Don't expect waitlists to move anytime soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtnbke

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Girlfriend just recieved a interview request from Tufts. This is the request not the interview. Who knows when the interview will be scheduled for? April, maybe considering travel arrangements.

If some schools are this far behind and still sending out OFFERS to interview let alone still holding interviews then by nature the whole Ponzi scheme of waitlist and holding one admisssion offer at a time is going to be going Monty Haul until almost matriculation. As one student interviews late at a school and accepts that frees up a spot they were holding elsewhere.

I can imagine the PDA buzzing with an acceptance from your number one choice during the white coat ceremony at school # 2.

Something to think about.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by mtnbke:
•I can imagine the PDA buzzing with an acceptance from your number one choice during the white coat ceremony at school # 2.

•••••I agree that the waitlist shuffle is going to be crazy late this summer however, this could not happen. According to the <a href="http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/recommendations.htm" target="_blank">AAMC</a>, you are not supposed to be offered an acceptance after you have begun classes or an orientation at another school.

Also, the AAMC May 15 deadline for holding one acceptance is still in place. So if all goes well, we shouldn't be getting off waitlists in september.