Drexel decision time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interveiwed march 9 but still have the interview link...

Members don't see this ad.

I called today and the guy told me that waitlist movement hasn't started yet. Has anyone else heard this?

if this has any merit, my interviewer had said that they had just accepted quite a few people off their waitlist just a while back; and i interviewed the week of 3/19...

Hey everyone....long time SDN lurker who has been following this thread particularly closely and finally overcame her procrastination in joining! I would have been lost without this thread (and SDN in general), so thanks for everything!

I interviewed at Drexel on 03/30 and noticed that my interview link disappeared this morning. I called Drexel to doublecheck and it looks like my file goes to committee tomorrow! A little surreal to think that while I drink my morning coffee in CA, my future is being decided several time zones away! Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else going to committee with me tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone....long time SDN lurker who has been following this thread particularly closely and finally overcame her procrastination in joining! I would have been lost without this thread (and SDN in general), so thanks for everything!

I interviewed at Drexel on 03/30 and noticed that my interview link disappeared this morning. I called Drexel to doublecheck and it looks like my file goes to committee tomorrow! A little surreal to think that while I drink my morning coffee in CA, my future is being decided several time zones away! Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else going to committee with me tomorrow!

That is great news! I hope everything works out for you. With any luck, I'll see you at orientation in August!!! :luck:

It appears that Drexel doesn't believe in first come first serve b/c some ppl are receiving decisions before other ppl who interviewed earlier, in some cases more than just a few weeks earlier. I'm wondering whether the interviewer has something to do with it. So for all you guys who saw your link go away after only a couple weeks, with whom did you interview? It seems like you would have to wait longer if you had to go to Hahnemann vs. if you interviewed with either someone working on the AdCom or someone who had their office at the med school.

It appears that Drexel doesn't believe in first come first serve b/c some ppl are receiving decisions before other ppl who interviewed earlier, in some cases more than just a few weeks earlier. I'm wondering whether the interviewer has something to do with it. So for all you guys who saw your link go away after only a couple weeks, with whom did you interview? It seems like you would have to wait longer if you had to go to Hahnemann vs. if you interviewed with either someone working on the AdCom or someone who had their office at the med school.

Well if that's true, it wasn't the case for me. My interview link went away ~2 weeks (and I got the acceptance letter about a week after that) after my interview at Hahnemann. Granted the people on Queens Ln might be more likely to attend the meetings regularly than those at Hahnemann, but its certainly not a hard and fast rule.

My friend interviewed w/ Dr. Hanau (Dean of Admissions) and didn't receive word until 12-13 weeks later.

I was wondering...those of you who had a relatively quick decision made (< 3 weeks), did you send a letter of intent beforehand?:confused:

I did interview with someone whose office is at the Queen Ln campus, but I think it also has to do with interviewer personality. At the end of the interview, my interviewer told me I should expect to hear from the committee very soon and just came off as being very prompt and direct.

Hey everyone! I turned in my deposit for Drexel already but I just got accepted to my state school yesterday. Therefore, I want to know how I can withdraw myself so that someone else can have the spot. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I turned in my deposit for Drexel already but I just got accepted to my state school yesterday. Therefore, I want to know how I can withdraw myself so that someone else can have the spot. Thanks!

try to get your deposit back to treat us crawfish chipmunk :D :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering...those of you who had a relatively quick decision made (< 3 weeks), did you send a letter of intent beforehand?:confused:

just got my drexel acceptance on monday (in Minneapolis) from interview on 20 March. didn't send a letter of intent and was worried because both my faculty and student lunch interview seemed impossibly short (15 minutes for faculty, though he was extremely nice) ... so don't stress too much (even though i did)... barring some waitlist movement at other schools, i hope to be seeing some of you in philly in august! :)

looks like i'm going to be waiting a while..

Agreed. Just be patient. Revisit this question again if in fact you get placed on their waitlist.

Thanks. I guess it's a crapshoot as to how long it will take for your application to go to committee. :oops:

got my letter today. :hardy:

int. 3/27
link gone 4/6
letter 4/15

just got my drexel acceptance on monday (in Minneapolis) from interview on 20 March. didn't send a letter of intent and was worried because both my faculty and student lunch interview seemed impossibly short (15 minutes for faculty, though he was extremely nice) ... so don't stress too much (even though i did)... barring some waitlist movement at other schools, i hope to be seeing some of you in philly in august! :)

congrats dghannah! i was there on 3/20 also. do you remember me, hahah i showed up a little late that morning. anyway i also was accepted! anyway, didn't they say that they'd get back to us 6-8 weeks? well it only took them 3.. so i was very surprised when my roommate ran to me (he's taking the mcat and applying next year) with the envelope!

i also didn't send a LOI.

congrats dghannah! i was there on 3/20 also. do you remember me, hahah i showed up a little late that morning. anyway i also was accepted! anyway, didn't they say that they'd get back to us 6-8 weeks? well it only took them 3.. so i was very surprised when my roommate ran to me (he's taking the mcat and applying next year) with the envelope!

Congrats to both of you!! :thumbup:

don't know if i remember exactly who you are... but i'm the one with the horrible minnesotan accent and really long black curly hair... i liked drexel a lot (hard to admit, but more than i thought i would) .... i'm very excited! :)

got my letter today. :hardy:

int. 3/27
link gone 4/6
letter 4/15

You interviewed the day after me! They must really like you! :bow:

No love yet :(

Oh yeah...BUMP

Hey guys. Just thought you all should know that I've just declined my acceptance at Drexel, so here's to hoping that spot goes to one of y'all. Best of luck! :thumbup:

Hey guys. Just thought you all should know that I've just declined my acceptance at Drexel, so here's to hoping that spot goes to one of y'all. Best of luck! :thumbup:

i love you

6 weeks and i still have an interview link... :scared:

Hello everyone,

I was interviewed early April at Drexel. I have a quick question for you all. When you talk about the 'interview link' are you referring to the link on BannerWeb that says "View your Interview Appointment "? I just want to make absolutely sure

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I was interviewed early April at Drexel. I have a quick question for you all. When you talk about the 'interview link' are you referring to the link on BannerWeb that says "View your Interview Appointment "? I just want to make absolutely sure

Thanks

Yep, that link will disappear when they've reached a decision. After it goes away, the decision comes via snail mail (acceptance, waitlist, and rejection) in 1-2 weeks.

Thank you for clearing that up Soggun. It's only been two weeks for me so mine's still up!

Thank you for clearing that up Soggun. It's only been two weeks for me so mine's still up!

I interviewed early april too, so post when your link disappears.

No problem. I got my response in 3 weeks (link went away in 2), but there are plenty on here that had to wait 8+ weeks, so don't get too discouraged if it doesn't come immediately - there doesn't appear to be any link between length of time and acceptance rate. Anyway, good luck! :luck:

When does the committe meet? I think they told us when we interviewed but I can't seem to remember.

When does the committe meet? I think they told us when we interviewed but I can't seem to remember.

They meet every Thursday. So if your link recently disappeared, you're most likely going to committee tomorrow.

I just heard, I'm in!! Interviewed 2/28, acceptance leter dated 3/14, got my packet yesterday (3/27). Good luck everyone:) :) :D :) :)

Congratulations Ashley,
See I knew you were a shoe-in! Good stuff, are you going to Drexel for sure? I haven't heard from them yet, called today, but I haven't gone to committee yet. Sigh... starting to get ready for the 2008 applications :scared: oh well, gotta keep on truckin' :laugh:
Carlos

Does anyone know if letter of intent helps alot BEFORE a decision is made? or more so, after one is waitlisted etc

Does anyone know if letter of intent helps alot BEFORE a decision is made? or more so, after one is waitlisted etc

LOI to Drexel may help, but I have not heard that it does much as far as Drexel is concerned. I would not waste my time on it IMO. They know you want to be a doctor and that you're interested in going to Drexel just by going to the interview. The only intent they want is the large deposit after acceptance due later this spring.

I really doubt it will do anything. It's probably best to save your letter mailing until you hear whether you have been accepted or waitlisted. Like Bernie said, they really do have all that they need right now. But then again, I have no special insight into what they committee values, so just take my opinion for what it is.

My file went to committee last Thursday, so I called the Admissions Office today to see when my letter had been sent out (yes, I am eager). I then found out that although my file did go to committee, it did not come up for decision! I didn't even know that was a possibility!! :eek:

The committee met today and apparently they are also having a special session tomorrow, so good luck to everyone who's still waiting. :luck:

I was just informed my deferal request was denied for some ungodly reason. I'll see you guys in the fall, i guess

does the link go away when your file goes to committee OR when they reach a decision?

They meet every Thursday. So if your link recently disappeared, you're most likely going to committee tomorrow.

So does the link disappear on Thursday then? or Friday? Have peoples' links gone away on every day of the week or just on one particular day?

lol Thanks lads. I guess I could just wait for the post to come, but that would be too easy :)

My file went to committee last Thursday, so I called the Admissions Office today to see when my letter had been sent out (yes, I am eager). I then found out that although my file did go to committee, it did not come up for decision! I didn't even know that was a possibility!! :eek:

The committee met today and apparently they are also having a special session tomorrow, so good luck to everyone who's still waiting. :luck:

yep exactly my story. I didn't call today though, since my link is still here I think they haven't made the decision. I might call them tomorrow.

and what makes me really nervous and really sad is that I interviewed 02/06 ..:(

So does the link disappear on Thursday then? or Friday? Have peoples' links gone away on every day of the week or just on one particular day?

My link went away on 04/11 (a Wed.), the day before my file went to committee. In response to an earlier post, I think the link disappears when your file is set to go to committee, and does not necessarily mean a decision has been made, as I learned today. :(

yep exactly my story. I didn't call today though, since my link is still here I think they haven't made the decision. I might call them tomorrow.

and what makes me really nervous and really sad is that I interviewed 02/06 ..:(

Mah...not trying to rain on your parade...but out of curiosity, how did you know your file went to committee if your link didn't go away?

Wow. I just re-read your post...you've been waiting a long time! Here's to hoping for acceptances (and soon) for both of us!!

My link went away on 04/11 (a Wed.), the day before my file went to committee. In response to an earlier post, I think the link disappears when your file is set to go to committee, and does not necessarily mean a decision has been made, as I learned today. :(

Thanks mate, I appreciate it! I'll have to check every day then

Good luck to everyone

In response to an earlier post, I think the link disappears when your file is set to go to committee, and does not necessarily mean a decision has been made, as I learned today. :(

That's true. My link went away a looong time ago (in my anxious eyes anyway) and I still have yet to read my decision. It goes away because your file is going to committee.

I don't understand how it works for the people who've been waiting awhile and then the link disappears. Has that file been sitting for months or has it been continuously reviewed and the applicant just never noticed the link appearing and disappearing?
One of the great mysteries of the universe...

That's true. My link went away a looong time ago (in my anxious eyes anyway) and I still have yet to read my decision. It goes away because your file is going to committee.

I don't understand how it works for the people who've been waiting awhile and then the link disappears. Has that file been sitting for months or has it been continuously reviewed and the applicant just never noticed the link appearing and disappearing?
One of the great mysteries of the universe...

Be careful that they have the right address, my letter was sent to my fraternity house that I last lived at over 2 years ago.

Also, they only review you once. Then you get a decision. It takes between 1-2 weeks for them to process your letter and could be a bit longer for it to get to you. Or they process it right way. You can tell by now that it is not organized.