This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of my friends got accepted to TWU but they are still deciding on the rest
Wow already? Do you know when they’re expected to get back to everyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

It says target date they will notify accepted students. I'm praying hopefully they don't say anything until that time lololol. I'm just kinda disheartened.... has anyone heard back from UTEP also?

Members don't see this ad :)
It says target date they will notify accepted students. I'm praying hopefully they don't say anything until that time lololol. I'm just kinda disheartened.... has anyone heard back from UTEP also?

UTEP said that we won't hear anything until mid January.

I just received an invite to UTMB. A choice of December 8th and January 5th. I am unsure if January 5th would be too late? Would it benefit to do it sooner? It is tough for me to choose an earlier date because it is short notice and I am out of state. Do you guys know if they accept certain amount of students from the pool of interviewees each date?

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an invite to UTMB. A choice of December 8th and January 5th. I am unsure if January 5th would be too late? Would it benefit to do it sooner? It is tough for me to choose an earlier date because it is short notice and I am out of state. Do you guys know if they accept certain amount of students from the pool of interviewees each date?
Congrats! & it kinda matters, if they really really want you they’ll send out acceptance offer, if not they’ll waitlist you until they do their last round of interviews and decide. I have a lot of friends who have been waitlisted and a couple who have been accepted.

TWU is my last hope to stay in Texas. Otherwise I'm going to Missouri for PT school. Fingers crossed!

It would be better if you could go to the earlier interview. We do have rolling admissions and people will get accepted after this next round of interviews. There's no set number for how many people they accept each interview day, but I definitely think the earlier you go the better.

I have an interview with TTUHSC on Friday (Dec. 1st) at the Odessa campus. Has anyone else interviewed there yet? Does the campus interviewed at impact the campus you are accepted to? I am curious how it works because I am already living in Lubbock so I am hopeful to be accepted to their campus here.

I have an interview with TTUHSC on Friday (Dec. 1st) at the Odessa campus. Has anyone else interviewed there yet? Does the campus interviewed at impact the campus you are accepted to? I am curious how it works because I am already living in Lubbock so I am hopeful to be accepted to their campus here.
I interviewed there, I posted a real detailed sequence of events for that interview earlier in this thread if you wanna go check that out. And they ask you in the beginning to sign papers and one of the papers is asking for your campus preferences and asks you to explain why for your preferences. Goodluck! Let me know if you have any more Q’s

I interviewed there, I posted a real detailed sequence of events for that interview earlier in this thread if you wanna go check that out. And they ask you in the beginning to sign papers and one of the papers is asking for your campus preferences and asks you to explain why for your preferences. Goodluck! Let me know if you have any more Q’s
Thank you so much! Have you heard back from them after your interview? Also how long did the interview process take? I'm trying to estimate if I can possibly make it back in time for an exam. Also, generally how early do you arrive before your interview? At UNT they wanted us to arrive no earlier than a very specific time so I didn't work about it before.

Thank you so much! Have you heard back from them after your interview? Also how long did the interview process take? I'm trying to estimate if I can possibly make it back in time for an exam. Also, generally how early do you arrive before your interview? At UNT they wanted us to arrive no earlier than a very specific time so I didn't work about it before.
I got accepted but I’m gonna rescind due to recent acceptance at UT Health but I’m still waiting on txst

As far as time, I got there like 15 mins before it started.

Last edited:
Completely forgot to answer about how long it lasted.. they told us to get there at 10:45 since it started at 11 and I didn’t get out until almost 2 or 3

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted at utmb. Interviewed Nov. 3, heard back Nov. 7. They are very fast
Do you mind sharing what the interview was like? What kind of questions did they asked you? Was it laid back?

Do you mind sharing what the interview was like? What kind of questions did they asked you? Was it laid back?
They asked basic interview questions, nothing was really unreasonable - strengths, where do you see yourself working, etc. It was pretty laid back and the faculty are very nice, but I would suggest going in with a lot of questions so there aren't awkward pauses of you scrambling to think of something to ask. They have an info session at the beginning that kind of answers a lot of questions you may have. There's also a group discussion about an issue. It's not too bad but everyone is trying to talk so make sure you don't get overshadowed. Just try to relax and be yourself and you will be fine! Good luck!

Okay, so I think I’m officially going crazy waiting to hear from Texas Tech. I interviewed back on 11/10 and just silence. I have check my email and Merlin account probably 100 times a day every day since the interview. I’ve been stalking this forum to see if anyone else heard news. I’m worried that my later interview date will hurt me. I was invited to interview in October but had to push back the date due to a surgery I had to have. Did TTUHSC fill all the spots? How many more interviews could there be? I thought my interview went well but now as I think back, I’m second guessing myself. Does everyone else torture themselves while waiting like I do? Marbles = lost.

Okay, so I think I’m officially going crazy waiting to hear from Texas Tech. I interviewed back on 11/10 and just silence. I have check my email and Merlin account probably 100 times a day every day since the interview. I’ve been stalking this forum to see if anyone else heard news. I’m worried that my later interview date will hurt me. I was invited to interview in October but had to push back the date due to a surgery I had to have. Did TTUHSC fill all the spots? How many more interviews could there be? I thought my interview went well but now as I think back, I’m second guessing myself. Does everyone else torture themselves while waiting like I do? Marbles = lost.

RELAX! try not to think about it too much, I am sure you did great just be patient. They sent out another round of interview invites last week (my friend got one) so maybe they are waiting to have those interviews in early December.

Officially declined my acceptance to Tech, they were super nice about it.

I'm sure your interview went great!! It's so easy to go crazy during the waiting period though so I completely understand.
What campus did you interview at? I have a TTUHSC interview on friday at their Odessa campus (invited on 11/6) so maybe they hold interviews at each campus before sending anything out? There must still be spots.
I know some people have not even heard anything from TTU yet and are still hoping to be offered an interview spot.

Rejected from UTMB today. Didn't go to an interview or anything. Just finally heard back from them.

Same man, dont feel too bad, at least you know there's people on the same boat as you

I interviewed on 9/22 in Lubbock and STILL have not heard back. Not a peep. I am assuming I am on some sort of a waitlist although I have not been officially waitlisted. I have heard of others receiving offers so I am thinking maybe they are going to see who else interviews or who may decline and then maybe review the files of those who have interviewed for potential offers. Nothing to do but just wait, but I need to put a deposit down on another school soon to hold my spot so the waiting can be frustrating.

Reactions: 1 users
RELAX! try not to think about it too much, I am sure you did great just be patient. They sent out another round of interview invites last week (my friend got one) so maybe they are waiting to have those interviews in early December.
That’s what I’m figuring. I’m sure I’ll find out within the next few weeks. The waiting game just drives me nuts. Most of my schools interview in January and February. I won’t know until spring for most of them. That’s why I’m dying to know about TTUHSC.

I'm sure your interview went great!! It's so easy to go crazy during the waiting period though so I completely understand.
What campus did you interview at? I have a TTUHSC interview on friday at their Odessa campus (invited on 11/6) so maybe they hold interviews at each campus before sending anything out? There must still be spots.
I know some people have not even heard anything from TTU yet and are still hoping to be offered an interview spot.

Thank you so much. I interviewed at Lubbock. I really enjoyed the campus. It was a nice experience. Good luck with your interview this Friday. It was very relaxed :) I’m thinking I’ll know yay or nay within a few weeks. I just am so impatient. Haha

I interviewed on 9/22 in Lubbock and STILL have not heard back. Not a peep. I am assuming I am on some sort of a waitlist although I have not been officially waitlisted. I have heard of others receiving offers so I am thinking maybe they are going to see who else interviews or who may decline and then maybe review the files of those who have interviewed for potential offers. Nothing to do but just wait, but I need to put a deposit down on another school soon to hold my spot so the waiting can be frustrating.

It’s good to know other people are in the same boat :) I hope you hear good news soon. Did you like TTUHSC more than your other school? Is that why you are hesitating to put the deposit down?

For UTHSCA are the group interviews hard? That's the part i'm most worried about.

I interviewed that date as well and still haven't heard back. We're on the same boat so I feel you.

For UTHSCA are the group interviews hard? That's the part i'm most worried about.

One of the group interviews is a "fun" one where they just want to see how you engage with the applicants in your group. They asked us questions like "as a group come up with 1 thing you all do NOT have a common" and things along those lines. They also had us play pictionary (I think i spelled that right). The other group interview is more intense but work with your group to try to answer these questions. Its more ethical based questions. Also try to stand out without hogging up all the questions

It’s good to know other people are in the same boat :) I hope you hear good news soon. Did you like TTUHSC more than your other school? Is that why you are hesitating to put the deposit down?
I really liked both TTUHSC and the other school, but the other school is much more expensive. I hope you hear good news soon as well!

To those who went to the info session the night before the UT health interview: how long does it last? Also, how is it structured?

The info session was chill, lasted a couple of hours. You just kind of hang out with first year students and ask questions, the whole goal is to try and get you to be relaxed for the interview so you can be yourself.

Last edited:
I interviewed that date as well and still haven't heard back. We're on the same boat so I feel you.
That is such a relief to know I am not the only one. I'm hoping that maybe after this Friday's interviews, they will start sending some information out.

I really liked both TTUHSC and the other school, but the other school is much more expensive. I hope you hear good news soon as well!
I feel you there. I got accepted to another school but the tuition is just outrageous so I don't want to put my deposit down yet. I'm really hoping for TTUHSC. Thanks :)

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM ANGELO STATE SAYING IVE BEEN ACCEPTED:clap::highfive::horns::soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
I just got accepted into TTUHSC Amarillo! Does anyone know how accepting offers works, as in am I allowed to accept the offer for this program and still interview and look for other options or am I locked in?

I just got accepted into TTUHSC Amarillo! Does anyone know how accepting offers works, as in am I allowed to accept the offer for this program and still interview and look for other options or am I locked in?
Congrats! I accepted to tech but did not put down the deposit because I was going to interview at other places. I ended up getting accepted else where and just emailed them declining my spot. They were super understanding and nice about. Just dont put down the deposit. The deposit isnt due till Jan 15th. You arent locked in anywhere. Theres no way the other schools know unless you tell them

Am I the only one who has not heard from Texas Tech at all? I submitted my application quite early too...
No interview, no nothing...

Am I the only one who has not heard from Texas Tech at all? I submitted my application quite early too...
No interview, no nothing...
I'm sure you are not the only one, but I couldn't say for sure. I think they are supposed to do interviews through December (according to one of the first years I talked to). I'm sorry though :( I know it can get discouraging. Don't lose hope. I hope whatever happens works out the best for you. Did you apply to other schools too?

I'm sure you are not the only one, but I couldn't say for sure. I think they are supposed to do interviews through December (according to one of the first years I talked to). I'm sorry though :( I know it can get discouraging. Don't lose hope. I hope whatever happens works out the best for you. Did you apply to other schools too?

Thanks for the encouraging words. I applied to some schools in Texas and some out of state. So far no good news yet. Still hoping to at least get 1 acceptance somewhere.

Actually I believe that schools are able to see who else has offered you admission in PTCAS, but nothing else (declines, etc). It is buried somewhere among the fine print.

I would suspect that this has 0 bearing on a schools decision to offer admission or not.

Raggedcompany: I know a LOT of people in the same boat, or only have heard from 1 school, etc... Just keep your chin up, and if you don't get an offer this go around just come back stronger in July!

One of my friends got into TWU-Houston. So TWU is starting to send out acceptance emails/phone calls

To those who interviewed at UT Health: I interviewed there yesterday and really loved it! In the "fun" group interview, did they ask you like policy type questions after the activities? They did to my group and I wasn't sure if they did with everyone.

To those who interviewed at UT Health: I interviewed there yesterday and really loved it! In the "fun" group interview, did they ask you like policy type questions after the activities? They did to my group and I wasn't sure if they did with everyone.
Policy as in?

Asm65 - i wouldnt be surprised if they switched things up a little from interview to interview

One of my friends got into TWU-Houston. So TWU is starting to send out acceptance emails/phone calls
Eek on a Saturday? I thought weekends were my only no-stress days when it comes to checking my email! Lol but

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile

Eek on a Saturday? I thought weekends were my only no-stress days when it comes to checking my email! Lol but

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile
It was actually last night, so keep enjoying your stress free Saturday lol!

Reactions: 2 users
I got in to UT Health- At 9:30 this morning I got the email!!