This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got it like a month back or so? The 50 word limit right?
Yeah the 50 word one. I got it around the end of September, so about a month ish ago. I was curious if everyone got that too or not as well! Hopefully it means something good!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't lose hope yet. If we haven't heard from a school yet, we're still in the running :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody interviewed with Angelo state or will be interviewing this weekend with them?

I interviewed with them this past weekend on Saturday. The whole experience was amazing. Really laid back.

I love your positivity brother, I hope we all make it cause we all will definetely make a positive impact in the physical therapy field.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if uthscsa is already giving out interview offers? I thought it was a firm deadline so I didn't know that people on this thread already have interviews. Is it a rolling admissions program?

Does anyone know if uthscsa is already giving out interview offers? I thought it was a firm deadline so I didn't know that people on this thread already have interviews. Is it a rolling admissions program?
Interview offers, yes. Acceptance offers not yet. I interviewed for their early decision deadline and still waiting for a response. They’ve been giving out interviews for the December interviews since last week. A couple of my friends have gotten interview offers. I don’t think it’s rolling admission, just early decision

Thanks man, how about Tech and UTMB... like I have not heard anything from them. I'm guessing I'm gonna get rejected really soon huh?..

Aznlittlehero - I believe UTMB has sent out their final invites for 12/8 interviews, no clue on tech.
Your stats look good, but the GRE is going to make you a tough sell for most state schools. How many times have you taken it, and how did you study?

UTHSCSA says that they dont look at your GRE, but then its the very first thing after your name on the supplemental app.. :/

I have an interview with Texas State and UTHSCSA. I had one at tech this past friday and I asked if they still had more rounds of interviews and one of the students said they had one more, which I assume is the 17th. But we never know, it can change.

To those who have interviewed with UTHSCA, can y'all give me some feedback and advice on how it went. Im super nervous. I just want to get in somewhere!

Well, I took it once and I prepared for it 3 months before I took it. Did I forget to say that English is not my first language? Im equally fluent in 3 languages. Lololol. But I guess it doesn't matter. I'd rather take the GRE than the TOEFL. I hope i get in somewhere though man, I love the physical therapy field. Still working part time while going to school full time. I hope I get in somewhere at least haha.

I interviewed with them this past weekend on Saturday. The whole experience was amazing. Really laid back.

Did you have any questions like 'tell me about a conflict you solved' or 'give an example of an ethical situation you were in' ? Just wondering because I always get pretty stumped on those and never know what to say :/

Did you have any questions like 'tell me about a conflict you solved' or 'give an example of an ethical situation you were in' ? Just wondering because I always get pretty stumped on those and never know what to say :/

Definitely had a question asking about conflicts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aznlittlehero - If that is the case, I would really buckle down on some higher level reading for a few months (new yorker, or even take some time dissecting the economist), and working with flash cards to try and get it up to at least a 145 or so, and try to get the math to a 155 so you are at a combined score of 300.

If you don't get in this go around and can pull the figures up to a combined 300 at minimum with the rest of your stats you should be golden. The silver lining here also is that it would make for one hell of an essay for one of the portions to talk about having to overcome the difficulty of bringing up your score on the GRE in your non native language.
I can imagine its quite difficult to take something like the GRE in what is ultimately a foreign language.

@ptrox - UTHSCSA was chill. They really genuinely just want to see who you are as a person. Its 2 group interviews and 2 one on one interviews. Read up on APTA news, and just relax and be yourself.

Has anyone that’s been accepted to TTUHSC this cycle started up a Facebook page? If not we should get that going!

Interviewed last month at Tech & still haven’t heard anything back yet:(

Interviewed last month at Tech & still haven’t heard anything back yet:(
go to the merlin website and see if there is an offer or rejection on there.. if not then they still havent decided

Congrats to you aa well!

Are you.accepting, interviewing elsewhere...?

Congrats to you aa well!

Are you.accepting, interviewing elsewhere...?

Thank you! I'm not quite sure yet. I interviewed at the University of St. Augustine in Austin at the beginning of this month and just received an invitation to interview at UTSW. I REALLY liked UIW, but would have great living arrangements in ATX if I'm acceptedd. I don't know much about UTSW, but it's the first public school offer I've received so I'll definitely consider it. The only other school I'd like to hear from is TTU. So I'm just doing my research and trying to make a decision. :)

Just an FYI for anyone waiting on UT health SA: they've made their decisions. Should be sending them out on Monday!

Hello All,

I recently stumbled upon this forum researching information about Texas state's interviewing process. I have an interview in a couple of weeks and would be very appreciative of any insight you guys might have since most of you guys have more experience than me it seems.
Thanks

Last edited:
Whoa for those who interviewed early? What about those with regular interview admissions notifications.

Whoa for those who interviewed early? What about those with regular interview admissions notifications.
Not sure about the regular interview invites. But one of the girls I interviewed with for early decision called and asked Nora! @perez6

I certainly hope that either:

A) I get the accept

B) The notification of a non accept comes in after I finish my 3rd test for the day monday.

lol!

I literally haven't heard back from UTSA since they received my application. I wouldn't be surprised if they filled their entire class off of early decision candidates, pretty common for that to happen honestly. Congrats to everyone who is getting interviews/acceptances!

My friend just got an interview at tech so there’s still hope for those that haven’t heard back!

I literally haven't heard back from UTSA since they received my application. I wouldn't be surprised if they filled their entire class off of early decision candidates, pretty common for that to happen honestly. Congrats to everyone who is getting interviews/acceptances!
Did they ever send you a fafsa form? They asked me to fill out a fafsa form. And don't worry man, my friend who's at utsa said they can't just fill their seats up with only early applicants. They also have to give normal applicants a chance also. Always hope!

UT Health said they wont let Early Decision interviewees know until after thanksgiving.... I know right.

Last edited:
To those waiting to hear back from UT Health Ive heard they work their way pretty far down the waitlist too. So even if you get waitlisted, you still have a great shot. Praying for all of you!

Also- is anyone going to the Texas State meet and greet on the sunday before interviews?? I would love to go but I don't think Im going to be able to. Does anyone know anything about the format of their interviews??

Also- is anyone going to the Texas State meet and greet on the sunday before interviews?? I would love to go but I don't think Im going to be able to. Does anyone know anything about the format of their interviews??

I am, its supposed to be fun! and I think it is 30 min interviews with two people. One faculty and one clinician

UT Health said they wont let Early Decision interviewees know until after thanksgiving.... I know right.
What?! Why would they tell my friend they'd tell us monday. I've been so anxious this whole time haha. Did you call them?

Officially declined my ingerview offer at tx state. Lady on the phone sounded offended.

So my guess for UT health.... is... mid day wednesday of next week. Or friday. :/

What?! Why would they tell my friend they'd tell us monday. I've been so anxious this whole time haha. Did you call them?
yeah, I called. They seem real disorganized with this process. They kept telling different people different time frames

I am, its supposed to be fun! and I think it is 30 min interviews with two people. One faculty and one clinician
When I interviewed there 2 years ago, it was one interview with both the faculty and clinician in the room.

Would anyone be willing to share any information they have regarding the University of Texas Southwestern? (UTSW) I have researched their website quite a bit but I have not heard anything good or bad about the program. I'm not from the area and don't know anyone who has been through the program or what their opinions are about it. Any advice, information, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! (I've also done quite a bit of research on this forum but I have found very little information and/or dated information regarding the program.)

Thanks in advance!!

I got into UT Health! Wont be going to UTMBs interview. Still going to TXSTs though!

Last edited:
Dang I just got rejected from ut health today :( I'm guessing they filled their seats up huh

UT health as well, congrats peeps, see yall in july!

Dang I just got rejected from ut health today :( I'm guessing they filled their seats up huh
They still have a wave of 3 interviews coming up in December. I am sorry however, hopefully you hear some good news from other programs you applied to. If not it is for a reason and you always have to think positive.