Does Pittsburgh or West Virginia contact you before they make a final decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rangardrum

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been contacted by each of the schools I applied to except for UPitt and West Virginia U. I was wondering if anyone applied to either of these schools in the past and could let me know if they send you anything before making a final decision.

Another thing to note: I didn't do the ED option for WVU, and Pitt doesn't use ED. WVU is supposed to request a supplementary application from "competitive applicants" at some point, but I suspect they might just be working with ED applicants right now.
 
I think all of the schools completeted ED applications today, the 28th. So, hopefully you should hear something soon! I applied to WVU as well!! Best of luck to you and congrats on already hearing back from schools!! That's awesome!!!
 
Last edited:
I also applied to Pitt. They haven't told me that they have received my application. I read that they start reviewing them Sep 15th and have heard from past years that notifications of acceptance can start as early as late-October but go until much later than that. I have sent them a couple of e-mails, which they haven't returned....

I heard about one interview right away (Temple) which has just spoiled me, since I haven't heard from anyone else of my 6 schools! This is rather painful but still exciting. Keep in mind that it is still early.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to you too, jlconner2! So to confirm, you haven't heard anything yet from WVU?

The other schools that contacted me either sent me notification that my app was received (Northwestern, Arcadia), and some also sent supplementary forms for me to fill out (OU, OSU). The latter involved forms regarding prerequisites I had taken/plan to take.

I also applied to Pitt. They haven't told me that they have received my application. I read that they start reviewing them Sep 15th and have heard from past years that notifications of acceptance can start as early as late-October but go until much later than that. I have sent them a couple of e-mails, which they haven't returned....

I heard about one interview right away (Temple) which has just spoiled me, since I haven't heard from anyone else of my 6 schools! This is rather painful but still exciting. Keep in mind that it is still early.

Okay, I haven't heard anything from Pitt either. I suppose we don't need to be worried this early then. This application period just makes me all paranoid that a school might be missing some small component (a lost GRE form or something), which would eliminate me from consideration.

Enough worrying about this though... I have anatomy midterms to continue studying for!!
 
Julie S, you already heard that you got an interview at Temple? Congrats, thats awesome. When did you submit your app, or when was it mailed? I applied there as well, and just waiting to hear from there.

I heard nothing from Pitt that they recieved my app.

rangardrum, did Arcadia send you an email notification? How long after you submitted did they contact you? I havent gotten any notification from them.
 
My app was mailed on 9/6 and I heard about the interview on 9/14. I had already been in contact with the director of admissions before so that may have helped.
 
rangardrum, did Arcadia send you an email notification? How long after you submitted did they contact you? I havent gotten any notification from them.

I received a postcard in the mail from Arcadia (just confirming the application was complete and being sent on for review). I didn't receive any email contact. My app was sent out sometime in late august/early sept. I can't exactly remember. The postcard came around a week ago.
 
(sorry if this is repeated, I don't have time to look through other responses)

Pitt contacted me to say that they had received my materials and were reviewing them and then I didn't get anything until my acceptance letter. As for WVU, I don't know, because I didn't apply there! If you want more specifics as to the dates/time between my app date and the correspondence I can probably look it up in my email. 🙂

Hope this helps!
 
(sorry if this is repeated, I don't have time to look through other responses)

Pitt contacted me to say that they had received my materials and were reviewing them and then I didn't get anything until my acceptance letter. As for WVU, I don't know, because I didn't apply there! If you want more specifics as to the dates/time between my app date and the correspondence I can probably look it up in my email. 🙂

Hope this helps!

Do you remember roughly when those times were? It would be cool to know, although don't worry about it if you'd have to dig around a lot for that info. Thanks.
 
Do you remember roughly when those times were? It would be cool to know, although don't worry about it if you'd have to dig around a lot for that info. Thanks.

I think I sent my PTCAS app out 3 times, but I was missing one of my PT letters when I got the email from Pitt... I know I sent out my app 2 times in September (once at the beginning of the month and once closer to the end) and then a 3rd time on Oct 13th. On Oct 14th I got an email saying that they had received my application but I was missing a LOR. I'm assuming they received one of the first 2 revisions of my application bc I told the lady I got the email from that I had just revised my application again the previous day. Maybe they only contacted me bc I was missing something?? Didn't think about that til now.

In any case, I got my acceptance letter on (via email) on November 19th. Way before the deadline.

(And it wasn't a big deal, I just searched "Pitt" in my email to find them!)
 
I think I sent my PTCAS app out 3 times, but I was missing one of my PT letters when I got the email from Pitt... I know I sent out my app 2 times in September (once at the beginning of the month and once closer to the end) and then a 3rd time on Oct 13th. On Oct 14th I got an email saying that they had received my application but I was missing a LOR. I'm assuming they received one of the first 2 revisions of my application bc I told the lady I got the email from that I had just revised my application again the previous day. Maybe they only contacted me bc I was missing something?? Didn't think about that til now.

In any case, I got my acceptance letter on (via email) on November 19th. Way before the deadline.

(And it wasn't a big deal, I just searched "Pitt" in my email to find them!)

Cool, that's very helpful to know!
 
I'd suggest calling schools if you think maybe they didn't receive some of your info or app materials. I figured out 2 of my GRE scores never made it to 2 schools I'm applying to, even though I paid to have them sent. If I wouldn't have called to confirm with the schools I may never have caught that my application was inadvertently incomplete. One school even said they had multiple applicants with but no GRE scores and figured there must have been some mixups when the codes changed.
 
I'd suggest calling schools if you think maybe they didn't receive some of your info or app materials. I figured out 2 of my GRE scores never made it to 2 schools I'm applying to, even though I paid to have them sent. If I wouldn't have called to confirm with the schools I may never have caught that my application was inadvertently incomplete. One school even said they had multiple applicants with but no GRE scores and figured there must have been some mixups when the codes changed.

Hmm, that's pretty distressing. It would be awful to get your application tossed due to the GRE scores somehow getting lost in the mail. I'm assuming if a school tells you that your application is "complete" though, the GRE scores are received.
 
Hey guys! I applied to Pitt last year but unlike markelmarcel, I did not hear from them at all until I got my rejection email in Jan or Feb. Not even to say they got my materials and were reviewing them or anything. This was the only school that didn't contact me on their own... I found out that some people had gotten accepted in November so I emailed them then to ask if they received my things just to make sure my app wasn't tossed, and they responded to say they had received it. Sorry if I sound like a downer, I'm not trying to be, this is just how my experience was with them! I didn't apply to WVU so I don't know how they go about things. Good luck to you guys!! There's still LOTS of time!!
 
Hey guys! I applied to Pitt last year but unlike markelmarcel, I did not hear from them at all until I got my rejection email in Jan or Feb. Not even to say they got my materials and were reviewing them or anything. This was the only school that didn't contact me on their own... I found out that some people had gotten accepted in November so I emailed them then to ask if they received my things just to make sure my app wasn't tossed, and they responded to say they had received it. Sorry if I sound like a downer, I'm not trying to be, this is just how my experience was with them! I didn't apply to WVU so I don't know how they go about things. Good luck to you guys!! There's still LOTS of time!!

Thank you for sharing, dlizzy. I have a feeling the next few months are going to just draaaaag by slowly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad