-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Don't go to Dental School
Started by Firm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A
akog
Good times
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, withdrawing my application now
It's bad now, will only be worse when you graduate.
Here we go again
It's not worth it. You'll end up graduating with $500,000+ in debt and will spend your entire life working in a corporation paying it off. The dental ship has sailed. You have been warned.
Here we go again,
Happy as can be.
All good pals and jolly good company.
Oh oh here it comes
Full time internet troll? Though I believe that field is saturated too.....
Which is why I'm withdrawing my application. Thanks for the heads up. You can leave now knowing you saved one life at least.It's bad now, will only be worse when you graduate.
Which is why I'm withdrawing my application. Thanks for the heads up. You can leave now knowing you saved one life at least.
Make that two people.
I shall not apply to dental school!
.
Last edited:
So what should we do if we want to aspire to bigger and better things. I really want a nice income and that's the only way I see it happening
If you are going to spend $500,000+ then I bet you can create a business that will make you a much bigger income than dentistry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm actually gonna be around $185,000 in debt. But thanks.
Are you finished?
Are you finished?
Are you????
Full time internet troll? Though I believe that field is saturated too.....
lololol
Full time internet troll? Though I believe that field is saturated too.....
You can do what you want and you will. Just don't come back 5-10 years from now saying that nobody told you.
Maybe if you spent more time working and less time trolling students you could make some money and not be so miserable. Go away already, you suck, no one likes you here just like in your real life. Bye
Are you????
I've been out for over a decade.
Don't go to Clown School they said..
Are you finished?
,
Last edited:
It doesn't take finishing 4 years of school to know what debt you'll graduate with. Some people have scholarships or money saved up. Crazy, huh?Are you finished?
I've been out for over a decade.
Actually I was asking you are finished trolling dental students. Youre pathetic, go away you old worthless fart.
Maybe if you spent more time working and less time trolling students you could make some money and not be so miserable. Go away already, you suck, no one likes you here just like in your real life. Bye
Ouch. The anger is real.
Just got in two days ago to my state school. Right now tuition and fees are 33k per year. Even with cost of living and increases in tuition over the next four years, I'm still gonna graduate with half of the number you're attempting to scare us with, before interest of course.
Like a BOSS!
It doesn't take finishing 4 years of school to know what debt you'll graduate with. Some people have scholarships or money saved up. Crazy, huh?
When I was in school my tuition doubled from 1st year of dental school to 4th year and I went to a state school.
Maybe if you spent more time working and less time trolling students you could make some money and not be so miserable. Go away already, you suck, no one likes you here just like in your real life. Bye
Don't get mad at the messenger. I'm trying to help you.
The anger is absolutely real. Some washed up retired dentist has nothing better to do with his time than sit around all day bashing dental students. Dude is a loser.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's bad now, will only be worse when you graduate.
Yeah, practicing dentists said the same in the '70s and early '80s. That didn't stop dentists from doing quite well for themselves for 20 years which followed.
You have made your point. you can F off nowDon't get mad at the messenger. I'm trying to help you.
Do schools let you pay for four years tuition up front?When I was in school my tuition doubled from 1st year of dental school to 4th year and I went to a state school.
Don't get me started on that interest! It's criminal what they are doing.Just got in two days ago to my state school. Right now tuition and fees are 33k per year. Even with cost of living and increases in tuition over the next four years, I'm still gonna graduate with half of the number you're attempting to scare us with, before interest of course.
.
Last edited:
Go away you worthless old fartDon't get me started on that interest! It's criminal what they are doing.
.
Last edited:
Nice.You have made your point. you can F off now
Unless you have someone else pay for it.
If that happens now with how expensive most schools already are, I'll agree with you. For now, nah. Did you wake up this morning and catch a glimpse of your neighbor's lawn or something? Must have been nice and green!When I was in school my tuition doubled from 1st year of dental school to 4th year and I went to a state school.
Go away you worthless old fart
Ever heard of the ignore button?
Bye. No one wants you here. Delete your account. Enjoy retirement. Get a hobby.Nice.
Youre miserable, we get it. You made your point.Every heard of the ignore button?
YOU ARE AN ANIMAL
If that happens now with how expensive most schools already are, I'll agree with you. For now, nah. Did you wake up this morning and catch a nice glimpse of your neighbor's lawn or something? Must have been nice and green!
No. We were having a discussion about it on the professional board this morning after hearing about more schools opening and dental students just graduating. If you don't believe me just sign up for Dentaltown and read some of the experiences of the new grads.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish!Do schools let you pay for four years tuition up front?
Yeah my interviewer at UCLA, who must have been pushing 80, was telling me how him and his colleagues used to think they were going to see the end of dentistry as well.Yeah, practicing dentists said the same in the '70s and early '80s. That didn't stop dentists from doing quite well for themselves for 20 years which followed.
Just because @Firm is saying something you don't like, doesn't give anyone free-reign to unleash a torrent of ad hominems... Certainly some of what Firm is saying is true. The interest on student loans IS criminal, and I hope that will be a factor in electing the next president.
@Firm , I'm sure you mean well, but considering that many people here worked their butts off throughout college and received an acceptance that they'd been working hard for less than 72 hours ago, most people may not be in a receptive mood to your information. The main problem here is the timing of this post, not the content. Still, thank you for taking the time to come on here and put this information up.
FWIW, I agree, that 500K in loans is a VERY big burden, and I personally will not go to dental school if I have that much in loans. I've said it on these forums before, and I'll say it again. My personal max limit on student loans is set at $250K.
FWIW, I agree, that 500K in loans is a VERY big burden, and I personally will not go to dental school if I have that much in loans. I've said it on these forums before, and I'll say it again. My personal max limit on student loans is set at $250K.
.
Last edited:
