Do schools reject you before your second MCAT score comes in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bme94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I'll be retaking the MCAT soon. I'm just wondering - if I submit my primary and secondary with my old MCAT score, but indicate the specific date I'm retaking the exam, will they reject me automatically because of my old score? I have a 3.7 cGPA and 3.6 sGPA with no retakes, but my first MCAT score was low - a 499. My breakdown was originally a 124/121/126/127.

I've been studying for months now and did well on the scored test. I'm just terrified that I'll get rejected before I even get a chance to get my new score 🙁 It doesn't seem right, but I have heard of this happening and just wanted to know if it was true.
 
Hi,

I'll be retaking the MCAT soon. I'm just wondering - if I submit my primary and secondary with my old MCAT score, but indicate the specific date I'm retaking the exam, will they reject me automatically because of my old score? I have a 3.7 cGPA and 3.6 sGPA with no retakes, but my first MCAT score was low - a 499. My breakdown was originally a 124/121/126/127.

I've been studying for months now and did well on the scored test. I'm just terrified that I'll get rejected before I even get a chance to get my new score 🙁 It doesn't seem right, but I have heard of this happening and just wanted to know if it was true.

Yes some will and good luck getting unrejected. I suggest doing a throwaway school and submitting broadly as soon as the new mcat comes in.

Good luck!