Do Schools Know if You have Been Accepted by Other Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theone1979

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious about this:

When I go in and interview at schools, are they aware of whether or not I have already been accepted elsewhere, and if so, do they know which schools have accepted/waitlisted me?

Members don't see this ad.

When I go in and interview at schools, are they aware of whether or not I have already been accepted elsewhere, and if so, do they know which schools have accepted/waitlisted me?

I think they know only if you tell them. When I went to interviews they always asked me so I assume they don't know. Because if they knew, they wouldn't ask , right?

I think they know only if you tell them. When I went to interviews they always asked me so I assume they don't know. Because if they knew, they wouldn't ask , right?

More importantly, schools dont have the right to information regarding if you applied to other schools unless maybe its a satellite campus. Even those schools dont know.

On top of that (in case people dont believe what I said above), I 100% guarantee ADCOMS dont have the time to contact other schools for every single applicant to see where they applied.

Members don't see this ad :)

Well the ADCOM member who just said no is probably not an ADCOM member in Texas. I know for a fact Texas schools know who offered you acceptances because my PI wanted to go recommend me for an interview at the school I do research for and he looked up my file (he's adcom) and he found out that I was already offered a prematch acceptance.... the issue with that was I hadn't told him yet. :oops: