You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Charles R Drew
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
procrasinatingmonkey
Full Member
did anyone get a response from sending an LOI to the main email address? has anyone been accepted after sending an LOI to the main email address without a response?
its been almost a week since I sent something in and they havent responded :/ should i be sending it to a particular person? ty!
its been almost a week since I sent something in and they havent responded :/ should i be sending it to a particular person? ty!
muffinman#3
Full Member
I sent one last month and I got a “received ” like a couple days laterdid anyone get a response from sending an LOI to the main email address? has anyone been accepted after sending an LOI to the main email address without a response?
its been almost a week since I sent something in and they havent responded :/ should i be sending it to a particular person? ty!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone get a response from sending an LOI to the main email address? has anyone been accepted after sending an LOI to the main email address without a response?
its been almost a week since I sent something in and they havent responded :/ should i be sending it to a particular person? ty!
which email did you send it to?
procrasinatingmonkey
Full Member
[email protected]which email did you send it to?
Yeah thats the correct email… Maybe verify receipt of your files? Do yall think its impolite to ask about one’s rank order position on the voting spreadsheet tally?
firstgenmd
Full Member
Personally I don’t think it’s impolite. However I did send an email a few weeks ago asking about rankings on the list and they didn’t reply so maybe they aren’t sharing that info…Yeah thats the correct email… Maybe verify receipt of your files? Do yall think it’s impolite to ask about one’s rank order position on the voting spreadsheet tally?
muffinman#3
Full Member
They sent us an email end of February saying they aren’t telling us till after May 1. It’s a couple pages back if you wanna read itPersonally I don’t think it’s impolite. However I did send an email a few weeks ago asking about rankings on the list and they didn’t reply so maybe they aren’t sharing that info…
firstgenmd
Full Member
Was it the email that everyone got on February 22nd? I didn’t know they’re telling us the actual rankingThey sent us an email end of February saying they aren’t telling us till after May 1. It’s a couple pages back if you wanna read it
muffinman#3
Full Member
That’s what I assumed but tbh CDU has been very unprofessional this whole time so idk anything anymore lolWas it the email that everyone got on February 22nd? I didn’t know they’re telling us the actual ranking
as of now, the class is full. And to my understanding (per our group me) more than 60 students have been accepted...i could and may be wrong though!UPDATE: question was ignored 🥲
Just sent an email asking whether the incoming class has been filled yet...
there may be some slight movement after april 30th as some students are not fully decided, but i wouldnt full bank on it. nonetheless, anything can happen...
as of now, the class is full. And to my understanding (per our group me) more than 60 students have been accepted...i could and may be wrong though!
there may be some slight movement after april 30th as some students are not fully decided, but i wouldnt full bank on it. nonetheless, anything can happen...
Darn. Stings a little but isnt totally unexpected. Thanks for sharing your insights mate. Best of luck with your med school journey [emoji9]
thank you! wishing you the best as well!Darn. Stings a little but isnt totally unexpected. Thanks for sharing your insights mate. Best of luck with your med school journey [emoji9]
jefe_piglet
Full Member
Super weird but adding data points.
So I was given a fafsa financial aid offer from CDU but I’m not accepted to the school… that is all
So I was given a fafsa financial aid offer from CDU but I’m not accepted to the school… that is all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you fill out the FAFSA? I hope that means what I think it means...Super weird but adding data points.
So I was given a fafsa financial aid offer from CDU but I’m not accepted to the school… that is all
jefe_piglet
Full Member
Did you fill out the FAFSA? I hope that means what I think it means...
Yeah filled it out at the end of January and put all the schools I had interviews with on it. No clue when the financial aid offer came in. I checked my fafsa for another A I have and there it was
But the only contact I’ve had with them is the ‘you MIGHT be on the WL [emoji102][emoji102]” one that everyone else go
Yeah filled it out at the end of January and put all the schools I had interviews with on it. No clue when the financial aid offer came in. I checked my fafsa for another A I have and there it was
But the only contact I’ve had with them is the ‘you MIGHT be on the WL [emoji102][emoji102]” one that everyone else go
Fingers crossed for you [emoji1696] [emoji7] I just sent an email asking if we should fill pit FAFSA preemptively and she just said “do not submit anything” 🥲 Whelps
muffinman#3
Full Member
Do yall think on May 1 they’ll finally reject us or??? I just don’t get the point of keeping us in limbo
firstgenmd
Full Member
Also wondering this. I just need a definitive yes or no (probably no at this point). Like put me out of my misery so I can move on and think about what’s next.Do yall think on May 1 they’ll finally reject us or??? I just don’t get the point of keeping us in limbo
Admissions offices are busy.Do yall think on May 1 they’ll finally reject us or??? I just don’t get the point of keeping us in limbo
Applications: While You Are Waiting
Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes of medical school admissions? Here we explore how an application moves through the process.
www.studentdoctor.net
and so are we.Admissions offices are busy.
![]()
Applications: While You Are Waiting
Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes of medical school admissions? Here we explore how an application moves through the process.www.studentdoctor.net
Not trying to excuse others in admissions offices. They know it's better that you get closure too. They also have those stories about letting too many people go (reject) only to turn around and coax them back or give them hope (hey, you want a late interview? Maybe interview early for the next class?). They have policies about admitting students that they have to adhere to and make sure their headcount is accurate. I know some offices that reject at the very end of the cycle after matriculation.and so are we.
You have to move forward with a reapp or the transition to starting school. They have to.
muffinman#3
Full Member
I got the acceptance today. I pray for good news for those of you still waiting
procrasinatingmonkey
Full Member
congrats!! email + call or just email?I got the acceptance today. I pray for good news for those of you still waiting
muffinman#3
Full Member
Just an emailcongrats!! email + call or just email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the WL too, interviewed in September
Edit: OOS
Edit: OOS
Last edited:
procrasinatingmonkey
Full Member
IS WL interviewed beginning of October
firstgenmd
Full Member
IS WL this morning as well. Interviewed in December. Praying for good news for the waitlist squad!!
djkandy002
Full Member
Has anyone else not received the waitlist email yet?
firstgenmd
Full Member
I doubt they would tell us that tbh I think multiple people have asked and they haven’t answered. I responded to the email and accepted the waitlist offer and a few minutes later got a response from Dr. Loeza that just said “noted”.They won’t let us know where we are on the waitlist will they? 😬
I just withdrew my A. Best of luck to those on the WL!
Just withdrew my A as well! Sending good energy to everyone on the WL <3
muffinman#3
Full Member
I got accepted about a week ago now. Just a heads up, Loeza is literally running the whole admin office by herself, we also got our financial aid package a few days ago so there will definitely be movement because almost no one got any aid.
No aid?!I got accepted about a week ago now. Just a heads up, Loeza is literally running the whole admin office by herself, we also got our financial aid package a few days ago so there will definitely be movement because almost no one got any aid.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As in most of us are receiving financial aid in the form of govt loans but about 9 got full tuition scholarshipsNo aid?!
wellbutrinbish
Full Member
As in most of us are receiving financial aid in the form of govt loans but about 9 got full tuition scholarships
I thought you could only take private loans since they aren’t accredited yet? If we are able to take gov loans pre-accreditation, that changes the game tbh. I’m so curious about aid options.
I think since they aren’t technically a “new” school, as in they have preexisting programs before they established their medical school, they qualify for federal loans.I thought you could only take private loans since they aren’t accredited yet? If we are able to take gov loans pre-accreditation, that changes the game tbh. I’m so curious about aid options.
Definitely going to be some sort of movement soon 😬