The Republic of Texas XLII: You Don't Just Move Into Texas, It Moves Into You

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any UH matches??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
did anyone not match and still get a transcript email? congrats to everyone that matched! 💖

Members don't see this ad :)
Does accepting the offer from our match mean we must withdraw from non-TMDSAS schools? Or does it just mean that we're able to confirm our spot in the class.

Reactions: 1 user
Crying about all my new McGovern 2028 friends 😭😭😭

I LOVE YOU AND EVERYONE!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
No match, no OOS II :/
Feeling super dejected right now, was really hoping the work I've done the past 4 years and 3.9 SMP/519 was enough to carry my undergrad.
Fingers crossed on waitlist movements from the 2 interviews but not counting on it.
Just gotta pick myself back up over the weekend, get started working on next cycle and hope that the scribing/research this year is enough to push me over next time

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
Feeling super dejected right now, was really hoping the work I've done the past 4 years and 3.9 SMP/519 was enough to carry my undergrad.
Fingers crossed on waitlist movements from the 2 interviews but not counting on it.
Just gotta pick myself back up over the weekend, get started working on next cycle and hope that the scribing/research this year is enough to push me over next time
You are a champion. Proud of you for continuing on❤️ I hope the WL pans out

I just want to say I am so proud of everyone. This process is so difficult and unpredicatable and I work with a few very hard working people who didn't get good news today and I don't think it's because they're unqualified. Y'all got this, never give up.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Please do not feel dejected about anything. Everything works out for good at the end of the day. Trust me, someday you will look at this situation and use it to motivate yourself. This is my second time applying as well and I have just made peace with myself that the story has not ended unless I give up. Just keep having faith and holding on. Every one of us is here today because we have not given up.

This is just a step stone for what’s ahead. Stay strong!!! I also did not prematch but I’m at peace, knowing that one day it will happen and just taking opportunities of what I have in the moment.

• Care
Is it recommended to send a letter of intent to schools we’re WL for (once they’ve let us know we are on WL obviously)?

Matched Texas tech Lubbock! Huge congrats to everyone and thank you to my SDN family! To everyone who hasn’t matched- hang in there, I believe in you! Much love to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Proud of everyone on this forum whether you matched or not. To even get to the point where you submit your application is an enormous milestone in this journey let alone receiving an interview!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Matched Texas tech Lubbock! Huge congrats to everyone and thank you to my SDN family! To everyone who hasn’t matched- hang in there, I believe in you! Much love to everyone!

future classmate, wass up!!

Reactions: 1 users
McGovern (my #1 with LOI) already let me know that I will not be offered a waitlist position 😂😂
Guess I don't have to sit around waiting... UTMB here I come hahah

Reactions: 2 users
McGovern (my #1 with LOI) already let me know that I will not be offered a waitlist position 😂😂
Guess I don't have to sit around waiting... UTMB here I come hahah
Wait what? I’m sorry to hear that! They sent you a rejection today?

Wait what? I’m sorry to hear that! They sent you a rejection today?
Haha they did. Not a traditional post-ii rejection but they explicitly let me know that I wouldn't be offered a waitlist position.

Haha they did. Not a traditional rejection but they explicitly let me know that I wouldn't be offered a waitlist position.
I didn’t know they did that. But respectable so they don’t have people on edge for longer. Best of luck at utmb!! Sounds like a great program full of cool ppl

I didn’t know they did that. But respectable so they don’t have people on edge for longer. Best of luck at utmb!! Sounds like a great program full of cool ppl
I didn't either tbh ahha, but yeah I'm kinda thankful that I can just process that it's not a possibility and put my focus into my match school. Thank you so much!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
They mentioned on the tour day that all interviewed applicants would be waitlisted if they didn't match, so that is surprising

1000019844.jpg

For those curious, this is what I received.

• Care
Sorry if this is dumb. But I matched to my #2 this morning, then got off the waitlist to my #1 a few hours later. Is it okay if I accept both and hold 2 seats for right now? I plan to withdraw the one I’m not going to soon but just wanted to make sure. Just feeling in shock rn

• Love
Sorry if this is dumb. But I matched to my #2 this morning, then got off the waitlist to my #1 a few hours later. Is it okay if I accept both and hold 2 seats for right now? I plan to withdraw the one I’m not going to soon but just wanted to make sure. Just feeling in shock rn
Waitlist acceptance the same day as match day, holy congrats!! Do you mind me asking what your #1 school was?

You are supposed to withdraw from your match school once you have everything settled with the waitlist school. You shouldnt withdraw until you are satisified everything is in order.

Yes @astridase11 you can temporarily hold the 2 spots while you talk & decide.

matched to my #1 but still got an email for a waitlist spot at my #4 (mcgovern). anyhow, i declined it so hopefully this’ll move someone else up!

• Wow
matched to my #1 but still got an email for a waitlist spot at my #4 (mcgovern). anyhow, i declined it so hopefully this’ll move someone else up!

I thought people who match to their #1 are automatically withdrawn. If not, that immensely impacts WL movement.

Waitlist acceptance the same day as match day, holy congrats!! Do you mind me asking what your #1 school was?
Thank you so much!! Not at all! My #1 school was TCOM. I matched to my #2 SHSU this morning before getting off the waitlist. They were my only two interviews though so I’m in shock and just so thankful 🥹

IMG_7920.jpeg

It should work like that. I got this email from SHSU saying my app was withdrawn since I matched higher

Reactions: 10 users
Huh this is interesting.
A few of you are getting WL invitations from schools that should have dropped off your radar because you have matched to a school you had ranked higher.

If this happens to you, send off a quick email to that school declining to be on the WL.
I’ve seen this today from some of y’all mainly from Tyler & McGovern.
Any other culprits?

For sure. If you matched to your preferred program or matched to school that is higher than other schools, please withdraw from the lower ranked schools on your list, so that waitlist spots may open up. If you, for whatever reason, matched to a school in taxes, but will not be attending a school in Texas, please withdraw so that other individuals may attend a Texas school. I say that not as anyone in charge of admissions or whatever, but as a person who had those admission options and opened up some waitlist spots for people last year. It’s more out of courtesy.

A few of you are getting WL invitations from schools that should have dropped off your radar because you have matched to a school you had ranked higher.

If this happens to you, send off a quick email to that school declining to be on the WL.
I’ve seen this today from some of y’all mainly from Tyler & McGovern.
Any other culprits?
Already did this with UT TYLER as soon as I got the email, out of courtesy…

Yall are awesome. Let’s get our WL’ers moving into their seats ASAP!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
To my friends who didn’t match, please take something from this.

I understand how you feel. I know that some person’s words on an online forum isn’t
going to magically change your feelings. I know that nothing I can do will change your outcome. But… I can tell you that my heart breaks for you. My roommate didn’t match and it had been so hard to hear that. He is absolutely brilliant. But, I told him “you can either let this moment define you or you can define this moment.”

The truth is, this will not be the only time in your life you’ll get rejected or get told no or whatever it may be. I get it, this is a big one, but this isn’t the only one. Spoiler alert: your life is way more valuable than what an admissions committee says. You are so unique and so much more than a yes or a no.

Life has its hiccups. Man, I had a 503 MCAT the SECOND time I took it. I was told by a dean of admissions (at a Texas school) I should go into a masters program. I used it as fuel. Use this as your fuel. Chase your dream and don’t look back.

Thank the people who have been there with you. Tell them you tried your hardest and I know they’ll be proud of you. I’m proud of you! Keep chasing your dream, because one day, I’ll be calling you a fellow doctor.

Love y’all. Keep your head up.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Thank you so much!! Not at all! My #1 school was TCOM. I matched to my #2 SHSU this morning before getting off the waitlist. They were my only two interviews though so I’m in shock and just so thankful 🥹
Congrats!! You’re gonna be an amazing doctor

I agree with the above! I didn’t match and was WL on match day. Didn’t change much about my app and got 2 As this year. Sometimes it’s just not your year. I get the urge to intellectualize it because it’s easier if you can find where it went wrong, but it’s not always on par with why you didn’t make it this time. Stay encouraged!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
To my friends who didn’t match, please take something from this.

I understand how you feel. I know that some person’s words on an online forum isn’t
going to magically change your feelings. I know that nothing I can do will change your outcome. But… I can tell you that my heart breaks for you. My roommate didn’t match and it had been so hard to hear that. He is absolutely brilliant. But, I told him “you can either let this moment define you or you can define this moment.”

The truth is, this will not be the only time in your life you’ll get rejected or get told no or whatever it may be. I get it, this is a big one, but this isn’t the only one. Spoiler alert: your life is way more valuable than what an admissions committee says. You are so unique and so much more than a yes or a no.

Life has its hiccups. Man, I had a 503 MCAT the SECOND time I took it. I was told by a dean of admissions (at a Texas school) I should go into a masters program. I used it as fuel. Use this as your fuel. Chase your dream and don’t look back.

Thank the people who have been there with you. Tell them you tried your hardest and I know they’ll be proud of you. I’m proud of you! Keep chasing your dream, because one day, I’ll be calling you a fellow doctor.

Love y’all. Keep your head up.
Very well said ❤️

Did anyone get waitlisted for UT Southwestern??Have you received an email??