Do these classes count towards my science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Richiter Belmont

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be applying to D.O schools next year and wanted to double check if these courses will count towards my science GPA
Anth 102 physical anthropology
Hlth 160 Health and Welnnes
Env 101 environmental science
 
I'll be applying to D.O schools next year and wanted to double check if these courses will count towards my science GPA
Anth 102 physical anthropology
Hlth 160 Health and Welnnes
Env 101 environmental science
I don't think heath and wellness would count. Others might, not sure, depends on content and description. Judging by course department, Env 101 might not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Physical Anthropology - science
Health and Wellness - likely non-science
Environmental Science - science

This should help:

Thanks! I didn't know about this guide. Judging from the guide it would seem environmental science and physical anthropology would count towards my science GPA. I see health on the list, but Its probably for classes like pathophysiology.
 
If you look at the AACOMAS course guidelines Physical Anthropology is an Other Science, Health and Wellness is not listed but Health Science is an other science and Environmental Science is also an other science.