You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Charles R Drew
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lizzy score? Congrats BTW!IS A about an hour ago, interview 10/27.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
Thx! Not sure never did it, stats are in my profile somewhere.Lizzy score? Congrats BTW!
getItdone57
Full Member
OOS A I was emailed to check my portal. LM 69 I think
Interviewed in about September
Interviewed in about September
Premed44-4
Full Member
Anyone interviewed in November got an acceptance?
OOS A I was emailed to check my portal. LM 69 I think
Interviewed in about September
Congrats! Is it the applicant gateway?
getItdone57
Full Member
YesCongrats! Is it the applicant gateway?
muffinman#3
Full Member
Yeah kinda confused about that too, sent out at night too for some reasonSo As we’re sent on the weekend? I didn’t think they would do that lol
getItdone57
Full Member
Update did receive a call this morning from Dean she said she manually updated accepted students last night. Your portal should change and your should receive an actual “Your accepted congratulations” email.
Any chance she mentioned if all the As in this wave have already been sent/updated? 🥲 HahahaUpdate did receive a call this morning from Dean she said she manually updated accepted students last night. Your portal should change and your should receive an actual “Your accepted congratulations” email.
Any chance she mentioned if all the As in this wave have already been sent/updated? 🥲 Hahaha
Im gonna assume no, not all the A’s have been sent out based off the number of likes [emoji28] thx for the solidarity friends [emoji18]
where can I find the portal?
It’s the same one for the secondary! It should be in your email if you received a secondarywhere can I find the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pikablue
Full Member
Same, but it looks they were all sent out gradually over a week or 2 last yeari dont see why they wouldnt send out all 60 As at once since its such a small class size..(I'm overthinking and wanna cry)
Bruh😭 I juts want to know already, one way or another lolSame, but it looks they were all sent out gradually over a week or 2 last year
I assume many of the ppl they sent As to have options lol which may help us 🤣 - gotta stay positive!
Pikablue
Full Member
That’s the cope I’m telling myself lolI assume many of the ppl they sent As to have options lol which may help us 🤣 - gotta stay positive!
chunkimonki
Full Member
They are really making us wait until the 15th... 😢
I'm just hoping they actually keep their word...seems from last year's thread that they had people waiting past the date they promised :/They are really making us wait until the 15th... 😢
muffinman#3
Full Member
I just don’t get what’s difficult to send 60 acceptances at once. So far we have 3 on hereI'm just hoping they actually keep their word...seems from last year's thread that they had people waiting past the date they promised :/
I just don’t get what’s difficult to send 60 acceptances at once. So far we have 3 on here
It seems like the admin manually adjusts each applicant status or smth? Based off that phone call anyway lol
Last edited:
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
Just withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of you guys, GL all
Premed44-4
Full Member
i dont see why they wouldnt send out all 60 As at once since its such a small class size..(I'm overthinking and wanna cry)
Not everyone is here lolI just don’t get what’s difficult to send 60 acceptances at once. So far we have 3 on here
Is the portal down? I was able to access it a couple days ago but can't now
muffinman#3
Full Member
I know that, even if 20% were here, 3 out of 60 is quite low.Not everyone is here lol
djkandy002
Full Member
I'm still able to access my Applicant Gateway right nowIs the portal down? I was able to access it a couple days ago but can't now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the portal down? I was able to access it a couple days ago but can't now
Maybe its being updated as we speak [emoji15]
123penguin
Full Member
a little late but IS A got it Sunday around noon through email! Interviewed in October
I just don't get why some people received A's over the weekend 😭 what does that mean for the rest of us man
I’m hoping (coping) that there’s no real difference and they just sent out a few early… somehow…I just don't get why some people received A's over the weekend 😭 what does that mean for the rest of us man
Their website still says decisions are coming out 2/15 but I did find this:
Acceptance Decision
The selection process is guided by the AAMC’s principles of holistic review which incorporate a method of assessing an applicant’s qualifications by which balanced consideration is given to the collective preparatory experiences, personal attributes, and academic metrics of each candidate. The Admissions Committee will meet to review the admission files of each interviewed applicant. At the committee meeting, the applicant's file will be presented and reviewed by the entire committee. Each committee
member will vote on each candidate whether to approve or not approve a candidate. Following the
vote, the director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares a spreadsheet of the results of each candidate presented at the meeting and forwards it to the Admissions Committee chair for review and approval.
Offers of Admission
The director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares the offer letters based on the order an applicant appears on the voting spreadsheet tally on the approved committee list.
The chair or vice chair of the Admissions Committee will sign all admission letters. Included with the admission letters, students will receive a packet of acceptance materials which include information on health and disability insurance, financial aid, health clearance, housing, and next steps to enrollment as well as the MD Program Technical Standards. All final decisions on an applicant’s status will be sent via email to the
address she or he provided on the AMCAS file.
Those who do not receive an initial letter of offer will be placed on a waitlist based on his/her rank order number. Offers will be made from this waitlist based on rank order number to fill positions that become vacant when an applicant declines admission. Applicants who are not placed on the waitlist will receive a letter stating they were not accepted into the MD Program. The director recruitment, admissions, and retention; chair; and vice chair are charged by the Admissions Committee to use the waitlist to fill spots as they become vacant.
djkandy002
Full Member
So I guess the remaining 140-ish of us are lowkey waitlisted huh 🥲😢🙃I’m hoping (coping) that there’s no real difference and they just sent out a few early… somehow…
Their website still says decisions are coming out 2/15 but I did find this:
Acceptance Decision
The selection process is guided by the AAMC’s principles of holistic review which incorporate a method of assessing an applicant’s qualifications by which balanced consideration is given to the collective preparatory experiences, personal attributes, and academic metrics of each candidate. The Admissions Committee will meet to review the admission files of each interviewed applicant. At the committee meeting, the applicant's file will be presented and reviewed by the entire committee. Each committee
member will vote on each candidate whether to approve or not approve a candidate. Following the
vote, the director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares a spreadsheet of the results of each candidate presented at the meeting and forwards it to the Admissions Committee chair for review and approval.
Offers of Admission
The director of MS recruitment, admissions, and retention prepares the offer letters based on the order an applicant appears on the voting spreadsheet tally on the approved committee list.
The chair or vice chair of the Admissions Committee will sign all admission letters. Included with the admission letters, students will receive a packet of acceptance materials which include information on health and disability insurance, financial aid, health clearance, housing, and next steps to enrollment as well as the MD Program Technical Standards. All final decisions on an applicant’s status will be sent via email to the
address she or he provided on the AMCAS file.
Those who do not receive an initial letter of offer will be placed on a waitlist based on his/her rank order number. Offers will be made from this waitlist based on rank order number to fill positions that become vacant when an applicant declines admission. Applicants who are not placed on the waitlist will receive a letter stating they were not accepted into the MD Program. The director recruitment, admissions, and retention; chair; and vice chair are charged by the Admissions Committee to use the waitlist to fill spots as they become vacant.
Premed44-4
Full Member
Hopefully good news. I was waitlisted here last year 😭So I guess the remaining 140-ish of us are lowkey waitlisted huh 🥲😢🙃
Do we get a notification for being on the waitlist? Or if you don't hear anything today that means waitlist? This process is so darn unpredictable and I wish we would hear answers in a consistent manner D:
chunkimonki
Full Member
OOS A - Email @ 3:12 pm EST!
Last edited:
chunkimonki
Full Member
Are they pressing send one by one orrrr.....? 
Are they pressing send one by one orrrr.....?![]()
Why are they taking so long [emoji30][emoji20]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we get a notification for being on the waitlist? Or if you don't hear anything today that means waitlist? This process is so darn unpredictable and I wish we would hear answers in a consistent manner D:
Can someone email/call the office to ask if all communication has been sent out for today 🫣 And if it has, will they inform us of our position number in the waitlist
brazzimamma
Full Member
I nominate you 😂😂Can someone email/call the office to ask if all communication has been sent out for today 🫣 And if it has, will they inform us of our position number in the waitlist
Pikablue
Full Member
I secondI nominate you 😂😂
I think they'll release them later today after business hours... Lol!
I nominate you [emoji23][emoji23]
Im halfway across the world rn otherwise I would LOL