Do schools reject you before your second MCAT score comes in?

bme94

2+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi,

I'll be retaking the MCAT soon. I'm just wondering - if I submit my primary and secondary with my old MCAT score, but indicate the specific date I'm retaking the exam, will they reject me automatically because of my old score? I have a 3.7 cGPA and 3.6 sGPA with no retakes, but my first MCAT score was low - a 499. My breakdown was originally a 124/121/126/127.

I've been studying for months now and did well on the scored test. I'm just terrified that I'll get rejected before I even get a chance to get my new score :( It doesn't seem right, but I have heard of this happening and just wanted to know if it was true.

Apr 25, 2014
Florida
Status
Medical Student
Hi,

I'll be retaking the MCAT soon. I'm just wondering - if I submit my primary and secondary with my old MCAT score, but indicate the specific date I'm retaking the exam, will they reject me automatically because of my old score? I have a 3.7 cGPA and 3.6 sGPA with no retakes, but my first MCAT score was low - a 499. My breakdown was originally a 124/121/126/127.

I've been studying for months now and did well on the scored test. I'm just terrified that I'll get rejected before I even get a chance to get my new score :( It doesn't seem right, but I have heard of this happening and just wanted to know if it was true.
Yes some will and good luck getting unrejected. I suggest doing a throwaway school and submitting broadly as soon as the new mcat comes in.

Good luck!