Do they round your GPA to the tenth or hundredth place?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'I think I remember reading this somewhere...but just to clarify, do AADSAS round your GPA to the tenth or hundredths place. I think it was the later. Also, do they round up or down? Does a 2.995 round to a 2.9, or a 3.0, or a 2.99 or a 3.00?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would assume it would be the hundredth place. Not quite sure about the rounding though.

Hundreth place, and round up in that situation! best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'I think I remember reading this somewhere...but just to clarify, do AADSAS round your GPA to the tenth or hundredths place. I think it was the later. Also, do they round up or down? Does a 2.995 round to a 2.9, or a 3.0, or a 2.99 or a 3.00?

Thanks.

It honestly won't matter either way... probably it will be rounded up but that 1 hundreth of a pt probably won't make any difference in your application. I know some have a minimum of 3.0 but I know some schools look at borderline apps. Just a 2.9 doesn't look much worse than a 3.0.

Is there literature anywhere that talks about whether they round to the tenth or hundredth place?

Is there literature anywhere that talks about whether they round to the tenth or hundredth place?

Yes.

Why do people post everything on SDN before they do a quick search or even try Google?

ADEA GPA calculation guide. Read it. It tells you what you want to know. I've read it.

And don't ask for a link. Google is your friend.

I may sound rude, but so many questions these past few days have just been ridiculously silly. I know it's the beginning of the cycle, but that doesn't mean we should stop using common sense.

Yes.

Why do people post everything on SDN before they do a quick search or even try Google?

ADEA GPA calculation guide. Read it. It tells you what you want to know. I've read it.

And don't ask for a link. Google is your friend.

I may sound rude, but so many questions these past few days have just been ridiculously silly. I know it's the beginning of the cycle, but that doesn't mean we should stop using common sense.
Calm-Down-Bro.jpg

Chill_7b0539_1044468.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.

You mean you are wondering whether or not AADSAS has ever heard of the rules for rounding decimals?

I think I have a 3.499 unrounded, that would be pretty sweet if it got rounded to a 3.5. I know its only .001 but its a good number mentally lol.

Here's the problem with rounding up. A GPA of 3.998 suddenly becomes a 4.00, which is clearly controversial.