2022-2023 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those of u who are waiting to hear back after attending the applicant day, is the status on ur application portal "submitted" or "under review"? mine just says "submitted"

Members don't see this ad.

for those of u who are waiting to hear back after attending the applicant day, is the status on ur application portal "submitted" or "under review"? mine just says "submitted"
Mine still shows 'submitted' :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the 7th/21st Nov or Durham applicant days heard back so far? Feels like there has been no news so far🥲

For those who got the jan interview, when was the interview date for January? Seems pretty quiet - no one I know went for jan interview?

For those who got the jan interview, when was the interview date for January? Seems pretty quiet - no one I know went for jan interview?
According to the duke-nus website, the applicant day for Jan was on 9 Jan! I don’t know anyone who went for it though.

Accepted! Got an email today about my admissions decision (had to check portal for status update). Attended Nov 3rd AD in Durham.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I got accepted today from the Nov 3rd AD as well!
Same here!! Also just heard back from the AD in Durham!! Couldn't be even happier :)
For those who have already heard back from the school, shall we start a What's App or GroupMe group??

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Atten

Same here!! Also just heard back from the AD in Durham!! Couldn't be even happier :)
For those who have already heard back from the school, shall we start a What's App or GroupMe group??
I vote WhatsApp because I don't have GroupMe :)

I vote WhatsApp because I don't have GroupMe :)
would telegram be better so there is no need to divulge personal numbers among one another? and perhaps those who got in can DM Raymond directly instead of posting it in the thread - so we can keep the thread focused to those awaiting for outcomes/going for interviews else it is too much extra messages to sieve through for newcomers

PS raymond would you kindly open DMs so those successful ones who wants to join the group can DM? :)

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
would telegram be better so there is no need to divulge personal numbers among one another? and perhaps those who got in can DM Raymond directly instead of posting it in the thread - so we can keep the thread focused to those awaiting for outcomes/going for interviews else it is too much extra messages to sieve through for newcomers

PS raymond would you kindly open DMs so those successful ones who wants to join the group can DM? :)

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the kind suggestion! Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with telegram at all and haven't even used it before :( If others also want to use this APP maybe someone that knows the telegram well can start the group for us? Much appreciated!

Hii, has anyone from the Nov/Dec SG applicant day received notifications from Duke-NUS? 🥲

anyone know if bursary and merit scholarship come together or separately?

Upon browsing the internet, I found many complaints about the medical train in Singapore such as few residency spots and consultants spots.

The long years of training, heavy workload, and low salary as junior doctors do not concern me as it is the same in many other countries. However, I am wondering if anyone can provide an accurate estimate of the percentage of medical school graduates that go into residency.

The bursary for me came a few days after the acceptance. I believe the merit scholarships will be given out between March and June, so they'll be separate.

Hi, anyone is applying for Duke-NUS QBM/IBM PhD program?

Upon browsing the internet, I found many complaints about the medical train in Singapore such as few residency spots and consultants spots.

The long years of training, heavy workload, and low salary as junior doctors do not concern me as it is the same in many other countries. However, I am wondering if anyone can provide an accurate estimate of the percentage of medical school graduates that go into residency.
It varies year to year. Not a lot. And residencies are competitive, most residents are from yll/Lkc not duke. U can see the distribution of where duke ppl go to after grad on their website. Those in residency, most go IM and FM. About 50% of cohort in residency incl 25% in IM and 12% FM.

It varies year to year. Not a lot. And residencies are competitive, most residents are from yll/Lkc not duke. U can see the distribution of where duke ppl go to after grad on their website. Those in residency, most go IM and FM. About 50% of cohort in residency incl 25% in IM and 12% FM.
I guess 50% is an okay number. Most residents are from yll/lkc- it is because they have a much larger class cohort or is it because they have a higher rate of acceptance?

Hii, has anyone from the Nov/Dec SG applicant day received notifications from Duke-NUS? 🥲
I guess 50% is an okay number. Most residents are from yll/lkc- it is because they have a much larger class cohort or is it because they have a higher rate of acceptance?
Look at percentages with reference to cohort size. Not at absolute numbers.

Reactions: 1 user
Received an offer from Duke-NUS today! I attended the Oct 10th AD.

Reactions: 4 users
Received an offer from Duke-NUS today. I was in the 21st Nov AD but the school did not send an email. It was a status update on the application portal!

Reactions: 5 users
received an offer from Duke-NUS on Monday too! Attended the Sept AD. All the best to those who are still waiting!:giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Got my offer 2 weeks back! Am gonna start a telegram group for those who have accepted the offer. If y’all wanna join feel free to PM me your telegram handle and I’ll add y’all to the group :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, I got my offer last December but found no way to get in touch with anyone else. Now I just know this forum, and would like to ask if any foreigner like me is considering renting a house around SGH?

Separately, my bursary was given only one month after my accepting the offer and I was told that the merit scholarship would come in mid-March.

Hi everyone, I got my offer last December but found no way to get in touch with anyone else. Now I just know this forum, and would like to ask if any foreigner like me is considering renting a house around SGH?
Congrats on the acceptance! I'm also international and I believe there will be an online forum in April for international students to connect with each other and learn more about housing in Singapore.

Congrats on the acceptance! I'm also international and I believe there will be an online forum in April for international students to connect with each other and learn more about housing in Singapore.
Thanks! Since there is no student dormitory in Duke-NUS, it seems we need to find a suitable place on our own.
NUS did give a reference for off campus accommodation. Yoha: Pearls can be a suitable place with reasonable pricing and great geographical convenience. if not choosing from student hostiles or NUS Kent ridge residence, we may need to rent outside (which may be better).
We can discuss more in the telegram group and my telegram name is the same.

If there’s anyone who’s been rejected post interview / no interviews and are planning to reapply in later years, I am going to make a support group through this period (if enough are interested) and perhaps we can even hold study sessions for those retaking mcat etc , pls pm me if interested.

Applicants who initially did not make it, but subsequently got offered this round - we will be more than grateful if you could also give feedback to reapplicants in the same situation as you were years ago! Feel free to pm me too!

Hi all, I'm a newbie of this forum. My friends just recommended me this site a few days ago. I'm just wondering for those received an offer in this cycle, is a MCAT score 514 to 516 enough for admission? Anyone with that range of score could get in this round? Please dm me as I really hope to seek some advices from you guys. Your advice is appreciated! Thz a lot!

Hi all, I'm a newbie of this forum. My friends just recommended me this site a few days ago. I'm just wondering for those received an offer in this cycle, is a MCAT score 514 to 516 enough for admission? Anyone with that range of score could get in this round? Please dm me as I really hope to seek some advices from you guys. Your advice is appreciated! Thz a lot!
They look at it holistically, so a 514-516 does not guarantee acceptance and a 510-511 might be accepted if they are holistically more competitive than the 514-516 individual.

If you have questions, ask the adcoms directly, we can't be any better than them in advising what they are looking for

Interviewing at Durham in March 13. I was told that we will attend 2 rounds of faculty interviews and complete a written exercise. In an email they told me that the written excercise is "not an assessment activity" but does not specify what it is about. Does anyone know what the written excercise is about and will it be used to evaluate our candicacy?

Interviewing at Durham in March 13. I was told that we will attend 2 rounds of faculty interviews and complete a written exercise. In an email they told me that the written excercise is "not an assessment activity" but does not specify what it is about. Does anyone know what the written excercise is about and will it be used to evaluate our candicacy?
it's a situational judgement test, they said its used for putting u into groups if u get in

Will the Team-LEAD be part of the interview process? They told me they're not conducting Team Lead this cycle...
no it's not, the written exercise is for putting u into team-lead groups AFTER u get in

Reactions: 1 users