Does it look bad if...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

84lep48

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i just wondering if it looks bad taking courses offered by the same proffesor repeatedly. I've taken two semesters of very different english courses by the same proffessor. and recently a another psych proffessor got me interested in some of thier topics, so i was thinking of taking another class offered by that proffessor next semester.
I like how ill be familiar with teaching styles, and enjoy the way they handle classes but i was wondering if that would be something that would be looked down upon by adcoms. Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, i just wondering if it looks bad taking courses offered by the same proffesor repeatedly. I've taken two semesters of very different english courses by the same proffessor. and recently a another psych proffessor got me interested in some of thier topics, so i was thinking of taking another class offered by that proffessor next semester.
I like how ill be familiar with teaching styles, and enjoy the way they handle classes but i was wondering if that would be something that would be looked down upon by adcoms. Thanks for your input.

Does it even show up on your transcript? Granted, every school is different, but at least at the two I've been at so far, the only thing that shows up on your transcript is the course name, how many units it was worth, what grade you got in it, and when you took it....there's no mention of professor. :cool:

I took one professor 4 times. He ended up writing my best recommendation. I got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
ah interesting, thanks a lot. that makes my decision a lot more clear

I took one professor 4 times. He ended up writing my best recommendation. I got in.
I was going to say... I don't think there's anything wrong with that, especially if that professor will write you a gangbusters LoR. Hell, taking many of their classes and doing well in them can really help develop a good rapport with a professor.

My favorite psych professor from undergrad taught me in 2 or 3 classes, and I would come by his office and hang out between and after classes constantly. He's promised me an LoR for when I apply, and I'm sure it'll be fabulous.

Last edited:
I took classes with the same prof multiple times. It was pretty much a given in my major, since we had only 2 full-time faculty members. One taught me in 2 classes (and supervised my independent project), the other taught me in 5, I think.

why would it even look bad.. that makes no sense.

The schools you apply to will never find out regardless. They see your grades through the AMCAS application which makes no mention of professors.