
It's only for multiple deposits and/or holding a seat (as in you received an acceptance offer, not waitlisted).

"A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice."

Attachments

• Traffic Rules-Applicants.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 52
It's only for multiple deposits and/or holding a seat (as in you received an acceptance offer, not waitlisted).

"A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice."
So you lose it without your consent, or you have 15 days to give them your ultimatum of dropping the other places and sticking with them

Reactions: 1 user