Does the application schools receive the same as "print application" we see?

Started by Fly Racing
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fly Racing

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to figure out how the application is actually presented to schools, so I can place the information in the boxes in the way that is most clear and concise (and just right!). I'm thinking that what we see when we hit the print application button is not the same format the schools receive (starting with all that useless personal data, that doesn't really make the application).

Does anyone have any insight?
 
Well, K-State had my app up in front of them during the interview on laptops. I doubt with the high volume of apps they receive that anything is printed. So I made it the most concise through looking at the computer screen.
 
Were they clicking on things like it was online and interactive (like it is when we are working on it), or did it seem like it was a PDF they scrolled through?

It does make sense it is Electronic, but I was previously justifying the amount we must pay them by thinking of the cost of all that paper and postage! And they always say they "mail" the applications to schools, but maybe that's on a flash drive!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ohio State had a printed copy of it in my file. I don't know what format it was in, but both of my interviewers said that they had extensively reviewed it before my interview.

Then they had separate sheets where they put my question answers and other comments.
 
Just a heads up, when I did my file review with Illinois, some of the experiences I had typed had the names cut off at the end due to not fitting in the page. For example, I had written something like XYZ High School Valedictorian, but the -orian part had been cut off when the reviewers printed the application. That sucks because that was an important honor to me and it lost the full effect because I didn't review the print version, so definitely print it out to review beforehand just in case they don't look at it electronically!