Does Research Credit count in BPCM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agito13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just have one question. Im doing research in a lab, for my own interests, and because it is also required for my Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Bachelor's degree. Im doing research in the fall that counts as 4 credit hours towards my degree, and the same thing in the spring. Total, this class counts as 8 credit hours. Is this class credit and grade included in my BPCM? I would think it does, and I've seen other people say it does, but people who just applied recently told me it doesn't anymore. Can I get some clarifications on this? Thanks for any reply!
Oh and my research entail Structural and conformational analysis of complex carbohydrates in the Area of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello all, I just have one question. Im doing research in a lab, for my own interests, and because it is also required for my Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Bachelor's degree. Im doing research in the fall that counts as 4 credit hours towards my degree, and the same thing in the spring. Total, this class counts as 8 credit hours. Is this class credit and grade included in my BPCM? I would think it does, and I've seen other people say it does, but people who just applied recently told me it doesn't anymore. Can I get some clarifications on this? Thanks for any reply!

What department is the credit in?

My research credit was counted as BCPM and it's department was "UC" as in University Course. I classified it as biology and they took it as that. It seems they mostly trust your judgement unless its completely ridiculous.