• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

nacure

10+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I've come to know some dentists have more than one specialties.
I wonder whether it means the dentist just graduated more than one residency programs or boarded on more than one specialties. which is correct?
Can you get two or more board in USA?

toofache32

15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have no idea what you're really asking. A healthcare provider may obtain as many boards as he/she desires....as long as they fulfill the requirements for each one.

nacure

10+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I read this in the guide of american board of prosthodontics.

Limited Practice—Dentists who have successfully completed an advanced prosthodontic education program which is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation may ethically limit their practice to prosthodontics, subject to individual state guidelines.

So, I am asking.

About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
It means that it is unethical for a general dentist to limit his practice to only prosthodontics. Therefore, according to the American Board of Prosth., only prosthodontists (those that graduate from accredited post-graduate prosth. programs) should ethically limit their practice to prosth.

Note that these are not legal guidelines, but ethical guidelines. The American Dental Association agrees with such ethical guidelines.

nacure

10+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It means that it is unethical for a general dentist to limit his practice to only prosthodontics. Therefore, according to the American Board of Prosth., only prosthodontists (those that graduate from accredited post-graduate prosth. programs) should ethically limit their practice to prosth.

Note that these are not legal guidelines, but ethical guidelines. The American Dental Association agrees with such ethical guidelines.

oh.. thanks.

I misunderstood that.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.