DPT applying for DO program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dpttodo

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a currently practicing PT, for past 7-8 years. Due to numerous restrictions on what I can do for my patient clinically, I came across an idea of applying for DO program. I had finished my bio degree which was designed for pre-med students, so I did complete all required pre-reqs, but this was more than 12 years ago. I am trying to see how I can even begin studying for MCAT, but not really clear where to even begin. Does anyone have any good suggested study plan? I will basically have to re-study all the subjects that are listed for MCAT.
 
So I tried replying to this yesterday but not sure where my message went... I am practicing PT as well hopefully applying this year, I get my mcat back in two weeks. My prereqs were also old from 2003-07 ish, graduating from PT school in 2012.. I would recommend a test prep course, Next Step is good because they give you books and all the AAMC material. The test is a mile wide and an inch deep, a lot of content needs to be learned but most importantly you need know HOW to take the test.. When do you plan to take the MCAT? or apply? I studied for about 6 months with kaplan books and my scores improved but honestly I really needed 3 more months to learn the material thoroughly...
 
So I tried replying to this yesterday but not sure where my message went... I am practicing PT as well hopefully applying this year, I get my mcat back in two weeks. My prereqs were also old from 2003-07 ish, graduating from PT school in 2012.. I would recommend a test prep course, Next Step is good because they give you books and all the AAMC material. The test is a mile wide and an inch deep, a lot of content needs to be learned but most importantly you need know HOW to take the test.. When do you plan to take the MCAT? or apply? I studied for about 6 months with kaplan books and my scores improved but honestly I really needed 3 more months to learn the material thoroughly...
For now, I am planning on taking my first MCAT on end of July 2019. If my score is high enough, I will consider applying for class 2020; if not, I will see if it is anywhere close to somewhere I can raise little bit by September of that same year, otherwise I will try again following year and apply for 2021. As of now, my goal is to study thoroughly each subject roughly 6 weeks each and focus on test taking until end of July which will give me about 4 months for me to focus on tests. I haven't even started reading anything, so Im not even sure if this is a realistic plan or not.
 
I'm a currently practicing PT, for past 7-8 years. Due to numerous restrictions on what I can do for my patient clinically, I came across an idea of applying for DO program. I had finished my bio degree which was designed for pre-med students, so I did complete all required pre-reqs, but this was more than 12 years ago. I am trying to see how I can even begin studying for MCAT, but not really clear where to even begin. Does anyone have any good suggested study plan? I will basically have to re-study all the subjects that are listed for MCAT.
I suggest a post-bac program for career changers. This will get you up to speed for the MCAT.