Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I ever fall in love with a guy and he wants childen but I refuse, I'd say I'm being pretty selfish..
Wouldn't he, by imposing his desires upon the relationship, be selfish in that scenario too?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If I ever fall in love with a guy and he wants childen but I refuse, I'd say I'm being pretty selfish..
Just let him know before becoming serious. There's plenty of guys who don't want kidsIf I ever fall in love with a guy and he wants childen but I refuse, I'd say I'm being pretty selfish..
The snobbery comes from years of practice, a refined sense of discovering jokers trying too hard to pick a fight over nothing, and earned arrogance. What do you want from me? Okay, I get it, you're a witty guy. Clap clap clap. Good for you. More like Vietnam Era—I failed sarcasm 101, sue me.You had several posts you made in defense of calling them ****ups (among others on this thread) that you could have qualified your statement in so I don't get where the snobbery comes in for this one.
And as an aside note, your sarcasm is full on fail. Your audience here is not of the "greatest generation". To also note, greatest generation my ass.
Well, yes.. Most guys are probably terrified of dating a future neurosurgeon. My best shot is finding a fellow doctor/surgeon who understands and accepts my priorities, I guess.
Fair enough. Stay in your house and I won't step on your lawn.The snobbery comes from years of practice, a refined sense of discovering jokers trying too hard to pick a fight over nothing, and earned arrogance. What do you want from me? Okay, I get it, you're a witty guy. Clap clap clap. Good for you. More like Vietnam Era—I failed sarcasm 101, sue me.
Fair enough. Stay in your house and I won't step on your lawn.
Lol POS kids? I've met some annoying kids sure, but seldom ones I would call pieces of ****. Usually it's the ******* parents that are the issue. If you look at parents who are unhappy, just look at the relationship they have with each other. It's usually their ****ty relationship that causes strife. Divorces don't happen because the kids are ****ty.I'd take his blunt honesty over the parents that clearly hate their lives and their children but refuse to admit it and continue to claim that their POS kids are a joy.
Lol POS kids? I've met some annoying kids sure, but seldom ones I would call pieces of ****. Usually it's the ******* parents that are the issue. If you look at parents who are unhappy, just look at the relationship they have with each other. It's usually their ****** relationship that causes strife. Divorces don't happen because the kids are ******.
And yea, I do appreciate honesty as well. I really don't care if people are lying about their happiness though.
No, I was talking about sub 18 year olds. But I know plenty of 18 year olds doing drugs daily, and then they go on to become doctors.I don't know if you've just met great kids or are burying your head in the sand.
And so we're on the same page, we are both talking about basically 18+ "kids", not a 12 year old, right? As in your grown up child who is not doing with anything with their life, doing drugs daily, etc.
No, I was talking about sub 18 year olds. But I know plenty of 18 year olds doing drugs daily, and then they go on to become doctors.
I don't know too many people with kids in the 18 year old pile not doing anything pile as I am young and usually get to know people who are doing something. Do you hang around a bunch of middle aged folks that praise their kids or something?Well they're not really in the not doing anything with their life pool are they?
Judging sub 18 yr olds is a bit rash. Although a lot of them are whiny and annoying.
I don't know too many people with kids in the 18 year old pile not doing anything pile as I am young and usually get to know people who are doing something. Do you hang around a bunch of middle aged folks that praise their kids or something?
Kudos to you for doing what you want and not being pressured to assume "the role." A lot of young doctors get married and have children solely to cultivate a certain image. Beautiful doctor spouse, three beautiful children, beautiful mcmansion, beautiful mercedes benz, beautiful private schools, beautiful clothes and shoes for all, even a beautiful dog. Whether the person wants to be married or have kids doesn't really enter in the picture because it's required for the image.
Not getting married and having children will make you more attractive as a potential neurosurgery trainee.
At the same time prepare to be criticized by other female doctors for your lifestyle choice. Asking yourself the question if you can still raise children while working 100 hours a week is a very important question that a lot of people ignore because they don't like the answer.
I didn't read this whole thread but my genes are so awesome it would be a crime against humanity for me NOT to pass them on.
I actually wouldn't be averse to a few illegitimate kids.
If the fellow did not acknowledge, appreciate, and respect your decision the relationship would suffer. Compatibility, don't get married without it.If I ever fall in love with a guy and he wants childen but I refuse, I'd say I'm being pretty selfish..
She made a thread earlier (under a different name sans the neurosurgeon detail) about this in which she went into details about her physical assets/proportions and it went kind of weird so I guess she wants to chat about this topic a lot for whatever reason.I think kids are awesome, but I don't get why people feel the need to post a thread on Sdn asking permission to not have them. Plenty of other people don't want them either so no, you are not confined to spinsterhood.
On being callous: Time makes heels of us all. Artificial, unauthentic comments, saying what's "expected," or "what you're 'supposed' to say defeats the purpose of describing the emptiness which accompanies years of dedication to work, patients, career, and all the me me me. Am I joking? Am I selfish now? To a degree yes, but to a greater degree I am mindful of many things which eluded me earlier in life.
I didn't read this whole thread but my genes are so awesome it would be a crime against humanity for me NOT to pass them on.
I actually wouldn't be averse to a few illegitimate kids.
Thread just got classy.Gotta make sure the women can't find you for 18 years though. Unless your last name is Duggar, it's the best way to maximize your genetic impact with minimal financial impact.
What if you can afford all four?Raising a kid is as expensive as getting a Ferrari, a plane or a cocaine habit. I think I'll just stick to getting one of them.
Than how do you know it was her since she doesn't have any other info on her profile?under a different name

I like the idea of two working professionals who can take a few weeks off a month and travel,
She made a thread earlier (under a different name sans the neurosurgeon detail) about this in which she went into details about her physical assets/proportions and it went kind of weird so I guess she wants to chat about this topic a lot for whatever reason.
I would never judge someone for their intellectual honesty, but as you have the security of anonymity others also have the security of saying how they feel in response to you. Not that it should be attempts to shame or degrade you. That said...
I give you the excuse that in your generation it would have been almost unheard of to refuse children when your spouse wants them. It is not a crime to be selfish with your life goals and your time. Truthfully, I don't think most people ought to be having any.
Once children are brought into the equation, however, it is intuitively irresponsible to not only do poorly in their rearing but then to later dismiss them as f*** ups. Your tone and flippancy is revealing - maybe a defense mechanism and way to distance yourself from guilt. Or maybe just a genuinely careless, unapologetic "me first" personality.
I would like to get married, but it´s not that easy to find a guy who doesn´t want kids..
Than you are a lucky bastard.What if you can afford all four?
How you doin '? 😉I would argue that it's harder to find a woman who doesn't want kids. I know a few guys who are comitted to having kids at some point, but many of my female friends talk about having kids as one of the primary goals of their lives. I'm hanging my hopes on meeting someone whose primary focus in life is her career.
Maybe I should just clone myself. Mine are so close to perfection.my genes are so awesome
I'm betting a lot of the profiles would be solid comedy gold. Someone get on this, STAT!SDN just needs a dating app....
I'm betting a lot of the profiles would be solid comedy gold. Someone get on this, STAT!
I expect you to grow up and stop doing everything that is expected of you by the time you are 29.I mean, isn't it kind of expected that you should have kids, because you need to pass on your genetic legacy? My parents expect me to produce children by the time I am 29.
I mean, isn't it kind of expected that you should have kids, because you need to pass on your genetic legacy? My parents expect me to produce children by the time I am 29.
I mean, isn't it kind of expected that you should have kids, because you need to pass on your genetic legacy? My parents expect me to produce children by the time I am 29.
I mean, isn't it kind of expected that you should have kids, because you need to pass on your genetic legacy? My parents expect me to produce children by the time I am 29.
With kids like these...who wants 'em? 😛Seriously what are your parents going to do about it?
She made a thread earlier (under a different name sans the neurosurgeon detail) about this in which she went into details about her physical assets/proportions and it went kind of weird so I guess she wants to chat about this topic a lot for whatever reason.
I would never judge someone for *their intellectual honesty, but as you have the security of anonymity others also have the security of saying how they feel in response to you. Not that it should be attempts to shame or degrade you. That said...
I give you the excuse that in your generation it would have been almost unheard of to refuse children when your spouse wants them. It is not a crime to be selfish with your life goals and your time. Truthfully, I don't think most people ought to be having any.
Once children are brought into the equation, however, it is intuitively irresponsible to not only do poorly in their rearing but then to later dismiss them as f*** ups. Your tone and flippancy is revealing - maybe a defense mechanism and way to distance yourself from guilt. Or maybe just a genuinely careless, unapologetic "me first" personality.
Give me three years and I'll come do an away rotation on your service 😉How you doin '? 😉
I like picking on old people. In my spare time I go to CVS, take werthers original bags and crush them, then put them back on the shelf. 😡*his
Underlined is hilarious because that's exactly what you go on to do with the rest of your post. I realize others in this thread have done the same, just singling you out because it's fun.
Why all the negativity and judgment towards this croak fellow? He shared a personal (seemingly painful) snippet of his life that was relevant in the context of this thread. I don't understand all these self-righteous posts and attacks on this guy.
I like picking on old people. In my spare time I go to CVS, take werthers original bags and crush them, then put them back on the shelf. 😡
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.