Do schools reject you before your second MCAT score comes in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'll be retaking the MCAT soon. I'm just wondering - if I submit my primary and secondary with my old MCAT score, but indicate the specific date I'm retaking the exam, will they reject me automatically because of my old score? I have a 3.7 cGPA and 3.6 sGPA with no retakes, but my first MCAT score was low - a 499. My breakdown was originally a 124/121/126/127.

I've been studying for months now and did well on the scored test. I'm just terrified that I'll get rejected before I even get a chance to get my new score :( It doesn't seem right, but I have heard of this happening and just wanted to know if it was true.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'll be retaking the MCAT soon. I'm just wondering - if I submit my primary and secondary with my old MCAT score, but indicate the specific date I'm retaking the exam, will they reject me automatically because of my old score? I have a 3.7 cGPA and 3.6 sGPA with no retakes, but my first MCAT score was low - a 499. My breakdown was originally a 124/121/126/127.

I've been studying for months now and did well on the scored test. I'm just terrified that I'll get rejected before I even get a chance to get my new score :( It doesn't seem right, but I have heard of this happening and just wanted to know if it was true.

Yes some will and good luck getting unrejected. I suggest doing a throwaway school and submitting broadly as soon as the new mcat comes in.

Good luck!