Dress code.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2005pharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the dress code is for the orientation session before starting pharmacy school. What is appropriate? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school.

For WVU there are two orientation sessions. The first is come as you are, the sencond is required proessional dress. Talk to the people at your school, they'll be more than happy to help.

it depends on the school. Auburn, for instance, is business casual....and not just at the orientation

I'd ask the school if you don't know...or just go wearing business casual. as ivana trump said "id rather be overdressed than underdressed"

Members don't see this ad :)
2005pharmD said:
I was just wondering what the dress code is for the orientation session before starting pharmacy school. What is appropriate? Thanks
Go as scantly clad as possible

untitled.jpg

hank hill & co model some of the many available options for males during beer-casual pharmacy school orientations

aubieRx said:
untitled.jpg

hank hill & co model some of the many available options for males during beer-casual pharmacy school orientations

I dress like the one on the right.

aubieRx said:
I'd ask the school if you don't know...or just go wearing business casual. as ivana trump said "id rather be overdressed than underdressed"
I agree with this! Business casual is a good idea.

aubieRx said:
untitled.jpg

I like the bald guy; yea, that's who I'll dress like.

Just emailed the person in charge of the orientation session regarding the dress code. She said that, except for the white coat ceremony which is on a different day, the orientation's dress code is "casual." So what do you guys think? What would you wear if the person at your school said "casual" dress code at orientation? Jeans or not?

Thanks

2005pharmD said:
Just emailed the person in charge of the orientation session regarding the dress code. She said that, except for the white coat ceremony which is on a different day, the orientation's dress code is "casual." So what do you guys think? What would you wear if the person at your school said "casual" dress code at orientation? Jeans or not?

Thanks

I would wear "business casual" but I tend to dress more conservatively than a lot of females my age. I know I didn't wear jeans and a t-shirt during my orientation.

2005pharmD said:
Ok, I made up my mind. Choice # 4 it is.

#4 is probably the safest bet. There isn't a hint of doubt in my mind that you'll leave a lasting impression. Haven't you guys seen the new line of clothing from Zoolander? The 'Derelict' style clothing is all the crazy now. If I could change one thing about this hot new style, I would have the bum, I mean model, should be toting a 40oz. snuggly placed in a brown bag.

yea, I feel that choice #4 that will really make a lasting impression. They might hand me the pharmD degree right from the get-go. Plus, they'll think that I'm really familiar with drugs ;) :p