The Republic of Texas XLII: You Don't Just Move Into Texas, It Moves Into You

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Texas Roundup: May 17, 2024

May 16-17 2024

1 A & M
offer of admission from WL, IS
1 Long offer of admission from WL, IS
1 SHSU offer of admission from WL

Up For Grabs Again:
2 WL offers from McGovern recently, IS, declined

The new WL offers went out to people with no previous TMDSAS acceptances.
Share your news!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Texas Roundup: May 21-22, 2024
May 21 2024
1 SHSU
1 UH Fertitta offer of admission from WL, IS
1 Texas Tech Lubbock offer of admission from WL, IS

May 22 2024
1 Long
1 SHSU offer of admission from WL

Share your news if ya have any!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Will Texas wait-list movement be significantly reduced this week onwards?

Last edited:
Will Texas wait-list movement be significantly reduced this week onwards?
There have been a lot fewer people sharing their news this year than in the past couple of years.
Texas WL offers generally come to a halt around the end of June

Reactions: 1 users
There have been a lot fewer people sharing their news this year than in the past couple of years.
Texas WL offers generally come to a halt around the end of June
Does sending a secondary as reapplicant to a school where you've been waitlisted invalidate your wait-list?

Does sending a secondary as reapplicant to a school where you've been waitlisted invalidate your wait-list?
No, it doesn’t.
It’s uncommon because of the 3-4 week processing time, but I suppose it could happen if your app was verified the first day and already sent

Reactions: 1 user
Texas Roundup: May 28, 2024
May 23 2024
1 A & M
offer of admission from WL, OOS
1 UTRGV offer of admission from WL, IS

May 27 2024
2 UIWSOM
offers of admission from WL

Let's hear it, y'all, what's going on?
If you're only on WLs, are you preparing your re-application, or have you figured out what's missing from your application and need a year to add to your activities?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Texas Roundup: May 30, 2024
May 22 2024
1 UTSW

May 29-30 2024
1 TCU
offer of admission from WL, declined
1 UIWSOM
offer of admission from WL

Still on WLs with no admissions?
Have you added to and improved your application since last year?
Make a plan to do that while you are waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Activate power ranger mode. I'm ready to go back into the time warper and match into Harvard
Hashirama Senju Loop GIF by Xbox

ULTIMATE POWEEERRRRRR UNLOCKED

This thread looks pretty lit. Good luck Texas folks. Wishing the CA system was the same.

• Care
This thread was genuinely one of the best things during the app cycle. Definitely was lucky to have it!

Yeah, I agree with @purkinjekitty that this thread was genuinely so helpful and so great to connect with others!

Last edited:
Loved sharing this journey with all y'all! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Texas Roundup: June 4-5, 2024

June 2 2024
1 Long
offer of admission from WL, OOS, deciding

June 3 2024
1 TCOM
offer of admission from WL, OOS, deciding
1 TCOM offer of admission from WL
1 UTSW offer of admission from WL, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Texas Roundup: June 8, 2024

June 6 2024

1 Texas Tech El Paso offer of admission from WL, OOS

Anyone else hear some good news in Texas in the last 2 weeks? We'd love to hear about it!

Texas Roundup: June 8, 2024

June 6 2024

1 Texas Tech El Paso offer of admission from WL, OOS

Anyone else hear some good news in Texas in the last 2 weeks? We'd love to hear about it!
So wysdoc do you think this year has been a slower waitlist movement bc the match did its job or less ppl on sdn taking about their results

So wysdoc do you think this year has been a slower waitlist movement bc the match did its job or less ppl on sdn taking about their results
I think the schools probably did a pretty good job at filling their classes this year and didn't need to go to the WLs as much.
We had a lot of good participation on this thread this year, thanks to you guys who are fun and supportive to each other!

There are a few places where it's clear people didn't share news here though - on May 17 I shared that 2 people had turned down offers from the McGovern WL. Nobody has spoken up to say they were offered those spots. I figure they went to non-SDN members or shy SDN members :shy:

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Waitlist movement seems to be in the gutter compared to previous years. Either that, or people aren't posting their WL As. In our class discord, there have been ~15-20 additions in the past couple of months, which is on par with what the MSAR claims, but who knows?

Waitlist movement seems to be in the gutter compared to previous years. Either that, or people aren't posting their WL As. In our class discord, there have been ~15-20 additions in the past couple of months, which is on par with what the MSAR claims, but who knows?
Do you think those are people who just joined the discord late, or were they really accepted from the WL in these last 2 months?

Do you think those are people who just joined the discord late, or were they really accepted from the WL in these last 2 months?
There's certainly no definitive proof. Though some students gave an introduction, none mentioned if they were accepted off the waitlist, so I'm only assuming. The only reason I think these are waitlisters is because about half of them joined on the same day within several hours of each other.

@wysdoc has this year's republic thread already started?
No I don’t usually start it up until July or so since most of the early questions go more on the TMDSAS questions side or the school specific threads.
When I feel like all the WL activity is over for 2023-2024 I will close down the current Republic of Texas thread & open a new one :)

No I don’t usually start it up until July or so since most of the early questions go more on the TMDSAS questions side or the school specific threads.
When I feel like all the WL activity is over for 2023-2024 I will close down the current Republic of Texas thread & open a new one :)
Always been curious as a long time lurker, what does the XLII mean? Has this forum been an annual thing for 42 years???

old west.jpg

We may be closing down our saloon here pretty soon...

Before we do that, I want to ask when the 2024 Orientation start date is for each of the Texas schools.
Someone who knows for sure at the school you'll attend, please chime in & I will add the start date to the list below.

2024 Orientation Begins on:
Baylor - July 22
Long - July 22
McGovern - July 29
A&M - July 22
Texas Tech El Paso - July 1
Texas Tech Lubbock - July 24
Fertitta U of H - July 15
Dell - June 24
UTMB - July 22
UTRGV - June 27
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler - June 24
TCU - July 8
SHSU - July 24
UNTHSC (TCOM) - July 8
UIWSOM - July 24

Last edited:
View attachment 388125

Before we do that, I want to ask when the 2024 Orientation start date is for each of the Texas schools.
Someone who knows for sure at the school you'll attend, please chime in & I will add the start date to the list below.

Baylor
Long
McGovern
A&M
Texas Tech El Paso
Texas Tech Lubbock
Fertitta U of H
Dell
UTMB
UTRGV
UTSW
UT Tyler
TCU
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM)
UIWSOM
July 29 for UTSW!

Last edited:
  • Love
View attachment 388125

Baylor
Long
McGovern
A&M
Texas Tech El Paso
Texas Tech Lubbock
Fertitta U of H
Dell
UTMB
UTRGV
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler
TCU
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM)
UIWSOM
Long Orientation is July 22

View attachment 388125

Baylor
Long
McGovern
A&M
Texas Tech El Paso
Texas Tech Lubbock
Fertitta U of H
Dell
UTMB
UTRGV
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler
TCU
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM)
UIWSOM
July 8th for TCOM! Thanks for everything @wysdoc ❤️

Reactions: 3 users
View attachment 388125

Baylor
Long - July 22
McGovern
A&M
Texas Tech El Paso
Texas Tech Lubbock
Fertitta U of H
Dell
UTMB
UTRGV
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler
TCU
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM) - July 8
UIWSOM

UTMB 7/22

View attachment 388125

Baylor
Long - July 22
McGovern - July 29
A&M - July 22
Texas Tech El Paso
Texas Tech Lubbock
Fertitta U of H
Dell
UTMB - July 22
UTRGV
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler - June 24
TCU
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM) - July 8
UIWSOM
U of H July 15

View attachment 388125

Baylor
Long - July 22
McGovern - July 29
A&M - July 22
Texas Tech El Paso
Texas Tech Lubbock
Dell
UTMB - July 22
UTRGV
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler - June 24
TCU
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM) - July 8
UIWSOM
El Paso is July 1

Are we sure about UTMB being 7/22? They just started their second year classes and last year classes started early July.

View attachment 388125

Baylor
Long - July 22
McGovern - July 29
A&M - July 22
Texas Tech Lubbock
Dell
UTMB - July 22
UTRGV
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler - June 24
TCU
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM) - July 8
UIWSOM
Happy to have been part of this cycle with y’all, hopefully future cycles’ students will be able to gain as much from this thread as I did this year.

Anxious and excited to see what the future holds in store!

View attachment 388125

Baylor - July 22
Long - July 22
McGovern - July 29
A&M - July 22
Texas Tech Lubbock - July 24
Dell
UTMB - July 22
UTRGV
UTSW - July 29
UT Tyler - June 24
TCU - July 8
SHSU
UNTHSC (TCOM) - July 8
UIWSOM - July 24
when is the first day of class usually in regards to orientation date? the following monday? following day?