DUI after medical school acceptance...don't loose hope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its ok man...m not judging you..just pointing out that your argument is getting weaker and weaker
Then your reading comprehension is lacking. Drunk driving is wrong and it is easy to not drive drunk.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Then your reading comprehension is lacking. Drunk driving is wrong and it is easy to not drive drunk.
my comprehension skills are perfectly fine...your argumentative skills on the other hand needs a lot of work lol

Members don't see this ad :)
my comprehension skills are perfectly fine...your argumentative skills on the other hand needs a lot of work lol
Feel free to describe how either...
1) drunk driving isn't wrong
Or
2) it is hard to not drive drunk

I don't drink alcohol, period. Never have.
Yup, if your buddies sticked to that then you guys had some ground to stand on, but unfortunately two of your buddies drink and drive and you were a pot smokin hippie so for me thats the end of the argument right there lol

Feel free to describe how either...
1) drunk driving isn't wrong
Or
2) it is hard to not drive drunk
Dude you are forgetting the main point of the argument its not about " whether drinking and driving is bad" its about whether " DUI warrants a guy to give up his career " then they talk about comprehension skills lol

I think all we can do at this point is agree to disagree.
yup I agree with that ..but it was a healthy discussion...I had fun...glad OP realized his mistake and will never drink and drive again, glad he was given a second chance, glad that now we actually have a real reference for this situation, and finally glad that there is now definitive proof that honesty is the best policy in the application process.

Reactions: 1 user
yup I agree with that ..but it was a healthy discussion...I had fun...glad OP realized his mistake and will never drink and drive again, glad he was given a second chance, glad that now we actually have a real reference for this situation, and finally glad that there is now definitive proof that honesty is the best policy in the application process.
The discussion was many things but "healthy" was not one of them.

Reactions: 3 users
I will always find it weird that people think a person's potential as a doctor can be sized up by one instance of bad judgment. If we could see into the lives of applicants like omnipotent monitors, the negative or positive details from that would tower over the officially recorded, tiny peak into someone's life. I just always find it silly.

That's a very valid and important point. I don't think there's anyone here -- OK, anyone alive over the age of 25 -- who hasn't done something, and some point, that would cause someone to question their judgement or character.

The decision to drive after drinking was absolutely not "a flattering snapshot" of the OP's life. It was an undeniably bad decision that could have had disastrous consequences for multiple people. Luckily, it didn't. @philosonista makes the important point that this incident provides only the tiniest slice in insight into the OP's life, decisions and character.

To condemn him forever based on that one tiny slice is judgmental hubris of the highest order.

Reactions: 6 users
Pretty much bro. And don't be surprised if that happens again. That said please don't delete yourself on my account because SDN won't change. Actually my dad was among the first SDN pioneers. He knew the DO family practice guy who started this website. I think wingulascapula or whatever shes called knows it - things change quickly in the online community. Call yourself an adcom and your d will be sucked throughly- even if its for a DO school nobody would ever want to go to like Goro's.

Edit: As for @LizzyM - anyone can look up what she said about Asians. But again, the allo-adcom barrier keeps her protected here. I asked her repeatedly to clarify via PM but she never responded. Her M.O.: asian MCAT-discrimination is highly valid. Ask her yourself how she views Asian applicants and let me know what PC-BS she says now. To this day I'm trying to figure out what school she represents so we can save Asian applicants app fees.

Puh-leeze -- It was not the fact of your disagreement; it was the tone that landed you on probation. You do not appear to have learned anything.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.