DO's applying to Urology Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelley201

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see how DO's are doing in applying for urology residencies.

Members don't see this ad.

im curious myself. I will be applying next year and I expect it will be tough especially at programs in which there is only 1 opening.But if you rotate and get some decent LOR's and do well on the boards then you have just as good a shot as the next person.I will be prepared also if it doesnt workout so I will applying also to Gen. Surg as well.

If are any DO's out there applying this year they should post where they are interviewing and let us know how things are going

Good luck to all

nebel - can i ask which programs you are applying to? i was under the impression that most of the osteopathic uro programs were taking students after internship+1year surgery? or are you applying to allopathic programs? thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
hey ratch..im not applying this year because im MS3. but beginning in the summer when the ERAS opens up again i will probably apply to Allo Uro and Allo surg as back up. next year hopefully something good will happen

how bout you? where are you applying to?

NebelDO said:
hey ratch..im not applying this year because im MS3. but beginning in the summer when the ERAS opens up again i will probably apply to Allo Uro and Allo surg as back up. next year hopefully something good will happen

how bout you? where are you applying to?

still in my second year but quite interested in uro - grades are good enough to get in but boards are still to come. my base hospital for my clinical rotations has one of the few osteo residencies, and i attend MSU so its a bit of an in considering we 'sponsor' the bulk of the residency programs. not 100% sure its what i want, but i am doing my best to set myself up for it currently. only drawback i am seeing right now is that most of the DO Uro programs accept people after a year or surgery, and i am not too keen on the idea of not having a guaranteed placement coming out of school, because i am pretty sure straight surgery is not what i am interested in; although i have spoken with the program director that runs the program here in lansing about it. its just a tough battle to fight right now...