Doctor with Asperger's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nevermind. I will still to medicine. The neuropsy didn't do med school, and I wonder how she can predict I will fail or hate it.

Also, is it true that you need to be gifted to do research (or research in medicine) like my neuropsy said (I'm average intelligence according to her)?

you have got to be kidding me....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Know a few I suspect are Aspies. Most have zero bedside manner, but that's not at all uncommon among physicians. 😉 One is fine one-on-one but cannot handle larger crowds. He knows what he is expected to do... he can run down the list, risks/benefits, etc.... but if the conversation veers away from medicine or what is expected, he's clueless.

There was an article a few years ago about a guy who went to Vandy for med school and somehow outsmarted the whole mortgage crisis. Aspie, too. (Seem to remember he realized it because his son was dx.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Burry


Depending on the age of the physician, I wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few on the autism spectrum running around...and not all are pathologists.