lostsnowbird

10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Just outside Orlando
Status
Pre-Medical
On the Rosalind-Franklin University secondary essay question, they give you a page of lines after the prompt and say "please use the space provided and do NOT attach additional pages. Am I actually expected to handwrite my essay in that space?

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Brakluk and others have posted a fillable version. Do a search and you will find it, good luck!

Oculus Sinistra

Finish it.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
lostsnowbird said:
On the Rosalind-Franklin University secondary essay question, they give you a page of lines after the prompt and say "please use the space provided and do NOT attach additional pages. Am I actually expected to handwrite my essay in that space?
Well, let's examine your options.

One option is to handwrite it in the space provided, as instructed by the line: "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

The second option is to type something out and attach the additional typed page to the page of lines, perhaps over the instruction that says "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

based on the information provided, I think you should go with option 1, use the space provided and do not attach additional pages.

But you should type it up first to flesh out what you want to say and then handwrite what you typed afterwards. With neat handwriting.

good luck!

About the Ads

Mr. Tee

Indentured servant
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2005
Status
MD/PhD Student
Could you not type it in the space provided? (I don't have the secondary so I'm just wondering what it's like) either using a typewriter or typing your response in a Word document such that when you print it, it will nicely fall into the specific space provided.

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
Why not just type it, cut out the written text, and paste it in the space?

Crazy enough to work in my opinion.
-Dr. P.

P.S.: This is assuming that the secondary does not specifically state to handwrite the statement.

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
lostsnowbird said:
You can use a type writer.

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0

Seriously. Typewriters are for old fogeys.

Johnny_one_eye

Phleboptimist
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Chicago
Status
Medical Student

TSK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Agreed...besides you can't possibly think that any admissions committee wants a handwritten essay. If you don't have access to Adobe Profressional, recreate the page using word and then convert it to a pdf file prior to printing it out.

eternalrage said:
Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0

Seriously. Typewriters are for old fogeys.

Johnny_one_eye

Phleboptimist
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
TSK said:
Agreed...besides you can't possibly think that any admissions committee wants a handwritten essay. If you don't have access to Adobe Profressional, recreate the page using word and then convert it to a pdf file prior to printing it out.
or just use the one I posted ;)

Ari Gold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status
Oculus Sinistra said:
Well, let's examine your options.

One option is to handwrite it in the space provided, as instructed by the line: "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

The second option is to type something out and attach the additional typed page to the page of lines, perhaps over the instruction that says "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

based on the information provided, I think you should go with option 1, use the space provided and do not attach additional pages.

But you should type it up first to flesh out what you want to say and then handwrite what you typed afterwards. With neat handwriting.

good luck!
good call on the handwriting

M

Mr. McDuck

Good thing I'm not applying there. My handwriting blows even more than my photoshop skills.

About the Ads