Do these classes count towards my science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richiter Belmont

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be applying to D.O schools next year and wanted to double check if these courses will count towards my science GPA
Anth 102 physical anthropology
Hlth 160 Health and Welnnes
Env 101 environmental science

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be applying to D.O schools next year and wanted to double check if these courses will count towards my science GPA
I don't think heath and wellness would count. Others might, not sure, depends on content and description. Judging by course department, Env 101 might not.

Anthro will, dont think the others will

Members don't see this ad :)
Physical Anthropology - science
Health and Wellness - likely non-science
Environmental Science - science

This should help:
AACOMAS Course Subjects

Reactions: 1 user
Just mark them as something that would on your app and AACOMAS will correct if needed

Physical Anthropology - science
Health and Wellness - likely non-science
Environmental Science - science

This should help:

Thanks! I didn't know about this guide. Judging from the guide it would seem environmental science and physical anthropology would count towards my science GPA. I see health on the list, but Its probably for classes like pathophysiology.

If you look at the AACOMAS course guidelines Physical Anthropology is an Other Science, Health and Wellness is not listed but Health Science is an other science and Environmental Science is also an other science.

Reactions: 1 user