Do you judge your overweight classmates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry for the snark. I just find it interesting that you didn’t speak up about preferences when someone was calling people who shop at WF dumb. But I’m not offended or anything.

It is a lot more expensive than lidl and aldi. But I like the Whole Foods here. They have a lot of stuff my kids like that you can’t find at those other places and we get delivery from prime now.

But I totally get why some people don’t want to shop there.

Yup, I should have quoted that poster. Obviously, I don't think people who shop there are dumb.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
High quality food from Whole Foods?!?! I hope you are exaggerating ...otherwise thats shameful. Those that shop at places like whole foods exclusively are just dumb... literally hemorrhaging money
I shop at kroger and whole foods. There is a world of difference between 1.99/lb kroger chicken vs 6.99/lb whole foods chicken. Is it worth the difference though? No, which is why I shop at Wegmans at 3.99/lb and is the best of both worlds.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for the snark. I just find it interesting that you didn’t speak up about preferences when someone was calling people who shop at WF dumb. But I’m not offended or anything.

It is a lot more expensive than lidl and aldi. But I like the Whole Foods here. They have a lot of stuff my kids like that you can’t find at those other places and we get delivery from prime now.

But I totally get why some people don’t want to shop there.
whole foods is awesome but at a student living it becomes way too expensive. Ppl just need to go cook at home with inexpensive veggies and meats without going bougie vegan lol. I cook fantastic food with spices I purchase from the local asian market (btw their spice condiments seem much more organic and quantity wise it is a lot more reasonable for the student budget. Only issue is that it helps to grab an asian friend to teach you the ropes of what they have; otherwise, you'll be scanning the aisles for ages).

Members don't see this ad :)
Since we wanna talk grocery stores.. Wegman’s is awesome

Reactions: 2 users
I shop at kroger and whole foods. There is a world of difference between 1.99/lb kroger chicken vs 6.99/lb whole foods chicken. Is it worth the difference though? No, which is why I shop at Wegmans at 3.99/lb and is the best of both worlds.
Wegman’s had all paper products, baking soda, AND flour today. It rocks

Reactions: 1 user
whole foods is awesome but at a student living it becomes way too expensive. Ppl just need to go cook at home with inexpensive veggies and meats without going bougie vegan lol. I cook fantastic food with spices I purchase from the local asian market (btw their spice condiments seem much more organic and quantity wise it is a lot more reasonable for the student budget. Only issue is that it helps to grab an asian friend to teach you the ropes of what they have; otherwise, you'll be scanning the aisles for ages).

Nice. Yeah I have no debt from med school and get a salary so I can afford to shop there. Definitely couldn’t when I was enlisted, and I had a fairly decent salary even then.