Doctor shortage: A nurse may soon be your doctor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh look, the cute little PRE-MED is trying to correct me on a word. Sweetheart if you think me typing mute over moot puts me behind you or anyone else you are so sadly mistaken. If for every mistake you will make in your career, someone typing the wrong word is your only defense to an argument, I pray to see you at the end of your two years as just a pre-med. You haven't began your career in comparison...your mistakes will be 10-fold! Oh you youngsters make me laugh....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I believe TheProwler is starting residency...

Members don't see this ad.

Completely understand. See, I find it legitimate to refer to vets as "doctor" in a veterinary clinic, and NOT refer to a physician as "doctor" in that vet clinic. I think the whole issue is in not conveying the wrong message given the surroundings.

Oh I agree, it was more the quote at the beginning of this thread that said something about how vets, chiropractors, PhD's aren't real doctors that can be frustrating to read...but I've seen it in clinical practice where you walk into the exam room to take a temperature and the client is surprised to hear you're not the doctor, I can definitely see why it would be an issue in human medicine.

Oh look, the cute little PRE-MED is trying to correct me on a word. Sweetheart if you think me typing mute over moot puts me behind you or anyone else you are so sadly mistaken. If for every mistake you will make in your career, someone typing the wrong word is your only defense to an argument, I pray to see you at the end of your two years as just a pre-med. You haven't began your career in comparison...your mistakes will be 10-fold! Oh you youngsters make me laugh....:laugh::laugh::laugh:
If you could even READ, you'd see that my title is medical student, which is almost finished.

That wasn't my defense to your argument - I was just standing by as the train wrecked itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope...my days are always blessed so there is no such thing as a rough one! And we (vets) are in a health care setting. If you would like to specify HUMAN then that works...but if I recall earlier on we were regarded as not real doctors. Why can't MEDICAL doctors understand there are diffrrent types of doctors is beyond me (as one poster stated it is all in context). But I will say this, doctors and nurses always seem to think they are superior to a vet and will have no problem letting us know they are one. I could care less. I don't know of any vets who goes to their doctor and says "well I'm a veterinarian...". Had a guy once who couldn't prove his pet had a rabies vaccine. He said, "well I am a doctor, you should be able to take my word" hahaha. Stop dragging us into this argument and we won't have to call you guys on it!
Respectfully signed...
Dr. TaShonda Lewis-Taylor DVM
soon to be double Dr. TaShonda Lewis-Taylor DVM/PharmD
and boy will you MDs get your panties in a knot when I become Dr. TaShonda Lewis-Taylor DVM/PharmD/PhD after pharmacy school...hahahaha
Student Doctor Network Forums > Pre-Medical Forums > Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]

I believe TheProwler is starting residency...
And what that makes him the guardian of words now??? My point was made and that's it. Take it or leave it. You all on the medical forums are suppose to be the elite of society (kids say I want to be....because you are SUPPOSE to be a respected professional being). Yet, you all argue about the simplest things that turn into the biggest things, which turn into insults, put downs and GUARDIANS OF WORDS! If you all spent half the time on here and in the real world working together instead of getting the big head about who you are compared to any other profession...we all really would be a part of a respectable profession. But, hence I digress. Go ahead and squabble, put other professionals down, pick out wrong words....blah blah blah. My God woke me this morning and that is the only thing important to me. But, hey that is a MOOT point for some of you isn't.:laugh: Oh and to the person that says vet med has specialities..duh I know that, my point was we can still do it all (if the speciality veterinarian wanted to work in a clinic, he/she can do all of those things - not just one thing). Maybe it's because we have to who knows...but it is what it is. And correct me if I am wrong, but there are no doctors that are pcp, radiologists, anesthesiologists, ob/gyn, surgeons...etc all at the same time. I could be wrong (clearly if I spelled moot wrong I am probably wrong about a lot of things right).

And what that makes him the guardian of words now??? My point was made and that's it.
Except that your point was that I'm pre-med, which was wrong.

And correct me if I am wrong, but there are no doctors that are pcp, radiologists, anesthesiologists, ob/gyn, surgeons...etc all at the same time. I could be wrong (clearly if I spelled moot wrong I am probably wrong about a lot of things right).
There are none, because they wouldn't be very good at any of those things.

And what that makes him the guardian of words now??? My point was made and that's it. Take it or leave it. You all on the medical forums are suppose to be the elite of society (kids say I want to be....because you are SUPPOSE to be a respected professional being). Yet, you all argue about the simplest things that turn into the biggest things, which turn into insults, put downs and GUARDIANS OF WORDS! If you all spent half the time on here and in the real world working together instead of getting the big head about who you are compared to any other profession...we all really would be a part of a respectable profession. But, hence I digress. Go ahead and squabble, put other professionals down, pick out wrong words....blah blah blah. My God woke me this morning and that is the only thing important to me. But, hey that is a MOOT point for some of you isn't.:laugh: Oh and to the person that says vet med has specialities..duh I know that, my point was we can still do it all (if the speciality veterinarian wanted to work in a clinic, he/she can do all of those things - not just one thing). Maybe it's because we have to who knows...but it is what it is. And correct me if I am wrong, but there are no doctors that are pcp, radiologists, anesthesiologists, ob/gyn, surgeons...etc all at the same time. I could be wrong (clearly if I spelled moot wrong I am probably wrong about a lot of things right).

1) I am really confused why you are getting worked up. No one here, not myself, nor TheProwler, is putting down veterinarians, yet you are accusing us for whatever reason. :confused:

2) What are you trying to prove by stating the physicians are not trained to do all fields of medicine, while a vet is apparently able to do all fields of medicine?

Seriously, can't we talk in peace.

1) I am really confused why you are getting worked up. No one here, not myself, nor TheProwler, is putting down veterinarians, yet you are accusing us for whatever reason. :confused:

2) What are you trying to prove by stating the physicians are not trained to do all fields of medicine, while a vet is apparently able to do all fields of medicine?

Seriously, can't we talk in peace.

1. Again, not worked up (geesh can't a person just respond to a thread without seeming overly emotional?). I wasn't directing the comments to you, but to the original statements directed at veterinarians within the posts (as most people are doing).

2. Again, the point of this was that we were labeled as non-doctors, but we are able to do all of those things. So therefore if we are able to do all of those things and physicians are only able to do one, then what constitutes one's profession as a doctor over the other? If the original person's arguement is that only those that work on humans are considered doctors, I beg to differ. Otherwise, I don't understand why vets not being doctors always ends up coming out of medical doctors mouth/posted on thier forums. Again, this is in response to the previous postings of this thread (and yes I know they claimed it was to be funny to just add us to the list...but that's counterproductive and disrespectful to our profession).

The purpose of these threads is suppose to be dialogue...which is what I put forth. However, instead of continuing the dialogue and giving feedback on my statement, theprowler choose to correct me on a word. So that part was directed at him. I am all for peaceful talks (hence why I said keep squabbling about moot points...I know my words won't stop people from starting this argument up again in a week.) All I am saying is the word doctor deserves respect and however you got that title deserves respect. People (doctors) need to understand in what context to use the title (i.e. don't announce to me you are a doctor when you bring your pet to see me...all I will think is congratulations, so am I). As for this thread. I will have to side with the MDs on this (per the original statement). I believe we all have a place in health care. Play your part. Don't try to be the scorer and the goalie...it won't work. Medical doctors should be the doctor and the nurse should be there nurse. I just completed my health law class for my MBA and I can tell you that that is liability lawsuit waiting to happen if people think they are being treated by a medical doctor and it is a DNP instead (and sorry, I would be the first one with an issue with it). Now, on the flip side...I think nurses are W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. They are the first and last face we see most of the times and they bring to the table experience and their time (as the doctor has to move on to the next, no complaints here...I completely understand as a clinician myself).

Getting an MD is trivial compared to getting a PhD in a hard science from a respectable institution. No matter how many residencies/fellowships I might one day complete, I will be nothing intellectually compared to all my professors with PhDs from Caltech/MIT/Stanford/Michigan, etc.

Same can be said for clinical psych, getting into med school is a walk in the park comparatively

If youre talking about a PhD in quantum physics or something from MIT then I agree, although i wouldnt say trivial.

However, med school being easier than clincial pysch get real.

Getting an MD is trivial compared to getting a PhD in a hard science from a respectable institution. No matter how many residencies/fellowships I might one day complete, I will be nothing intellectually compared to all my professors with PhDs from Caltech/MIT/Stanford/Michigan, etc.

Same can be said for clinical psych, getting into med school is a walk in the park comparatively
don't sell the rest of us short because you have some kind of complex.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't sell the rest of us short because you have some kind of complex.

My point is that the majority hard science PhD's from big name places are freaks of intellect. The vast majority of MD's are very bright people who work really hard, Im not taking away from medical doctors in any sense. I'm just pointing out that MD's are by no means on top of the "intellect/hard-work" totem pole.

As for clinical psych (PhD), I wasn't claiming it was more difficult, but its harder to get into because there are so few slots compared to med school.

My point is that the majority hard science PhD's from big name places are freaks of intellect. The vast majority of MD's are very bright people who work really hard, Im not taking away from medical doctors in any sense. I'm just pointing out that MD's are by no means on top of the "intellect/hard-work" totem pole.

As for clinical psych (PhD), I wasn't claiming it was more difficult, but its harder to get into because there are so few slots compared to med school.

I dunno... pre-meds are often the top of the douchebag totem pole lol

so are the majority of med students at the same big name places. the kind of hard work required of physicians are incomparably more physically and emotionally gruelling as compared to PhDs. same goes for the student life.

that means nothing. when i was applying to colleges, the coast guard academy had a lower acceptance rate than harvard.

so are the majority of med students at the same big name places. the kind of hard work required of physicians are incomparably more physically and emotionally gruelling as compared to PhDs. same goes for the student life.

that means nothing. when i was applying to colleges, the coast guard academy had a lower acceptance rate than harvard.

Because most folks at harvard couldn't run a 5 minute mile or whatever it is they require! I imagine there are less people in this world built physically and emotionally to be a coast guard rescue swimmer than an MD.

"the kind of hard work required of physicians are incomparably more physically and emotionally gruelling as compared to PhDs. "

I'll agree with emotionally grueling, but I know many professors/grad students put in resident like hours into their labs/teaching. Seems that 3am-4am is the prime time that for my professors to answer their emails!

The purpose of these threads is suppose to be dialogue...which is what I put forth. However, instead of continuing the dialogue and giving feedback on my statement, theprowler choose to correct me on a word. So that part was directed at him. I am all for peaceful talks
Oh yes, because this was such a good continuation of dialogue.

Hum that's funny...cuz my DOCTOR of Veterinary Medicine degree would state otherwise. You probably would not be able to handle HALF the information/knowledge we have to. Stick with learning your ONE species while we learn every animal, different species of those animals, and everything pertaining to them also based on sex and age! PULEEZE...YOU WOULDN'T CALL ANYONE ELSE A DOCTOR...you make me laugh! Oh and by the way, while you may do one thing...we can do it all (primary care, surgery, radiology, pediatrics, geriatrics, anesthesiology, ob/gyn...I could go on). Wait, now that I think about it, it's a wonder we call YOU doctor!
Nope...my days are always blessed so there is no such thing as a rough one! And we (vets) are in a health care setting. If you would like to specify HUMAN then that works...but if I recall earlier on we were regarded as not real doctors. Why can't MEDICAL doctors understand there are diffrrent types of doctors is beyond me (as one poster stated it is all in context). But I will say this, doctors and nurses always seem to think they are superior to a vet and will have no problem letting us know they are one. I could care less. I don't know of any vets who goes to their doctor and says "well I'm a veterinarian...". Had a guy once who couldn't prove his pet had a rabies vaccine. He said, "well I am a doctor, you should be able to take my word" hahaha. Stop dragging us into this argument and we won't have to call you guys on it!
Respectfully signed...
and boy will you MDs get your panties in a knot when I become Dr. TaShonda Lewis-Taylor DVM/PharmD/PhD after pharmacy school...hahahaha

You came in here making a bunch of juvenile comments and claiming that we could never learn what you learned. I'm sorry we didn't respond with insightful prose.

Do you work?

1. Again, not worked up (geesh can't a person just respond to a thread without seeming overly emotional?). I wasn't directing the comments to you, but to the original statements directed at veterinarians within the posts (as most people are doing).

2. Again, the point of this was that we were labeled as non-doctors, but we are able to do all of those things. So therefore if we are able to do all of those things and physicians are only able to do one, then what constitutes one's profession as a doctor over the other? If the original person's arguement is that only those that work on humans are considered doctors, I beg to differ. Otherwise, I don't understand why vets not being doctors always ends up coming out of medical doctors mouth/posted on thier forums. Again, this is in response to the previous postings of this thread (and yes I know they claimed it was to be funny to just add us to the list...but that's counterproductive and disrespectful to our profession).

The purpose of these threads is suppose to be dialogue...which is what I put forth. However, instead of continuing the dialogue and giving feedback on my statement, theprowler choose to correct me on a word. So that part was directed at him. I am all for peaceful talks (hence why I said keep squabbling about moot points...I know my words won't stop people from starting this argument up again in a week.) All I am saying is the word doctor deserves respect and however you got that title deserves respect. People (doctors) need to understand in what context to use the title (i.e. don't announce to me you are a doctor when you bring your pet to see me...all I will think is congratulations, so am I). As for this thread. I will have to side with the MDs on this (per the original statement). I believe we all have a place in health care. Play your part. Don't try to be the scorer and the goalie...it won't work. Medical doctors should be the doctor and the nurse should be there nurse. I just completed my health law class for my MBA and I can tell you that that is liability lawsuit waiting to happen if people think they are being treated by a medical doctor and it is a DNP instead (and sorry, I would be the first one with an issue with it). Now, on the flip side...I think nurses are W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. They are the first and last face we see most of the times and they bring to the table experience and their time (as the doctor has to move on to the next, no complaints here...I completely understand as a clinician myself).

After threads of no value.....this:thumbup:

Respectfully signed...

Why is the first image that popped into my head?
doc-brown-back-to-the-future.jpg

Not to bash people with PhDs, but you're comparing apples and oranges. MDs are not really research degrees like PhDs are, and they draw on completely different skills. You can probably ask any engineer and they'll tell you some of the more brilliant engineers at their company just got a masters from some local state school. Some of the PhDs from Lincoln lab who work in engineering companies know so little compared to engineers, who don't have such an advanced degree, but a few more years of work experience. Keep in mind that a PhD is a specialty in a VERY narrow filed, so narrow that at times it's completely useless in industry. An MD is a much more broadly applicable degree. You're comparing people who have to know something about everything to people who have to know everything about something extremely specific.

Last edited:

You came in here making a bunch of juvenile comments and claiming that we could never learn what you learned. I'm sorry we didn't respond with insightful prose.

No. What's juvenile is you making a comment about a comment not directed to YOU. Also, what you highlighted was clearly to show it is crazy how people get so upset by the title doctor. As far as my dialogue, I was speaking of the post AFTER this posting (if you noticed which one they were responding to). So please don't try to school me on what I posted. As they say, hit dogs bark. If you are not the type of md/future md that puts other professions hard earned degrees down, why are your feelings hurt by what I said?

No. What's juvenile is you making a comment about a comment not directed to YOU. Also, what you highlighted was clearly to show it is crazy how people get so upset by the title doctor. As far as my dialogue, I was speaking of the post AFTER this posting (if you noticed which one they were responding to). So please don't try to school me on what I posted. As they say, hit dogs bark. If you are not the type of md/future md that puts other professions hard earned degrees down, why are your feelings hurt by what I said?

Do all vets have a huge inferiority complex, or is it just all the ones I've encountered?:laugh:

Seriously, you sound just like my dog's vet. As soon as I told her I was in medical school (after she asked what I was in school for), my 20 minute appt. to get my dogs current on their shots turned into a 45 minute tirade about how vet school is so much harder than med school.

Save it, lady, give my dog a treat and let me get the hell out of here, I actually have stuff to do today.:rolleyes:

You reek of insecurity.

Where did I say my feelings were hurt? I'm just amused as you continue to make yourself look like a fool.

You reek of insecurity.
So now people who expect other grown professionals to respect others professions are insecure? If you actually knew me you would know I am so far from insecure about anything in my life. Why are you guys so hurt that someone thinks you should have respect for others work? Oh and to the prior poster...I am proud of ANYONE who gets the opportunity to fulfill whatever career goal they are setting out to complete. If anything it would have been 45 minutes of me asking about your plans and what you want to do with your medical degree. So that is just that individual. Though I must say, as much as we get MDs reminding us that they are doctors as if it needs to be announced (and sadly I got that a lot) she may have just been fruatrayed with that attitude that had been presented to her on other occassions. Not that you presented yourself in that manner, but you never know what she was thinking. Now I feel that this entire thread is about prestige instead of what is best for patients (at least that's what I thought it was about). Seems its about thinking others are beneath this profession and if you disagree you have the problem. Wow...I truly hope this is not how all MDs think/react. I wish you all luck in your endeavors and pray that the attitude and complexes you all have towards others are put to rest, because how you all talk to each other here reflects in how you treat those you work with (i.e. the example given earlier about the psych doctor that was terminated for the treatment of the nurse). Its called respect and if me asking why can't MDs respect other professions makes me insecure then so be it. Now, I have school work and children to look after. You guys enjoy the rest of this forum. Oh and theprowler good luck on your residency...I am sure it will be challenging yet worthwhile. God bless!

<p>
Where did I say my feelings were hurt? I'm just amused as you continue to make yourself look like a fool.
</p>
<p>Wow so now I am a fool? Thanks, that's very mature of you. I still say good luck on your residency as the christian in me won't allow me to say the same thing to you. No matter how much of a fool I look like to you or anyone else here...to get respect you have to give it. Take that with the grain of salt given. goodnight (the fool).</p>

thats supposed to be with a capital C for Christian, bud.

So now people who expect other grown professionals to respect others professions are insecure? If you actually knew me you would know I am so far from insecure about anything in my life. Why are you guys so hurt that someone thinks you should have respect for others work? Oh and to the prior poster...I am proud of ANYONE who gets the opportunity to fulfill whatever career goal they are setting out to complete. If anything it would have been 45 minutes of me asking about your plans and what you want to do with your medical degree. So that is just that individual. Though I must say, as much as we get MDs reminding us that they are doctors as if it needs to be announced (and sadly I got that a lot) she may have just been fruatrayed with that attitude that had been presented to her on other occassions. Not that you presented yourself in that manner, but you never know what she was thinking. Now I feel that this entire thread is about prestige instead of what is best for patients (at least that's what I thought it was about). Seems its about thinking others are beneath this profession and if you disagree you have the problem. Wow...I truly hope this is not how all MDs think/react. I wish you all luck in your endeavors and pray that the attitude and complexes you all have towards others are put to rest, because how you all talk to each other here reflects in how you treat those you work with (i.e. the example given earlier about the psych doctor that was terminated for the treatment of the nurse). Its called respect and if me asking why can't MDs respect other professions makes me insecure then so be it. Now, I have school work and children to look after. You guys enjoy the rest of this forum. Oh and theprowler good luck on your residency...I am sure it will be challenging yet worthwhile. God bless!

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Where are these MDs you speak of? Maybe I haven't had enough exposure yet, but I only know of a few docs that think they are the "end all & be all", but that seems to have more to do with their personality type than anything. Most docs I know are pretty outstanding & respectful people. My observation so far is that douche-bagginess has more to do with the number of titles one puts after their name than their career choice.

Lol. When my girlfriend loses arguments, she says she "doesn't have time for more arguing" as well. :laugh:

Respectfully signed...

Yep.

No, you're wrong. I have finished med school and I also have a graduate degree in biochemistry. You are WAY off. PhDs are a much easier with regard to hours, rigor etc.

Clinical psych? Seriously? Not even in the same ballpark (I have friends being a clinical psychologist). They may have fewer slots but that doesn't make the schooling itself any more or less difficult.

The problem is you're comparing top grad schools to medical schools in general.

It's also not quite a fair comparison because some of the top graduate students are savants, who are intelligent enough to have trouble associating with regular folks (too much of a gulf). Grad school gives you access to a work environment where your interaction with people is much more limited. Medicine is a service profession, so dealing with people is almost unavoidable. I suspect that would play some role in why people choose one or the other.

Again, the point of this was that we were labeled as non-doctors, but we are able to do all of those things.

According to the great oracle that is the MW online dictionary, the definition of medical doctor encompasses physicians, dentists, vets, etc. I believe it is the term physician that denotes exclusivity for humans. (and not of the teeth!)

PhDs are a much easier with regard to hours, rigor etc.

As some one who has both an MD and PhD, both from top tier programs in the respective areas, this is not true. Both degrees have the more strenous times and easier times. However, the PhD is more self-paced, that point I can concede. I have had peers that busted their ass 80+ hours a week, they literally lived in the lab, and finished in 3 years. I have also known people to average less than 40/week, and have their PhD drag on for 6+ years. It's all about motivation, which is really the challenge of the PhD. It is easy to just go through the motions of med school, there is a finite set of requirements with a defined end point, and merely passing is not overly difficult thing to do. Not so with a PhD, you can be killing yourself and still get no where. A signficant portion of PhD students merely give up and get a masters degree.

EDIT: I do not think either group is superior, intellectually, than the other. I have met MDs and PhDs alike that inspire me with their logic and scientific curiosity, but I have likewise met MDs and PhDs that make me cringe to have to consider them peers. But the fact is, you do not have to be the best to be competent.

Last edited:
On behalf of veterinarians everywhere, I apologize. Most of us are quite rational, polite, and level-headed. After reading this thread, I am downright embarrassed (although pretty entertained, as well). I usually watch the pre-allo forum from afar, but this thread was going to hell in a handbasket.

I bet a residency-trained and specialty-boarded DVM with a PhD in biological engineering from MIT would really blow your minds. :D

I do NOT want a DNP acting as my "doctor". If I am paying (or my insurance is paying) for an MD, I have the right to see an MD/DO. There is NO substitute for medical school and a real residency when it comes to human healthcare. Here's to giving up our twenties for the purpose of acquiring ridiculous amounts of education and debt - MDs, DOs, and DVMs alike!

Wow. You sound like a complete tool. Nobody cares that you're older and have 2 kids. You can be as condescending as you like and call everyone darling, it's just making everyone here laugh at you that much more. You called TheProwler a pre-med student. He corrected you. You couldn't even acknowledge that you were wrong. Your whole attitude screams inferiority complex. You also might want to work on your grammar if you want people to take you seriously.

On behalf of veterinarians everywhere, I apologize. Most of us are quite rational, polite, and level-headed. After reading this thread, I am downright embarrassed (although pretty entertained, as well). I usually watch the pre-allo forum from afar, but this thread was going to hell in a handbasket.

I bet a residency-trained and specialty-boarded DVM with a PhD in biological engineering from MIT would really blow your minds. :D

I do NOT want a DNP acting as my "doctor". If I am paying (or my insurance is paying) for an MD, I have the right to see an MD/DO. There is NO substitute for medical school and a real residency when it comes to human healthcare. Here's to giving up our twenties for the purpose of acquiring ridiculous amounts of education and debt - MDs, DOs, and DVMs alike!

:thumbup: There are always going to be tools in all aspects of life, whether it be DVM, MD, DO, DDS. Nobody here has any ill will towards DVMs. Best of luck.

Wow. You sound like a complete tool. Nobody cares that you're older and have 2 kids. You can be as condescending as you like and call everyone darling, it's just making everyone here laugh at you that much more. You called TheProwler a pre-med student. He corrected you. You couldn't even acknowledge that you were wrong. Your whole attitude screams inferiority complex. You also might want to work on your grammar if you want people to take you seriously.

:thumbup: There are always going to be tools in all aspects of life, whether it be DVM, MD, DO, DDS. Nobody here has any ill will towards DVMs. Best of luck.

It gives me warm fuzzies when fools like momoftwosons are called on their BS so unanimously :love:

im calling mom of two sons out. enough is enough and its time to make a change!

it would make my day, if someone named fatherof2daughters started posting in here

or daughterof2fathers...

So true. Veterinarians/vet students/pre-vets are generally pretty level-headed and secure.

Obviously, we also enjoy lurking in your forum when ours gets slow :), which is actually kind of embarassing.

Now you know...

.........lol...nice one!
As a PA student, and as a generalization....

MD/DO + residency > PA/DNP in terms or training

Since when is taking the shorter, less difficult path so well rewarded??

PAs and NPs and god forbid, DNPS, all should practice under the supervision of a physician. otherwise, med school is the only option.

It drives me nuts when NPS claim superiority over PAs. Now these DNPs will be the equivalent of a physician??

more and more i regret not becoming a dentist....