Drinking...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Geoff

Mzungu
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN'rs,
In highschool It was sort of a weekend thing, and now that I am in college I have really calmed down, which is a good thing, considering my medical school aspirations. The problem is that some nights I wouldn't mind bonging a few beers and getting wasted, but I always thinkg I'm going to kill off the brain cells and forget my cell bio or something. How realistic is this, I think I'm just to paranoid, I am in undergrad only once? Let me know....
Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

Paranoid. In fact it's not all that bad to go out and tie one on every now and then. Alcohol is a great way to socialize and have fun. With that said be smart about it. Drink in moderation. Peace.

I'm drunk three nights a week! At least!

But you can see that I ....What was I talking about again? Sorry..I'm drunk!

Members don't see this ad :)
you got plenty of brain cells don't worry about killing a few

dude, there aint nothign wrong with drinkign1! I'm a junior and I'm completley wasted right now !!! Yeah, eveyrhitn is like spinning and ****!!! Omg, it feels good to let looses man, !!1 jUst go tget some ho's and get wasted and do beer bongs and al that stuff!! Its feraking aesoem1

•••quote:•••Originally posted by mrhdream81:
•dude, there aint nothign wrong with drinkign1! I'm a junior and I'm completley wasted right now !!! Yeah, eveyrhitn is like spinning and ****!!! Omg, it feels good to let looses man, !!1 jUst go tget some ho's and get wasted and do beer bongs and al that stuff!! Its feraking aesoem1
1•••••LOL

Believe me, med students don't care about killing brain cells. We need to do something to get our minds off all that biochemistry. :wink:

This month's issue of "Reader's Digest" has an article about binge drinking in young people and research that has been done on its effects on the brain. Read it, and you guys might have a slightly different opinion about whether it has a significant effect on your brain or not. I will say that after reading that article I was glad I had never done much drinking. Just thought you guys might be interested.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by irongirl:
•This month's issue of "Reader's Digest" has an article about binge drinking in young people and research that has been done on its effects on the brain. Read it, and you guys might have a slightly different opinion about whether it has a significant effect on your brain or not. I will say that after reading that article I was glad I had never done much drinking. Just thought you guys might be interested.•••••can u link us????????

•••quote:•••Originally posted by KING LEAR:
•Bonging a few beers?????

What?•••••Beer bongs! Come on man...you're from watts...you should know about this!

bet this is gonna be moved to the lounge soon :)

Here's a link you were probably talking about:

<a href="http://www.rd.com/common/nav/index.jhtml?articleId=9519806&channelId=3&subChannelId=13" target="_blank">Binge Drinking</a>

Scooby... no, that's not the same article, it was titled "This is Your Brain on Vodka"... I haven't looked for it online, I just happened to read it in the magazine.