Does taking Calculus really matter to get into a good Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kguzman12

Reaction score
This was always a question I had but was never able to get much of an answer. I have already taken Statistics and passed with an A-. I was planning on taking Biostats but was wondering if that would be enough to meet the math requirement for medical school. Should I at least take Pre Calculus and then one semester of Calculus even though I know I am stronger at Stats?

Members don't see this ad.

This was always a question I had but was never able to get much of an answer. I have already taken Statistics and passed with an A-. I was planning on taking Biostats but was wondering if that would be enough to meet the math requirement for medical school. Should I at least take Pre Calculus and then one semester of Calculus even though I know I am stronger at Stats?
Calculus was a requirement for my science major. It is not a pre-req for most medical schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I was a math minor and i literally used no math for MCAT or medical school. Statistics? yes. Ability to see and understand graphs? yes. Math? no.

This has been answered elsewhere, but it's absolutely not needed for MCAT or admission at 99% of schools
*edit: stats is far more useful and will meet math requirements. Pre-calc would be good to take if you haven't already taken physics.