Don't Let Carib Admissions Staff Fool You

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SkipJunior

I'm Your Butler
Account on Hold
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A distinguished member of SDN, @J Senpai recently informed me that Carib admissions committee members are allowed to come to his American university and brainwash the minds of pre-meds into joining a Caribbean medical school.

@J Senpai wrote in another thread:

"My school invites admissions committee members from the Caribbean to spread their propaganda to our misinformed premeds. Multiple levels of misinformation."

I was shocked to say the least. I can only imagine that several other universities in the USA are allowing Carib admissions staff to enter their campus and fool and swindle the naive pre-meds.

Here are some common things Carib adcoms say to fool pre-meds:

"It's very simple. Spend two years in the island taking classes, then do 2 years of clinical rotations in the US, take the USMLE exams in between and you will become a doctor, no problem."

"90% of our graduates match into a US residency and most of the remaining 10% match the following year"

"Imagine studying for medicine in a relaxing tropical environment. You will have the opportunity to visit the beach, snorkel, surf, and enjoy many other vacation activities while you study in the islands"

"You don't have to worry about the quality of our medical education. We are WHO certified, we are in the IMED directory for FAIMER. We are Avicenna certified. We have an official government charter from (Grenada, St. Kitts, St, Vincent, St. Maarten etc.) island. Our graduates are eligible for ECFMG certification and can participate in the NRMP. No worries"

"Why wait 2-3 years to join medical school when you can pursue your dreams and start in 1 month! We have three enrollment periods, in January, May, and September of every year."

"yes your stats are low (to the applicant with a 2.7 gpa and 18 mcat) but we can make an exception for you and let you come. Why don't you take the medical foundations/mph program first (with the accompanying $50,000 tuition) and then you can automatically start the MD program. No problem."

Make no mistake, American and Canadian pre-meds are the bread and butter of these despicable Carib medical schools. Even if they are not allowed to visit the campus, their admissions staff will make annual tours of all the major US cities and will hold presentations at hotels. Presentations to lure in American pre-meds.

American pre-meds are the back-bone of our medical system too and so we should be worried about this and do our best to stop these Carib adcoms from fooling our fellow Americans and Canadians.

I hope many American and Canadian pre-meds will read this thread. Please feel free to ask questions. If the Carib adcoms are Superman, then I'm their kryptonite.

The reason I'm posting here and not the Carib forum is because the Carib forum is full of Carib grads and current Carib students who will do their best to subvert the message of this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
lol I don't think my school would even allow Carribean Admissions to speak here.

Reactions: 1 users
lol I don't think my school would even allow Carribean Admissions to speak here.

I wish all schools were like yours, the world would be a better place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, but I do agree. There needs to be way more awareness.

Reactions: 1 user
I go to an Ivy and the pre-med clubs have guest carib speakers every year lol.

I go to an Ivy and the pre-med clubs have guest carib speakers every year lol.
:O Does your premed club want a high acceptance rate? lol

Lol. Elite schools would never bring in these people. Maybe low tier colleges or something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So who is going to go to one of these meetings and troll them with the real stats?

Reactions: 6 users
Everyone at my school was obsessed wih going to a top 20 meds school. I can't even imagine anyone even thinking about going to one of these schools

So who is going to go to one of these meetings and troll them with the real stats?

My school has this guy come every year. I troll the **** out of him. Its a big 4 school atleast.

I love his tagline. There are many roads to becoming a doctor and then he draws a straight line. Then he draws a curved line and says see you end up up at the same spot.

He also says to be compotetive for admission the admission committee really wants a 3.0 /20. He interviews for them.

Also skip. This is probably a better in the carribean school forum

Last edited:
My school has this guy come every year. I troll the **** out of him. Its a big 4 school atleast.

I love his tagline. There are many roads to becoming a doctor and then he draws a start line. Then he draws a curved line and says see you end up up at the same spot.

He also says to be compotetive for admission the admission committee really wants a 3.0 /20. He interviews for them.

Also skip. This is probably a better in the carribean school forum

I disagree. Imagine how skip intro or any of his carib buddies will react to this thread? They will do everything possible to subvert the message and put carib schools in a positive light.

Plus, my goal with this thread is to reach American and Canadian pre-meds, especially since some of them are being brainwashed by Carib admissions officers. Therefore, I don't see anything wrong in posting in the pre-med allo forum.

I disagree. Imagine how skip intro or any of his carib buddies will react to this thread? They will do everything possible to subvert the message and put carib schools in a positive light.

Plus, my goal with this thread is to reach American and Canadian pre-meds, especially since some of them are being brainwashed by Carib admissions officers. Therefore, I don't see anything wrong in posting in the pre-med allo forum.

The carribean forum is where the people who are actually interested in the carribean go.

I think it belongs here AND caribbean for both reasons that you two have posted.

wouldn't be a terrible idea to start in the DO forum too since typically DO applicants have lower GPA/MCAT (overall) and thus are typically more likely to be intrigued by the Caribbean ideology

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it belongs here AND caribbean for both reasons that you two have posted.

wouldn't be a terrible idea to start in the DO forum too since typically DO applicants have lower GPA/MCAT (overall) and thus are typically more likely to be intrigued by the Caribbean ideology

You bring up some excellent points. I would love to post in the DO and carib forum but I will be breaking TOS then through crossposting :(

:O Does your premed club want a high acceptance rate? lol

I dont get it either. They probably want to appear diverse, but they don't really know what they're doing. They had a podiatry speaker two days ago. The surprising thing is that they never invite DO speakers, even though that's a viable route.

Most kids at my school are ridiculously smart though, so carib probably isn't even an option.

A distinguished member of SDN, @J Senpai recently informed me that Carib admissions committee members are allowed to come to his American university and brainwash the minds of pre-meds into joining a Caribbean medical school.

@J Senpai wrote in another thread:

"My school invites admissions committee members from the Caribbean to spread their propaganda to our misinformed premeds. Multiple levels of misinformation."

I was shocked to say the least. I can only imagine that several other universities in the USA are allowing Carib admissions staff to enter their campus and fool and swindle the naive pre-meds.

Here are some common things Carib adcoms say to fool pre-meds:

"It's very simple. Spend two years in the island taking classes, then do 2 years of clinical rotations in the US, take the USMLE exams in between and you will become a doctor, no problem."

"90% of our graduates match into a US residency and most of the remaining 10% match the following year"

"Imagine studying for medicine in a relaxing tropical environment. You will have the opportunity to visit the beach, snorkel, surf, and enjoy many other vacation activities while you study in the islands"

"You don't have to worry about the quality of our medical education. We are WHO certified, we are in the IMED directory for FAIMER. We are Avicenna certified. We have an official government charter from (Grenada, St. Kitts, St, Vincent, St. Maarten etc.) island. Our graduates are eligible for ECFMG certification and can participate in the NRMP. No worries"

"Why wait 2-3 years to join medical school when you can pursue your dreams and start in 1 month! We have three enrollment periods, in January, May, and September of every year."

"yes your stats are low (to the applicant with a 2.7 gpa and 18 mcat) but we can make an exception for you and let you come. Why don't you take the medical foundations/mph program first (with the accompanying $50,000 tuition) and then you can automatically start the MD program. No problem."

Make no mistake, American and Canadian pre-meds are the bread and butter of these despicable Carib medical schools. Even if they are not allowed to visit the campus, their admissions staff will make annual tours of all the major US cities and will hold presentations at hotels. Presentations to lure in American pre-meds.

American pre-meds are the back-bone of our medical system too and so we should be worried about this and do our best to stop these Carib adcoms from fooling our fellow Americans and Canadians.

I hope many American and Canadian pre-meds will read this thread. Please feel free to ask questions. If the Carib adcoms are Superman, then I'm their kryptonite.

The reason I'm posting here and not the Carib forum is because the Carib forum is full of Carib grads and current Carib students who will do their best to subvert the message of this thread.
Idk what your problem is. You not being successful doesn't mean everyone else will. Mind your own business and live your life how you want to live it. I am by no means a Caribbean student or affiliated with any but stop being a sorry excuse for your failure. I have been monitoring you closely and you seem to have issues

Idk what your problem is. You not being successful doesn't mean everyone else will. Mind your own business and live your life how you want to live it. I am by no means a Caribbean student or affiliated with any but stop being a sorry excuse for your failure. I have been monitoring you closely and you seem to have issues

Okay. Yes I am a "failure" in many ways and I admit it. Yet, I would much rather have lived and failed than to have not lived at all due to the fear of failure.

What are you implying with your post? That the Caribbean is a good option? Sure people do match into residencies from the Caribbean but that doesn't make it a good option.

I find it hard to believe that you are not affiliated with a Carib med school in some way.

Reactions: 2 users
Can we please ban this guy, this is starting to get really obnoxious.

ban me? for what?

I'm surprised that you aren't shocked by the fact that Carib adcoms are brainwashing pre-meds at American universities.

ban me? for what?

I'm surprised that you aren't shocked by the fact that Carib adcoms are brainwashing pre-meds at American universities.

People can think for themselves and do research. I'd be curious to see how many people regret going to Carib schools and how many made choices not knowing the risks. This is probably the wrong forum as peeps here are not interested in going to Carib schools.

ban me? for what?

You might rub some people the wrong way with the style of your posts, that's all. Personally, I enjoy reading what you write. You add a little flare to SDN.

Reactions: 2 users
People can think for themselves and do research. I'd be curious to see how many people regret going to Carib schools and how many made choices not knowing the risks. This is probably the wrong forum as peeps here are not interested in going to Carib schools.

I agree that the majority is not interested but my goal is to target the minority that's on the fence and may still be interested in the Caribbean. Plus this is a popular pre-med forum where the main audience are American and Canadian pre-meds, those are my target population for my message.

As for the people who find it irritating that I'm giving advice since they can do their own research, they are welcome to not read and/or respond to this thread.

I agree that the majority is not interested but my goal is to target the minority that's on the fence and may still be interested in the Caribbean. Plus this is a popular pre-med forum where the main audience are American and Canadian pre-meds, those are my target population for my message.

As for the people who find it irritating that I'm giving advice since they can do their own research, they are welcome to not read and/or respond to this thread.

Do you have statistics or evidence to refute each of the quotes in your OP?

I'm not disagreeing with you or siding with Caribbean schools. I just think evidence/statistics would make this thread more meaningful.

And I was kind of expecting you to add statistics or evidence because you said:

Here are some common things Carib adcoms say to fool pre-meds: . . . .

But you didn't include any statement of whether the quotes were true or not.

Do you have statistics or evidence to refute each of the quotes in your OP?

I'm not disagreeing with you or siding with Caribbean schools. I just think evidence/statistics would make this thread more meaningful.

And I was kind of expecting you to add statistics or evidence because you said:

But you didn't include any statement of whether the quotes were true or not.

Yes I can include evidence/statistics but that will make it too boring. I want to make this thread more interactive and I request the readers to post any stats or evidence they find to refute the quotes by Carib adcoms that I posted earlier.

I will start

http://www.ecfmg.org/news/2014/04/03/img-performance-2014-match/#sthash.Id3J8pNv.G8wPg0R5.dpbs

A link to the ECFMG site which states that in the 2014 match, only about 50% of international medical grads matched into a US residency.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie. All those tag lines sound very enticing lol.

Also, for people don't know, a school that is listed in the World Health Organization or the International Medical Education Directory has not gone through any kind of evaluation to achieve those listings. Any school that has a charter with the government of their island can be listed in WHO or IMED and procuring a charter is not hard either.

So if a Carib school states that they are listed in WHO or IMED, know that it doesn't mean the school offers quality medical education.
The other quotes are pretty self explanatory.

Yes I can include evidence/statistics but that will make it too boring.

Well, when you take a strong position for or against something but don't include evidence, you lose a lot of credibility. If you're going to say that X is bad, as a rule of thumb, you should also provide evidence to prove your point.

Idk, maybe I'm just being picky, but I always get really annoyed when people try to argue against something without data/statistics/facts.

http://www.ecfmg.org/news/2014/04/03/img-performance-2014-match/#sthash.Id3J8pNv.G8wPg0R5.dpbs

A link to the ECFMG site which states that in the 2014 match, only about 50% of international medical grads matched into a US residency.

Thanks, this is exactly what I had in mind.

Well, when you don't include evidence but take a strong position for or against something, you lose a lot of credibility. If you're going to say that X is bad, as a rule of thumb, you should also provide evidence to prove your point.

Idk, maybe I'm just being picky, but I always get really annoyed when people try to argue against something without data/statistics/facts.

Thanks, this is exactly what I had in mind.

Fair point. I'm glad I included the stats then.

You might rub some people the wrong way with the style of your posts, that's all. Personally, I enjoy reading what you write. You add a little flare to SDN.

He's a broken record. It's amazing that someone has so many posts in such a short time saying so little.

Yes I can include evidence/statistics but that will make it too boring. I want to make this thread more interactive and I request the readers to post any stats or evidence they find to refute the quotes by Carib adcoms that I posted earlier.

I will start

Note: I totally agree that one should avoid the Caribbean schools at all costs.
However to be fair, that's the "overall match rate" which is 50%. which is brought down because of the crappy medical schools. Can you find me a statistic that shows the percentage of
the big 4 ?

However to be fair, that's the "overall match rate" which is 50%. which is brought down because of the crappy medical schools. Can you find me a statistic that shows the percentage of
the big 4 ?

I agree with you. The percentage matching for the big 4 schools will be higher though still a lot lower than that of US MD/DO students matching. Hard to find an objective source for the matching percentage of the Big 4 schools since the schools themselves are very biased and can't be trusted.

I have communicated with several Big 4 students though and they told me matching percentage for SGU was above 70% and and the matching percentage of the rest of the big 4 schools is above 60%. Keep in mind though that this is percentage of graduates. All Big 4 schools have high attrition rates.

Okay, broken records are cool then, but I got his point after first 5 threads.

The pre-med club at my undergrad would let Carib school reps present. Not because we were interested in the Carib, but because they brought free pizza.

No one pays attention to what would happen to them if they get sick while in med school in the carribbean.

There was a case recently where family sued bc the kid was admitted. ..

No one pays attention to what would happen to them if they get sick while in med school in the carribbean.

There was a case recently where family sued bc the kid was admitted. ..

What happens if you get sick in a carrib med school? They boot you out?

the big 4 ?
It's not hard to find if you know what you're looking for.

Exhibit A: Charting outcomes in the match for FMGs
http://www.ecfmg.org/resources/NRMP...atch-International-Medical-Graduates-2014.pdf

See Chart 15 page 22

Of all US Citizen applicants who went to medical school on Grenada (where SGU is located), 534 matched and 258 did not
Dominica (Ross) 532 matched and 438 did not
Saba: 45 matched and 33 did not
St Martin (AUC): 189 matched and 120 did not

Now, I think a couple of these islands have a small med school as well, but the vast, vast majority of those grads are the "big four" ones. You can calculate the percentages yourself. No matter how you slice it, not so good.

This is a good message with credibility, but you're posting it on SDN. It isn't going to do much good here. Post fliers at your college campus.

Lol. Elite schools would never bring in these people. Maybe low tier colleges or something like that.

Not accurate. Big 4 schools (especially SGU) go to major and high tier universities all over the east coast. I've been to a number of schools and seen fliers all over for SGU info sessions.

OP, did you reapply on ERAS?

Not accurate. Big 4 schools (especially SGU) go to major and high tier universities all over the east coast. I've been to a number of schools and seen fliers all over for SGU info sessions.

OP, did you reapply on ERAS?
Looks like OP's account is on hold.

People can think for themselves and do research. I'd be curious to see how many people regret going to Carib schools and how many made choices not knowing the risks.
People can think themselves but a lot of time they don't. That's why we have the post "funny quote from less informed premeds". We can't let Carribeans money thirsty schools prey on the premed using their ultra sharpened panhandling skills, sit back hoping none of them are affected. It's like allowing a pharm company to falsely advertise a drug that's proven to be non effective and hoping the audience will google scholar to read the evidence against the claim made the pharm company. Premeds who are not the greatest critical thinkers and who didn't do well academically are especially vulnerable to the marketing of the Carrrinean schools. But they are the ones who have the high risk of dripping out and wasting crap tons of money in the end.
My point being, if we know someone goes around saying false things and does harm, then the least we can do is to.not inviting them to university campus

Edit: spelling and grammar. Due to iPhone app issue. I can't see the line that I am typing so lots of error.

Last edited:
Looks like OP's account is on hold.

Hm, oh well. To elaborate on what I said earlier, they go to places with big pre-med populations (high and low tier, it doesn't matter). I went to a highly rated undergrad university, but it had like 60 pre-med students at most per year, so we had no medical schools coming to us except for the 1 US MD that we shunted like 1/4 of our students to (adcom members were alumni), but other big name undergrad schools that I visited had a ton of info sessions - including Carib ones.

You guys want to hear a joke?...

... Caribbean med schools.

My school has a pre-med club, so I went to their introductory meeting my sophomore year. Yes, you already know what I'm gonna say, it was a Caribbean speaker...

Needless to say I never came back to the club.

@SkipJunior , thank you for starting this thread. I hope the pre-meds reading this thread are more wary now and warn their colleagues about the Carib presentations at their school.

This guy is all over the carib MD forum he failed out or got rejected from a carib school so he goes around different forums lying and crying about carib schools