DUKE-NUS Reapplicants who got an offer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.zee.13

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Reapplicant here. Wanted to ask those who got an offer as a reapplicant, what did you add to your second application that you think really helped you get the offer?

Also, what are the new things that you highlighted?

Would really help:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm a re-applicant and a MS1 now.

I'm not sure what were the exact things that helped in my re-application. What was different between my previous application and the latest one was my involvement in volunteering work and medical attachments did help. I also took part in the Prehealth Experiential Programme 2018 but not sure how much it helped.

I think what is most important is highlighting on how you've reflected on your previous application.

Hope that helps. You can PM me through this forum if you want to find out more. =)

Hi,
Reapplicant here. Wanted to ask those who got an offer as a reapplicant, what did you add to your second application that you think really helped you get the offer?

Also, what are the new things that you highlighted?

Would really help:)

Hi,

I'm not sure what were the exact things that helped in my re-application. What was different between my previous application and the latest one was my involvement in volunteering work and medical attachments did help. I also took part in the Prehealth Experiential Programme 2018 but not sure how much it helped.

I think what is most important is highlighting on how you've reflected on your previous application.

Hope that helps. You can PM me through this forum if you want to find out more. =)

Thank you for the reply! Gives hope that reapplicants can have a good chance:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Our class has more than one student who are reapplicants so you definitely have a good chance.

All the best for your application!

Thank you for the reply! Gives hope that reapplicants can have a good chance:)

Our class has more than one student who are reapplicants so you definitely have a good chance.

All the best for your application!

Hi, just would like to ask as a reapplicant, did you also retake MCAT or GAMSAT for the second application?

Hi, just would like to ask as a reapplicant, did you also retake MCAT or GAMSAT for the second application?
I retook MCAT because they were still using the old MCAT when I applied previously.

Hi,

may I ask if we need to rewrite the essays other than personal statement, like "dilemma" and "personal and professional goals"?

If you’re a reapplicant, they’ll usually ask what has changed since your last applicant day. That’s the major difference. Other than that the other questions are around the same.

Thanks mate! for the two interviews, were there any difference?

may I ask if we need to rewrite the essays other than personal statement, like "dilemma" and "personal and professional goals"?
Back when I first applied, I had to write 4 essays but I think it’s down to 2 now.

Technically you could use the same essays but you can also try to highlight your reflection on the previous application and/or any additional experiences you gained. I think that would help.