Doesn't it seem counter intuitive....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snahster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a dentist who was chain smoking.... it's hard for me to believe how he can do this when he's obviously learned the mechanisms by which cigarette smoke harms the body and contributes to gum disease.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw a dentist who was chain smoking.... it's hard for me to believe how he can do this when he's obviously learned the mechanisms by which cigarette smoke harms the body and contributes to gum disease.

I'm sure there are doctors who drink alcohol...and pharmacists who use drugs. Its a life choice, at least their fully aware of what their getting themselves into.

He's probably going through high levels of stress, and that can also be detrimental to the body (whether it's more so or less than smoking, I'm not gonna get into). He smokes to relieve his stress, so he's just choosing the lesser of two evils. So it's really not that hypocritical.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know an emergency room doc who races motorcycles.

Is he older? Maybe he started smoking way back when it wasn't considered detrimental to your health and now its just too hard to quit? Or maybe he realizes just how cool it makes you look?? :D

I know a dentist who still throws in a chew every one in a while.

never underestimate the addictive properties of nicotine and the human ability to hang onto bad habits.

<--- former smoker

I chew copenhagen. And I swallow. I am going to be able to dip while at work.:thumbup:

I chew copenhagen. And I swallow. I am going to be able to dip while at work.:thumbup:

u swallow all the glass in ur stomach !! i must say ur one superman !