The Republic of Texas XLII: You Don't Just Move Into Texas, It Moves Into You

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, are we expecting a bunch of WL movement tmmrw or evenly distributed out the next few days. Im nervous but excited for everyone, esp those to get their first A!
Any time between now & the end of June.
There’s a lot going on today because AMCAS was urging people to choose by today and many holding several offers finally let some of them slip from their grasp! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Texas Roundup: April 30, 2024

April 29 2024
Up For Grabs Again:

1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM, IS
1 spot relinquished at UT Tyler, IS
1 spot relinquished at UTSW, IS
1 spot relinquished at UH Fertitta, IS

April 30 2024
1 Dell
offer of admission from WL, IS
1 TCU offer of admission from WL
1 UTMB offer of admission from WL, IS
1 UTMB offer from WL, IS, deciding

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at UT Tyler, OOS
1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM

These are just the ones I know about from our SDN members, so share your news, y'all, on the individual school threads or DM me

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
ezgif.com-added-text.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Texas Roundup: April 30, 2024

April 29 2024
Up For Grabs Again:

1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM, IS
1 spot relinquished at UT Tyler, IS
1 spot relinquished at UTSW, IS

April 30 2024
1 Dell offer of admission from WL, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at UT Tyler, OOS

These are just the ones I know about from our SDN members, so share your news, y'all, on the individual school threads or DM me
Dang....Dell had a spot 🤤

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
A bit of a spinoff of the previous waitlist questions, but if I have a TMDSAS admission and waitlists, and an AMCAS waitlist, will I have to withdraw both TMDSAS and AMCAS waitlists after May 15th? I'd prefer to keep my AMCAS waitlist open as long as possible. UTMB doesn't seem to have much clarification for their CTE deadline regarding AMCAS waitlists. Maybe I missed it.

A bit of a spinoff of the previous waitlist questions, but if I have a TMDSAS admission and waitlists, and an AMCAS waitlist, will I have to withdraw both TMDSAS and AMCAS waitlists after May 15th? I'd prefer to keep my AMCAS waitlist open as long as possible. UTMB doesn't seem to have much clarification for their CTE deadline regarding AMCAS waitlists. Maybe I missed it.
Select PTE to stay on waitlists.
You still need to narrow it down to one acceptance though.

Select PTE to stay on waitlists.
You still need to narrow it down to one acceptance though.
I only have the one active acceptance- the other was withdrawn. I'm just curious if I can stay on the AMCAS waitlist after the 15th

I am in a similar position. I have a TMDSAS A and am on 2 TMDSAS WL and 1 AMCAS WL (after withdrawing all other AMCAS As). I PTEd to my TMDSAS school. Once May 15th passes by, if I don't get off my 2 TMDSAS WL then those will be automatically withdrawn and I will only remain on my 1 AMCAS WL (but I will probably withdraw from it afterwards if nothing happens).

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlists are forever!
However, those with a TMDSAS admission IS will auto lose their waitlists after May 15h and dont have to do anything proactive.
The gate rules state that if the school does not provide a CTE, it is 3 weeks before orientation start date.

Reactions: 1 users
Texas Roundup: May 3, 2024

May 1-2 2024
1 UTMB
1 Baylor offer of admission from WL, OOS
1 Baylor offer of admission from WL, OOS, deciding
1 UTSW offer of admission from WL

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at Baylor, IS

May 3 2024
1 SHSU
1 Baylor offer of admission from WL, OOS
1 U Houston Fertitta offer of admission from WL, IS
1 UTRGV offer of admission from WL, OOS, deciding

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at Long, IS

Share your news, y'all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Registering to reply here on SDN, because I know how brutal waitlists can be. I was on the waitlist for 4 schools, and I just got off of the waitlist. Headed towards UTMB sealy. Have faith people. I was a non-believer until I got the A today at 12:30.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Registering to reply here on SDN, because I know how brutal waitlists can be. I was on the waitlist for 4 schools, and I just got off of the waitlist. Headed towards UTMB sealy. Have faith people. I was a non-believer until I got the A today at 12:30.
Heck of a first post, congratulations :highfive:

Reactions: 4 users
Heck of a first post, congratulations :highfive:
Thank you! Forgot to mention im IS. Just trying to keep motivation going for the roundup! Movement is happening, but obviously prob little by little. LMK if you all want any deets as well. Just trying to keep the train going!

Thank you! Forgot to mention im IS. Just trying to keep motivation going for the roundup! Movement is happening, but obviously prob little by little. LMK if you all want any deets as well. Just trying to keep the train going!

congrats!! DMed you btw. praying to get off utmb wl too soon

From what these SDN threads are showing, to me it looks like there hasn't been too much IS WL movement just yet (minus UTMB).

From what these SDN threads are showing, to me it looks like there hasn't been too much IS WL movement just yet (minus UTMB).
Yeah looks like baylor was only OOS but still crazy that they all got Houston so maybe there’s a chance for IS to get Houston but he seemed very clear in his email that all people who participated in Match and got WL get temple

Yeah looks like baylor was only OOS but still crazy that they all got Houston so maybe there’s a chance for IS to get Houston but he seemed very clear in his email that all people who participated in Match and got WL get temple
Ive been hearing that WL is automatically Temple but where did they say that. I reread the email and it didnt really say ur automatically going to Temple if you get off the waitlist

Ive been hearing that WL is automatically Temple but where did they say that. I reread the email and it didnt really say ur automatically going to Temple if you get off the waitlist
It was implied at one of the tours in January but again doesn’t mean that WL is definitely going to temple

If they are trying to entice someone OOS because they lost other OOS already allocated to Houston, they are most likely doing a one to one swap. If they offer them Temple and the OOS students dont take it, they have to keep finding other qualified OOS students and it is just easier this way.

This is the email I got

“….When spots become available, students on the WL will be made offers to our Temple Campus. I hope that we will be able to offer you spot but WL movement varies considerably from year to year.”

Why do ppl want Houston so bad for Baylor? Temple imo is a decent living situation. Y’all just like the city?

Why do ppl want Houston so bad for Baylor? Temple imo is a decent living situation. Y’all just like the city?
Temple Baylor has completed only one year. Its not that different from UT Tyler in people's eyes although it has a Baylor label. However, it has a great history with A&M. A lot of people have graduated from there and gone onto great things.

Houston seems to have a lot more of the Dual Degree options, not Temple.

Part of the allure of Baylor IS Houston. Being in the middle of the med center in huge for opportunities! Though day-to-day life, I would rather live in Temple

Part of the allure of Baylor IS Houston. Being in the middle of the med center in huge for opportunities! Though day-to-day life, I would rather live in Temple

Same for me.

let's see if there's lots of movement this week 😶

Reactions: 4 users
Long did a waitlist Q&A on 05/01 and it was mentioned that no waitlist movement had started for IS or OOS, but that there were already 15-25 empty spots. They said waitlist would start this week!

Guys, I think there will be more WL offers soon, but also this week many of the med schools are holding graduation ceremonies for their MS4 students and that is a big project that pulls in lots of administrators.
When you reach MS4 you will treasure the attention they give to making your graduation memorable.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Guys, I think there will be more WL offers soon, but also this week many of the med schools are holding graduation ceremonies for their MS4 students and that is a big project that pulls in lots of administrators.
When you reach MS4 you will treasure the attention they give to making your graduation memorable.
UTSW is this week for 2-3 days - starting with rehearsal today and events tomorrow and day after.

A&M seems to be 18th and Baylor is after memorial day.

So Baylor - if you got seats feel free to fill them up ASAP. :)

Has this year been slower than previous years in terms of movement? Also, are graduation ceremonies for MS4s typically held on the first week of May?

Has this year been slower than previous years in terms of movement? Also, are graduation ceremonies for MS4s typically held on the first week of May?
Typical busy month is May, so not much different.
Every waitlist group thinks their year is the slowest.
All you have to do is view the Instagrams of your favorite med schools to see that yes, it's graduation time.

Reactions: 3 users
hello! do any of yall have any insight as to when it's recommended to complete the graduate direct PLUS loan application? specifically whether we should wait until we get our financial aid award from the school or if we can/should just go ahead and submit the application now?
also, just curious as to how many incoming students have even received any sort of financial aid package yet? 😭 i've called my school's finaid office and they just said they were working on things as fast as possible but really couldn't give any specific dates or timeline or anything. i was just wondering what boat everybody else is in bc all these fafsa delays and whatnot are makin me anxious :')

hello! do any of yall have any insight as to when it's recommended to complete the graduate direct PLUS loan application? specifically whether we should wait until we get our financial aid award from the school or if we can/should just go ahead and submit the application now?
also, just curious as to how many incoming students have even received any sort of financial aid package yet? 😭 i've called my school's finaid office and they just said they were working on things as fast as possible but really couldn't give any specific dates or timeline or anything. i was just wondering what boat everybody else is in bc all these fafsa delays and whatnot are makin me anxious :')
Maximum loan amount for direct subsidized federal loans is $65,500 . If the financial aid office estimates your COA as more than that and you don't have $$ reserves, that is the time you would apply for unsubsidized loans and/or Grad Plus loans.
The financial aid offices are working with what they have and what they can. They are in the same bind as you are with delayed FAFSA data.

Edit: Corrected the above after checking my facts. Read here about subsidized and unsubsidized loans for graduate students.
https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized

Last edited:
Texas Roundup: May 6, 2024

May 2 2024
1 UTMB

May 4-6 2024
2 Long
offers of admission from WL, OOS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at TCOM

Don't hold back, y'all, share your news. Even if you're still deciding

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
If you’re holding an A as an in-state applicant, can you still be considered for admission off the WL after May 15th?

Texas Roundup: May 7, 2024

May 7 2004

1 SHSU
offer of admission from WL
1 UTSW offer of admission from WL, IS
1 UIWSOM offer of admission from WL
1 Long offer of admission from WL, OOS
1 McGovern offer of admission from WL, OOS, deciding

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at UTMB, IS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Texas Roundup: May 7 2004

May 7 2004

1 SHSU

Up For Grabs Again:
How do you know all this?? It means WL is moving??

Texas Roundup: May 7 2004

May 7 2004

1 SHSU
1 McGovern offer of admission from WL, deciding

Up For Grabs Again:
Was the McGovern offer IS or OOS?