Doubt regarding Ortho application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nani1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a FTD who is about to finish a 2-year IDP program with a DDS degree from one of the schools here in US. So, if I plan to apply for Ortho residency programs do schools consider me as an International student or a regular student (since I would be getting a DDS)who needs visa sponsorship? In other words, for admissions into residencies do all the students who need a visa sponsorship be automatically considered as an international student regardless of a DDS degree?

PS: I'm on a student visa.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe there is an international dentistry forum where you should be asking this questions. Very few of us have passed through your situation. I imagine it will depend on the school but I imagine you will most likely still be considered an international student because you need a visa, which means you are not a citizen. But who knows. Maybe you would be better off contacting each school's admissions department and ask them how you should apply due to your circumstances.

Reactions: 1 user