Do these count as public health experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilainey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Just getting a head start on my personal statements and was wondering if these count as public health related experience...or if I can kind of spin them to relate haha:

1. Volunteering at a clinic emerg room - speaking to those in minor treatment realizing how easily preventable some of the injuries were especially work related ones
2. Working at an orchard packing house - had an impetigo outbreak - assisted in reducing incidence of spread by ensuring other workers were wearing gloves etc if they had cuts, cleaned the camp and got rid of an old, wet outdoor couch that was potentially harboring the bacteria
3. Manager at orchard - involved in preparing documentation for government audits and implemented new safety protocols required of us to reduce worksite accidents
4. Pharmacy assistant - constantly dispensing drugs for preventable conditions such as high blood pressure and cholesterol in middle-aged adults
5. Sexual health team at my campus - held a sexual health night about STIs and contraceptives to increase awareness about increasingly incurable STIs such as new antibiotic resistant strains of chlamydia and gonorrhea and ways to decrease rates of infection

I'm mainly aiming for an Occupational Health and Safety path in public health but am considering Epidemiology so I was trying to find examples that may relate to those two fields
Any feedback and advice on how to make a stellar SOP is greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes! I think they definitely all count

Reactions: 1 user
You're definitely on the right track already. No worries there.

Reactions: 1 user