You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
China and Eastern Asia 2022-2023 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application
Started by reposff
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nah, anecdotally they do give quite a lot of their acceptances towards Feb-May, and still do consider later applications. The early application deadline advantages exceptionally strong students, but being later (even interviewed in March, for example) is not a huge disadvantage.Hi, ill be giving my gamsat this September. So, ill be applying in November after I get my results which is quite late. Would I be severely disadvantaged because of this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s highly competitive for JC students to experience shadowing in a healthcare environment. The ones being accepted are usually from HCI/RI/VJC and I’ve never heard of post uni students getting it.Hi everyone. I am planning to apply in the next year's cycle. Could anyone share info about local shadowing programme? I saw NUHS and SKH provide such opportunities. Are they difficult to get into? Thanks a lot!
In past years, invitations weren't sent out until about a week prior. So hang in there!Anyone attending the applicant day on October 10?
Hello, me! Got my invitation last week.Anyone attending the applicant day on October 10?
Hello! Can I clarify if you mean you were interviewed last week (for the Sept 12 AD), or you received the invite for the Oct 10 AD last week? In Duke-NUS' most recent Q&A session, and also on the website, they said that invites are given 1-2 weeks prior. So, it's a bit confusing if there are some who get it around a month priorHello, me! Got my invitation last week.
I received the invite last week, and my AD will be on 10 Oct!Hello! Can I clarify if you mean you were interviewed last week (for the Sept 12 AD), or you received the invite for the Oct 10 AD last week? In Duke-NUS' most recent Q&A session, and also on the website, they said that invites are given 1-2 weeks prior. So, it's a bit confusing if there are some who get it around a month prior
Hmm I'm not too sure, but what I remember was that invites are given at least 1 week prior? So it's still possible to receive the invite earlier than that.
sleepinghorse
New Member
Anyone attending the applicant day on October 10?
I also received an invite a couple of days ago for the October 10 AD!
For those who got AD invites, what were your stats like?
my DMs are open if you dont feel comfy sharing it here!
my DMs are open if you dont feel comfy sharing it here!
Last edited:
sleepinghorse
New Member
I think they did, welpJust recieve the schedule of the applicant day. Do they remove the TeamLead session?
Though I did send an email asking about it anyway so we'll see
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It will be soooo disappointing if they remove the teamlead section as this is the section that I look most forward to participate in...I think they did, welp
Though I did send an email asking about it anyway so we'll see
Can anyone shed some light on what the format of the Applicant Day is? What exactly is the written exercise?
sleepinghorse
New Member
The Applicant Day consists of some talks about the school followed by two interviews. Just prep for the standard med school questions and be aware about what you had written in your application.
The written exercise is a situational judgement test (MCQ format, mostly asks about ethical dilemmas).
The written exercise is a situational judgement test (MCQ format, mostly asks about ethical dilemmas).
adoctornamedkafka
New Member
Hey yall! Anyone receive their invite for 7th Nov's Applicant day?
Hey there! I’m also going on 7 Nov!Hey yall! Anyone receive their invite for 7th Nov's Applicant day?
chasingdreams11
New Member
Hello! Could you share when did you submit your application, please?Hey there! I’m also going on 7 Nov!
those going for the 7th nov AD, when did y’all submit your app?
Anyone received AD for 21 yet?
Anyone received AD for 21 yet?
adoctornamedkafka
New Member
Hi all! Posting here again as an update. Just received my invite for 21st Nov! Hope to see yall there!
Also, if it helps anyone get a better assessment of their situation, some additional details:
Application submitted : 28/09/2022
MCAT : 520
(Feel free to DM me for any additional info / questions)
Also, if it helps anyone get a better assessment of their situation, some additional details:
Application submitted : 28/09/2022
MCAT : 520
(Feel free to DM me for any additional info / questions)
I attended the first applicant day on Sept 12 but yet to hear back. Anyone else?
Offers arent out so early, they said mid nov onwards, which can be later than that
Oh I see, when/where was this mentioned?Offers arent out so early, they said mid nov onwards, which can be later than that
through email. u can always just email them to ask about the timeline etcOh I see, when/where was this mentioned?
Got the offer at 6.05pm today!! Attended the AD on Sept 12. All the best to everyone else who is waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!!Got the offer at 6.05pm today!! Attended the AD on Sept 12. All the best to everyone else who is waiting
Yes for Nov 21, received on Nov 4Hi, anyone received invitation to AD on 21th Nov or 12th Dec?
Thank you.Yes for Nov 21, received on Nov 4
All the best for AD tomorrow.🙂Yes for Nov 21, received on Nov 4
I received and accepted the invitation for 12th Dec. Still waiting for further details about the day though.Hi, anyone received invitation to the 12th Dec AD???
That’s great! Good luck with your upcoming ADI received and accepted the invitation for 12th Dec. Still waiting for further details about the day though.
Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application and when you received the invitation??? This will certainly help those who are anxiously waiting for the invitation. 😊
That’s great! Good luck with your upcoming AD
Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application and when you received the invitation??? This will certainly help those who are anxiously waiting for the invitation. 😊
Hi and thanks! I am happy to share but maybe my situation is quite out of the norm.
I submitted my application for the MD-PhD program on 31st Oct. But I actually requested for the 12 Dec AD because I would be in Singapore for my sister's wedding. The other months would be bad because of the expensive flight tickets...
Another user asked me about my stats through PM:
I graduated from an Australian university with GPA ~3.9/4 and 1st class honors. I have worked as a research assistant in the US for about 3 years now. I took the MCAT in July 2022 and have a score of 520.
Happy to answer any more questions you have!
earlgreymilktea
New Member
Hi, anyone from the Oct AD received an offer yet? ☺️
Thank you for sharing! Your GPA and MCAT are both impressive!Hi and thanks! I am happy to share but maybe my situation is quite out of the norm.
I submitted my application for the MD-PhD program on 31st Oct. But I actually requested for the 12 Dec AD because I would be in Singapore for my sister's wedding. The other months would be bad because of the expensive flight tickets...
Another user asked me about my stats through PM:
I graduated from an Australian university with GPA ~3.9/4 and 1st class honors. I have worked as a research assistant in the US for about 3 years now. I took the MCAT in July 2022 and have a score of 520.
Happy to answer any more questions you have!
It is good the school can accommodate your schedule! This can save time and flight ticket 😝 congratulations to your sister too😊
By the way, have you also applied for US and Australian medical schools?
I applied to some US medical schools for their MD-PhD programs too. I did not apply to any AUS schools.Thank you for sharing! Your GPA and MCAT are both impressive!
It is good the school can accommodate your schedule! This can save time and flight ticket 😝 congratulations to your sister too😊
By the way, have you also applied for US and Australian medical schools?
Thank you! I hope I'm not the only one at the applicant day HAHAI see! Good luck with the AD Tmr!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, darhhles! Would you be ok sharing with us your stats?hey everyone, received my offer on 2 December! received my financial aid information a few days later on 5 December. I attended AD on 10 October 🙂 all the best to everyone!!!
Thanks! Feel free to DM me if anyone wants to know 🙂Congrats, darhhles! Would you be ok sharing with us your stats?
Hi Guys! I have a few mcat books I am selling these are second hand material I used for 2017 mcat exams and would love to let them go at a cheaper price. If anyone is interested please dm me for interest and I will be able to share the prices I am letting them go at. Wishing everyone a blessed time with the mcat! 🙂
happy new year! has anyone from the Nov7 interview heard back?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 25
- Views
- 16K
- Replies
- 237
- Views
- 107K