Dress Code?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mmm, I guess we're different in that regards. I love changing up my look. I can't imagine wearing the same outfit more than once per month (if not longer). I like dressing up. Shoes I don't really care too much for.

S/N: I wonder if my school (or most schools) will have a problem if someone wears a lot of jewelry. I have like 5 piercings in my ears and love watches, rings etc.

Excessive jewelry is often considered...less than ideal in a situation where you are dressed up, at least form what I understand. Most places I have worked had policies that mentioned keeping jewelry to a minimum. I don't think it is considered "professional" - a nebulous term that will be invoked anytime your school wants a certain action or kind of behavior. It will come to mean "whatever your school wants it to mean, whenever it is convenient for it to mean that". Oddly, it seems to apply to the student body uni-directionally.

/rant.

Sorry about that, I don't know where that came from. I am actually quite happy with my school right now. Must be something I had repressed coming out.

Members don't see this ad.

Excessive jewelry is often considered...less than ideal in a situation where you are dressed up, at least form what I understand. Most places I have worked had policies that mentioned keeping jewelry to a minimum. I don't think it is considered "professional" - a nebulous term that will be invoked anytime your school wants a certain action or kind of behavior. It will come to mean "whatever your school wants it to mean, whenever it is convenient for it to mean that". Oddly, it seems to apply to the student body uni-directionally.

/rant.

Sorry about that, I don't know where that came from. I am actually quite happy with my school right now. Must be something I had repressed coming out.

Haha. I don't wear too much jewelry to work but I normally do when I'm at school. I guess I'll have to tone it down. I wouldn't that to be too much of a distraction.

delano = diva. fashionista. ok. got it. :D

I like to dress nicely and now I'm a diva and a fashionista? :mad: SMH, bro.:smuggrin::D

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmm, I guess we're different in that regards. I love changing up my look. I can't imagine wearing the same outfit more than once per month (if not longer). I like dressing up. Shoes I don't really care too much for.

S/N: I wonder if my school (or most schools) will have a problem if someone wears a lot of jewelry. I have like 5 piercings in my ears and love watches, rings etc.

Dang! i never thought of that one- i dont recall seeing it in the handbook though. I'm gonna have to get in touch with my non-existent conservative/church-going self.

There are ways to bling it up in business attire, too. Especially if your budget is 1k:eek:.

Tie clasps and cuff links if you go with french cuffed dress shirts for example.

I think dress codes for class are silly. I am so glad I can wear what I want to school...I would hate to have to dress business casual EVERYDAY. For a girl, it sucks. It means a new wardrobe. Guys can just throw on slacks and a dress shirt.... We have to do different blouses, pants, skirts, and matching shoes. Forget it.

No. It's harder for guys because we don't have a choice. What if you hate slacks and khakis? They just feel so weird compared to jeans.

iphone019.jpg

(Excuse the dirty mirror)
Currently updating my wardrobe in preparation for pharmacy school, is this acceptable to wear or is it too informal/casual?

(Excuse the dirty mirror)
Currently updating my wardrobe in preparation for pharmacy school, is this acceptable to wear or is it too informal/casual?

Way too formal dude.

But seriously, unless it is a dress up event, your undergrad wardrobe will serve you just fine, promise.

Way too formal dude.

But seriously, unless it is a dress up event, your undergrad wardrobe will serve you just fine, promise.

Hm, I was under the impression that pharmacy schools had a dress code.
Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look nice once in a while. Thanks!

Hm, I was under the impression that pharmacy schools had a dress code.
Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to look nice once in a while. Thanks!

Well, some do. They are the exception though, not the rule. For the most part it is the standard student dress code (nothing offensive, etc).

All schools have white coat days or the equivalent though, but that is a separate issue.

I think dress codes for class are silly. I am so glad I can wear what I want to school...I would hate to have to dress business casual EVERYDAY. For a girl, it sucks. It means a new wardrobe. Guys can just throw on slacks and a dress shirt.... We have to do different blouses, pants, skirts, and matching shoes. Forget it.

I have to wear business casual every day to work. I wish it were socially acceptable for me to go buy guys' polos & dress pants - girls have these items, but they are far less forgiving and far less comfortable. And... F girl dress shoes. Seriously. Horrible for the feet / ankles. I can find things in the boy's section at Payless Shoes that don't give me the problems, but for girl looking shoes, I have to go to a better / more pricey store (or, I suppose, a rare Goodwill find would work).

Who the HELL decided girls don't need pockets????!!?? :mad:

(On a rare upside, pants are not required for girls. Because I'd be wearing a dress... What were you thinking? :p)