m_tsflame

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey SDN,

So I was part of an "Early College" type high school where we only took college courses for our junior and senior years. I did really well (~3.9) in every semester but my first semester of junior year(3.15), including a C+ in an Accelerated Calc Class. I just realized that I need to report these courses to med schools and I'm nervous that this one semester in high school could derail my chances for the top-tier med schools. My grades from my full-time institution are also good as well so it's really this one high school semester that worries me.
That being said I just wanted to know how much dual enrollment grades factor into admissions decisions. Hopefully, my actual college grades are weighted more.

Thanks for the help!

HomeSkool

Excelsior! ASA Member!
5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2013
Floating in the ether
gas-words.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
A single C+ in a class in high school won't disqualify you from anything at all, ever. Even if it was a college class.

If you're wrapped around the axle about going to a "top-tier" school, you'll go crazy. Just do the very best you can and see where that makes you competitive. If it's top-tier, great. If not, you can still be a doctor, have a fulfilling career, and be as great as you want to be. Tom Brady was pick #199. (Patriots haters: please know that I'm not a Patriots fan, and also that I don't care about your tantrums.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

m_tsflame

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
A single C+ in a class in high school won't disqualify you from anything at all, ever. Even if it was a college class.

If you're wrapped around the axle about going to a "top-tier" school, you'll go crazy. Just do the very best you can and see where that makes you competitive. If it's top-tier, great. If not, you can still be a doctor, have a fulfilling career, and be as great as you want to be. Tom Brady was pick #199. (Patriots haters: please know that I'm not a Patriots fan, and also that I don't care about your tantrums.)
Thank you so much for this. I guess I was just being neurotic :|.

HomeSkool

Excelsior! ASA Member!
5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2013
Floating in the ether
gas-words.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.