Drew applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremd11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any drew applicants out there? I need advice, because I would love to go there.
what is the GPA avg for Drew.
Thanks guys:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I got rejected pre-secondary. They got a good program, from what I hear. It really helps if you have experience with underserved pop's...

I have an interview at Drew on November 21. Check out the website, for the GPA/MCAT cutoffs. They're a bit lower than the other Cali med schools though.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSBPre-Med,

Congrats on the Drew interview! :clap: Wow, they're starting earlier this year--yours is the first I've heard of! Do you mind telling us when your app was complete there? Thanks.

Anyone else still...umm...working on their Drew secondary?:(

Thanks Nefertari :D I was pretty excited--its going to be my first interview. Gives me some practice on my NUMBER ONE choice: UC Davis on December 3rd.

But I got the Drew Secondary sometime in August, and my application was complete(sent in my letters) on about October 7-8.

Where is Drew? It isn't in anyway connected to the Drew univeristy in nj is it?

Drew is in Los Angeles. You spend your first two years at UCLA taking all your classes with those admitted to UCLA, and then your 3rd and 4th years st Martin LutherKing Jr/Drew Medical Center doing rotations. The program is geared for people wanting to serve underprivileged populations. It is hard to get in though because they only accept like 24-25 people a year. I finished my application recently and I wanted to know, when do you guys think I should call to check on my app? I know that you had to stamp those cards and that is how they notify you, but I am worried that it might not reach me (I'm paranoid---it is my #1 choice). How soon after your secondary was completed did they contact you?

Well I sent in my secondary on about October 7-8, they contacted me via email about November 4-5.

It was weird because they assigned my an arbitrary interview date, without asking me to schedule one. I decided I better go and not pass this opportunity up by asking to reschedule.

Do you guys know how heavily Drew screens for secondaries?
I just got mine today and am wondering b/c I didn't even get a UCLA secondary.

Thanks for your help!

Drew looks at each application very carefully. To get an interview, there must be elements in your application that demonstrate that you are committed to fulfilling the Drew mission of practicing/teaching in underserved/indigent communities. One more thing, since Drew students spend their first two years at UCLA, your application will also pass through the admissions office at UCLA.

i cant find the gpa cutoffs. Can someone help me please or post them. Thanks

I had a question about Drew.

If you are granted an interview there (like I have been, going this Thursday!) are you automatically withdrawn from the General UCLA pool? I still might wanna go to LA to pay the cheaper tuition and not have to pay Drew's private school one. Does anyone know?

How soon after AMCAS did you all receive a secondary from Drew?

Thanks.

UCSB Pre-med,
I also got a secondary from Drew this week and have some troubles filling out. I was wondering if I could email you about my questions. Could you give me your email address btw? Hope its no big hastle for you. Thanks in advance.
JACK

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med
I had a question about Drew.

If you are granted an interview there (like I have been, going this Thursday!) are you automatically withdrawn from the General UCLA pool? I still might wanna go to LA to pay the cheaper tuition and not have to pay Drew's private school one. Does anyone know?

Tuition
Tuition for UCLA and Drew are IDENTICAL. To answer a future question, Drew students send their tuition checks to UCLA.

Interviews
You send a separate application to each school because each school has their own admission's commitee. Getting an interview at one school means you got an interview at that school; it has no bearing on the possibility of getting an interview at the other school.