Do they seriously mean write it out by hand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lostsnowbird

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the Rosalind-Franklin University secondary essay question, they give you a page of lines after the prompt and say "please use the space provided and do NOT attach additional pages. Am I actually expected to handwrite my essay in that space?

Members don't see this ad.

Brakluk and others have posted a fillable version. Do a search and you will find it, good luck!

lostsnowbird said:
On the Rosalind-Franklin University secondary essay question, they give you a page of lines after the prompt and say "please use the space provided and do NOT attach additional pages. Am I actually expected to handwrite my essay in that space?

Well, let's examine your options.

One option is to handwrite it in the space provided, as instructed by the line: "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

The second option is to type something out and attach the additional typed page to the page of lines, perhaps over the instruction that says "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

based on the information provided, I think you should go with option 1, use the space provided and do not attach additional pages.

But you should type it up first to flesh out what you want to say and then handwrite what you typed afterwards. With neat handwriting.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you not type it in the space provided? (I don't have the secondary so I'm just wondering what it's like) either using a typewriter or typing your response in a Word document such that when you print it, it will nicely fall into the specific space provided.

Why not just type it, cut out the written text, and paste it in the space?

Crazy enough to work in my opinion.
-Dr. P.

P.S.: This is assuming that the secondary does not specifically state to handwrite the statement.

lostsnowbird said:

You can use a type writer.

Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0

Seriously. Typewriters are for old fogeys.

Agreed...besides you can't possibly think that any admissions committee wants a handwritten essay. If you don't have access to Adobe Profressional, recreate the page using word and then convert it to a pdf file prior to printing it out.

eternalrage said:
Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0

Seriously. Typewriters are for old fogeys.

TSK said:
Agreed...besides you can't possibly think that any admissions committee wants a handwritten essay. If you don't have access to Adobe Profressional, recreate the page using word and then convert it to a pdf file prior to printing it out.
or just use the one I posted ;)

Oculus Sinistra said:
Well, let's examine your options.

One option is to handwrite it in the space provided, as instructed by the line: "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

The second option is to type something out and attach the additional typed page to the page of lines, perhaps over the instruction that says "please use the space provided and do not attach additional pages."

based on the information provided, I think you should go with option 1, use the space provided and do not attach additional pages.

But you should type it up first to flesh out what you want to say and then handwrite what you typed afterwards. With neat handwriting.

good luck!

good call on the handwriting

Good thing I'm not applying there. My handwriting blows even more than my photoshop skills.