DPT applying for DO program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpttodo

Reaction score
I'm a currently practicing PT, for past 7-8 years. Due to numerous restrictions on what I can do for my patient clinically, I came across an idea of applying for DO program. I had finished my bio degree which was designed for pre-med students, so I did complete all required pre-reqs, but this was more than 12 years ago. I am trying to see how I can even begin studying for MCAT, but not really clear where to even begin. Does anyone have any good suggested study plan? I will basically have to re-study all the subjects that are listed for MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

So I tried replying to this yesterday but not sure where my message went... I am practicing PT as well hopefully applying this year, I get my mcat back in two weeks. My prereqs were also old from 2003-07 ish, graduating from PT school in 2012.. I would recommend a test prep course, Next Step is good because they give you books and all the AAMC material. The test is a mile wide and an inch deep, a lot of content needs to be learned but most importantly you need know HOW to take the test.. When do you plan to take the MCAT? or apply? I studied for about 6 months with kaplan books and my scores improved but honestly I really needed 3 more months to learn the material thoroughly...

So I tried replying to this yesterday but not sure where my message went... I am practicing PT as well hopefully applying this year, I get my mcat back in two weeks. My prereqs were also old from 2003-07 ish, graduating from PT school in 2012.. I would recommend a test prep course, Next Step is good because they give you books and all the AAMC material. The test is a mile wide and an inch deep, a lot of content needs to be learned but most importantly you need know HOW to take the test.. When do you plan to take the MCAT? or apply? I studied for about 6 months with kaplan books and my scores improved but honestly I really needed 3 more months to learn the material thoroughly...
For now, I am planning on taking my first MCAT on end of July 2019. If my score is high enough, I will consider applying for class 2020; if not, I will see if it is anywhere close to somewhere I can raise little bit by September of that same year, otherwise I will try again following year and apply for 2021. As of now, my goal is to study thoroughly each subject roughly 6 weeks each and focus on test taking until end of July which will give me about 4 months for me to focus on tests. I haven't even started reading anything, so Im not even sure if this is a realistic plan or not.

I'm a currently practicing PT, for past 7-8 years. Due to numerous restrictions on what I can do for my patient clinically, I came across an idea of applying for DO program. I had finished my bio degree which was designed for pre-med students, so I did complete all required pre-reqs, but this was more than 12 years ago. I am trying to see how I can even begin studying for MCAT, but not really clear where to even begin. Does anyone have any good suggested study plan? I will basically have to re-study all the subjects that are listed for MCAT.
I suggest a post-bac program for career changers. This will get you up to speed for the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user