Dropping a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted388502

hey,

I'm a sophomore neuroscience major currently enrolled in organic chemistry, organic chemistry lab, a writing class, research credit, and a neuroscience anatomy class. that anatomy class is kicking my ass but I've been powering through..until I went to my prof's office hours today and she told me to drop the class.
I would have to take a W. We haven't had an exam yet but I can't drop after the exam. I have a 3.6 GPA, 3.5 science, and I've finished all of the hard neuroscience classes in my major except this one. I started working 25 hours a week this year, I got really involved with school, and I feel like I'm neglecting organic chemistry because I'm so involved and I feel like I could do really well in it..my first exam for organic is the day after my first exam for neuro and I feel like I'm going to get decimated this week.

Should I take the W? My end goal is to be competitive for out of state schools, possibly thinking MD/PHd...would this hurt me? I would have to retake this class later on obviously becuase it's for my major, but I'm planning on taking anatomy before so I can get some background.

Any insights appreciated. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

I'm a sophomore neuroscience major currently enrolled in organic chemistry, organic chemistry lab, a writing class, research credit, and a neuroscience anatomy class. that anatomy class is kicking my ass but I've been powering through..until I went to my prof's office hours today and she told me to drop the class.
I would have to take a W. We haven't had an exam yet but I can't drop after the exam. I have a 3.6 GPA, 3.5 science, and I've finished all of the hard neuroscience classes in my major except this one. I started working 25 hours a week this year, I got really involved with school, and I feel like I'm neglecting organic chemistry because I'm so involved and I feel like I could do really well in it..my first exam for organic is the day after my first exam for neuro and I feel like I'm going to get decimated this week.

Should I take the W? My end goal is to be competitive for out of state schools, possibly thinking MD/PHd...would this hurt me? I would have to retake this class later on obviously becuase it's for my major, but I'm planning on taking anatomy before so I can get some background.

Any insights appreciated. thanks!

You don't need to cross post your threads. I answered you in the what are my chances posting.

sorry can someone delete this?! i didn't realize i had double posted. my bad!!!!!