Do you think I should apply to D.O. schools this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naruflo

Reaction score
I have a 3.68cGPA and a 3.53sGPA from a competitive liberal arts college in PA, where I am a resident. I am taking the MCAT on September 1st. Will I have time to apply this cycle, or should I wait a year? As for ecs, 150 clinical volunteering hours, 50 hours of shadowing (general surgery, PM&R, family medicine), two time DIII all-american, and currently have a clinical research position, but no publications.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Fill out the application, and submit transcripts so that they can be verified sooner than later. If that's all done, then as soon as you get your MCAT score, you can have that updated and submit immediately, or decide not to at that point depending on what you get. Depending on how many schools you may have attended, that should be a small price to pay to be ready. I attended 7 schools, and my cost for transcripts is only like $60ish. If you've only attended your current institution, it shouldn't be more than $15 or so max. You should have your score back in Oct, which is fine. That's late for MD, but you're still early enough for DO - many schools accept apps through March/April. I only know of 1-2 schools that stop taking apps in like Nov/Dec.

Reactions: 1 users