This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Texas state is supposed to be sending interview invites around november 15 or so.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What campus did you get an interview to? Congrats!
& there’s an intro part where they introduce the program and profs, ask you to fill out some papers and what campus you prefer... then they separate you into 3 groups. One interviews, another tours and the other chills in the waiting room (well at the Odessa campus at least). The Odessa campus tour has no point to it because they’re building a new health science center right across the street that will be ready when we get there (if admitted).
The interview was so relaxed, they asked general questions. I got questions like tell me about yourself.. what’s one thing you like about PT and what you don’t like... who’s a PT who’s made an impact in your life or a patient.. a challenge you over came and how.. tell me about a time you took constructive criticism and they asked me a tough one like “you’re in your clinical rotation and the instructor yells to you across the room that you’re doing it wrong right in front of your patient. What would you do?” I feel like she loved my responses.. it was real conversational too. Ask questions!

Congrats on getting into Texas Tech! They are my number one school and I have an interview on November 17th in Amarillo. Do you have any tips? Also I was wondering about your responses, what do you think made her love them? I am very passionate about physical therapy so I am hoping that in my interview they are able to see this! Thank you for all your help!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone that went to the tech interviews know around how many people are at each interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
So my interviewer in the individual interview asked me "what would The person who is closest to you say are your strengths and weaknesses". So that kind of threw me because I don't know how that answer would differ from just "what are your strengths and weaknesses" like it seemed that they wanted a less introspective answer. But I'm probably thinking too much into it. The other questions were all typical interview questions like "what is the most important trait for a PT to have" and being asked quickly to sum up why PT is so important. No questions about vision 2020, APTA, direct access or anything like that.

The ethical questions were not very challenging at all.

How about UT Health?

Nice, thank you for the helpful info!!

And UT Health was pretty long. It had the presentation then you got split into groups for your interviews. I had an individual interview first with two clinicians: this one more about what you know about the field and why you want to do it. Txst PrePT org really prepares me for this one, all the legislative stuff going on. Then I moved on two a group interview which was like a “fun group interview”, then after that it was an academic individual review interview just asking about your classes and some simple questions. Then the last one for me was an ethical group interview. That one was really intense at times because the scenerios they give us are really complex. If you have more Q’s inbox me. And sorry for the late reply, studying for 3400 Practical #2 lol. Helppppp

Does anyone that went to the tech interviews know around how many people are at each interview?
At my interview there was like 14 ppl.

Congrats on getting into Texas Tech! They are my number one school and I have an interview on November 17th in Amarillo. Do you have any tips? Also I was wondering about your responses, what do you think made her love them? I am very passionate about physical therapy so I am hoping that in my interview they are able to see this! Thank you for all your help!
Honestly just be yourself and let your personality shine. I was real genuine in my responses and I think she saw that. I used PT volunteer/tech experiences to help convey why I’m passionate about the field and what I wanna go into (neuro), also know some stuff about APTA and what’s going on. She didn’t really ask about that but I got the point across that I know what’s going on. Also ask questions, since you’re interviewing at the Amarillo campus go on the web page and research the faculty from there.. I asked why she went into ortho and we had a convo about that. I also asked other program details.

Honestly just be yourself and let your personality shine. I was real genuine in my responses and I think she saw that. I used PT volunteer/tech experiences to help convey why I’m passionate about the field and what I wanna go into (neuro), also know some stuff about APTA and what’s going on. She didn’t really ask about that but I got the point across that I know what’s going on. Also ask questions, since you’re interviewing at the Amarillo campus go on the web page and research the faculty from there.. I asked why she went into ortho and we had a convo about that. I also asked other program details.

I was wondering what exactly we should wear for any of the interviews, specifically techs! I assume it should be business professional/casual like a pants suit for women! Do you have any suggestions??

Perfect thank you! All of those are great ideas! Thanks so much!

Got an interview to TXST!

^ same :)

Congrats!

Im going to decline to give someone else a chance, wifey has a career so i need to stay in SA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected from UNT for whatever reason :/

If y’all interview at utmb recently and didn’t get waitlisted or heard back go check your myStar account and it’ll let you know that you’re accepted. A couple of my friends who didn’t get waitlisted checked their account and it showed an acceptance offer

I was waitlisted at utmb. Interviewed Nov. 3, heard back Nov. 7. They are very fast

Guys, I'm worried. I haven't heard back from UTMB, UTEP, TWU, or Texas Tech.
Got rejected from UNT

I also was rejected from UNT, but received an interview offer from Texas State, which I'm incredibly excited for. I am nervous though that I've heard nothing from UTMB, while many have been receiving interviews, etc. If you interviewed there, did you find out about the interview via email? Any idea when they may finish up their process or if they've filled their class? Anyone know when we might hear from TWU? The wait is killing me on that one.

Got rejected form Texas State. Not surprised considering i'm out of state though.

I also was rejected from UNT, but received an interview offer from Texas State, which I'm incredibly excited for. I am nervous though that I've heard nothing from UTMB, while many have been receiving interviews, etc. If you interviewed there, did you find out about the interview via email? Any idea when they may finish up their process or if they've filled their class? Anyone know when we might hear from TWU? The wait is killing me on that one.
Congrats on Texas state! I got rejected yesterday.
I heard that TWU will be by December 15th, but probably won't hear anything until the beginning of December. So I wouldn't worry about that one yet!

I was also rejected by Texas state. I have been accepted into PT school in Missouri but I’m hoping for a place in Texas!

I found out about my UTMB interview via email a couple of days after everything was submitted. But I submitted about a month before the deadline, so it may be different with apps that are submitted after the deadline because they have more to sort through. They have not filled their class and they do have one (or potentially more) interview session in early December.

Did you interview with UNT?

Does anyone know if UTMB already filled their dpt class?

Does anyone know if UTMB already filled their dpt class?

They haven’t. They still have their last round of interviews Dec 8th (I’ll be there). They’ve accepted ppl and waitlisted ppl until their last round

They haven’t. They still have their last round of interviews Dec 8th (I’ll be there). They’ve accepted ppl and waitlisted ppl until their last round
Does that mean they're not giving out any more interviews? I never heard from them other than the link to do the supplemental application. Should I assume I'm not getting the interview?

Does anyone happen to know if this Friday is Tech's last scheduled interview date?

Does that mean they're not giving out any more interviews? I never heard from them other than the link to do the supplemental application. Should I assume I'm not getting the interview?

I would call and ask

It depends. They may hold an additional interview in January, which is what they did last year.

Does anyone happen to know if this Friday is Tech's last scheduled interview date?

I'm not sure but I know last year they interviewed until early december

Hey guys I just need like some feedback on my stats because I feel like a big pile of turd waiting for these schools and I know my stats aren't that high especially my GRE but I'm praying to get at least get an interview to one of the PT schools. Here goes:
Cumulative GPA:3.6
Preqs GPA:3.51
GRE: 138 V 145 Q and 4.0 AW
Volunteer:360 hours
Experience:1200 hours (all different settings in total)
I got some pretty great LoR's, took my essays out to the writing centers to edit them also.
Applied to: ASU, TWU, UCA, UNT, UTEP, UTMB, UTSW, Texas State, Texas Tech, and UTSA.
Rejected: UCA, UNT, UTSW, Texas State
Interviews: None
I'm starting to lose hope.. there's a pretty high chance I will not be making it this year huh?

Hey guys I just need like some feedback on my stats because I feel like a big pile of turd waiting for these schools and I know my stats aren't that high especially my GRE but I'm praying to get at least get an interview to one of the PT schools. Here goes:
I got some pretty great LoR's, took my essays out to the writing centers to edit them also.
Applied to: ASU, TWU, UCA, UNT, UTEP, UTMB, UTSW, Texas State, Texas Tech, and UTSA.
I'm starting to lose hope.. there's a pretty high chance I will not be making it this year huh?
You could probably apply to some schools that don't have any GRE requirements!

I would really consider retaking the GRE because of that verbal part if things don’t go your way this cycle. But other than that you look good with your GPAs. Call the schools that rejected you and ask what you can improve on and call the schools that haven’t gotten back to you to see where you are in the process.

Some of my buddies in PT school told me not to contact them during the application process because it tends to annoy them. So you think it's best that I go ahead and just go call them?

Some of my buddies in PT school told me not to contact them during the application process because it tends to annoy them. So you think it's best that I go ahead and just go call them?

you paid a lot of money to apply , I would want to see where I stand with schools. That’s just me. Just don’t call them more than once.

Yeah I did... I just hope I get into one school at least :(. Standarized testing is just not my thing haha. I got the short end of the stick man.. But congrats on all those acceptances though!

Question: Did ya'll get an email from UTEP about survey questions and what not? One of my buddies told me that it's some sort of an online interview thing but I dunno whether I should be hopeful or not. But fingers crosses!

Question: Did ya'll get an email from UTEP about survey questions and what not? One of my buddies told me that it's some sort of an online interview thing but I dunno whether I should be hopeful or not. But fingers crosses!
Yeah, I had to fill out that survey for UTEP. I hope that's a good sign ...

Yeah I did... I just hope I get into one school at least :(. Standarized testing is just not my thing haha. I got the short end of the stick man.. But congrats on all those acceptances though!

Believe me I hated that GRE also, I had to study a bit for it. I don’t get why they have us take that thing

I know right? It just doesn't relate to physical therapy at all haha. But yeah looks like this year my chances are slim haha. I just applied this yr cause I've heard cases of some of my coworkers getting in with either a low gpa or low gre so I was hopeful that I was fortunate like them but I guess not. :(

GRE i think for most schools is an indicator of your ability to handle a higher level standardized test (a gauge for your ability to get through the NPTE).

I agree that your GRE is the one thing that needs work. Put together a study plan and work hard for a month or so getting ready before you take it again. I used magoosh, liked it a lot

Has anybody interviewed with Angelo state or will be interviewing this weekend with them?