Duke SOM Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you get a phone call?

Coops

Members don't see this ad.

Wow congrats! :) :clap: :clap:

If anyone happens to get good news, please post where you live and when the letter was postmarked if you have time! :)

-Entol :clap:

All,

I don't think they will do phone calls this year. If they are doing them, it directly conflicts with their posting on the status page of your application:

<<To insure your privacy and the integrity of the admission process, no decisions will be discussed via telephone or transmitted via e-mail at any time or under any circumstance.>>

Coops

Members don't see this ad :)
Good point, but if there is one thing I have learned from this process is that med schools often say one thing and do another. That statement on Duke's status page could be referring to only official notifications, as that one Duke student said they were planning to call.

Who knows ?

I just called the admissions office. They said decisions are going out all this week and that "[you] should hear something by Friday."

Some decisions have already gone out, and others have yet to go out. They are not going in alphabetical order, I was told.

No method to the madness, arg! :rolleyes:

CCW

Congrats superk! Awesome news!

i went to check my mailbox after reading superk's message - some good news too :)

Large manila envelope
Letter dated Feb 27th, post-marked Feb 27th
I live in Washington, DC (letter was sent to my preferred mailing address)

hey guys,

is the acceptance letter priority mail?

Are acceptances going out early and waitlists/rejections later?

CCW

I havent gotten a letter yet but I just got a call like 5 min ago from one of the 4th years......im still all shaky from the excitement....

Nobody may want to share, but just out of curiosity, what kind of stats do those of you who got in have? When did you interview?

Has any one else gotten a phone call?

CCW

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by trudub
Nobody may want to share, but just out of curiosity, what kind of stats do those of you who got in have? When did you interview?

I got the acceptance today. I have 3.7/31Q/good EC's. Interviewed Jan 26.

Good luck!

Also, to those of you who also got the letter, did it say how long we have to reply? My mom has the letter and she says it doesn't say until May 15, but that sounds like too long.

Originally posted by emorygirl04
I got the acceptance today. I have 3.7/31Q/good EC's. Interviewed Jan 26.

Good luck!

Also, to those of you who also got the letter, did it say how long we have to reply? My mom has the letter and she says it doesn't say until May 15, but that sounds like too long.

did anyone else get a call?

CCW

Call received at 2:30 PM PST. No letter yet.

wow, this is painful. now with every passing minute i'm starting to feel like my chances are diminishing.

For those who got a call, did you all answer it in PERSON and physically speak with someone or did they leave a MESSAGE?

Thanks,
CCW

no letter or phone call today, but tomorrow is Super Tuesday ;)

My letter was postmarked on the 27th of Feb. I also got a call from a 4th year student this evening and spoke to her in person. She called pretty much to let me know about 2nd look weekend (March 26-28th).
If you have any other personal questions (like stats and stuff) you can message me.
Regarding the notification of acceptance i think they gave us 3 weeks to let them know. i dont have the letter in front of me right now so cant double check.

did everyone who got accepted get a call tonight???

hey guys,

i have not gotten a phone call, but i did get the letter today. i don't think the letter was priority mail (it doesn't say priority anywhere). I'm not sure what phone number I gave them, though.

We have 21 days (3 weeks) to reply.

for people who have gotten in....are you all pretty much set on becoming a blue devil? (im guessing theres still some out there waiting for some other schools).....wanted to get an idea of what you all were thinking.

I received an acceptance letter yesterday, and then an email today about the second look weekend. I also have a friend who is waiting to hear, so I was wondering- did anyone else get the email about the second look weekend? Has anyone gotten the second look email who hasn't gotten the snail mail acceptance?

heads up and congrats to all those who have gotten in.

you guys really deserve it. :)

CCW

anyone else get news from Duke today?

nope, and it's hell living in the midwest because it always takes an extra 2 days to get here from those east/west coast schools :(

-Entol

Hey,

I interviewed at duke late and am wondering if all of the decisions are going out this week or are the late interviews still going out later as an earlier poster stated? Thanks.

I know the feeling!! Should hear soon though.

I was wondering because I am anxious to hear and also interested in sending a letter of interest/intent I can't decide.

IMO it is too late for a LOI. If you get put on the waitlist then you may want to send an LOI. At this point though, I think decisions are made so you might as well wait it out.

Has anybody else received any notification from Duke? Seems like only 2 or 3 SDN people have gotten acceptances so far? Anybody in midwest or west coast receive anything?

No love or hate but my own craziness in Chicago here... okay, so there's supposed to be like um rain dances right? Anyone know any "big thick duke envelope" dances?

ps congrats again to superk and congrats to halfmoon, periodic, somekevinguy, and loosegoosey!

hmm..since a lot of people earlier in this thread said that decisions will be sent the middle of this week, i wonder if they just sent out a few acceptances to superstars on friday?? it seems like only a few people have gotten in so far... anyone know what's up?

Originally posted by jeeves3
Has anybody else received any notification from Duke? Seems like only 2 or 3 SDN people have gotten acceptances so far? Anybody in midwest or west coast receive anything?

I received the acceptance letter this morning in California.

I sent my withdrawal/decline letter to Duke this afternoon so hopefully someone on SDN will get a good surprise soon.

let me try to answer a few questions:

as far as interviewing late......i interviewed 2/16 (fairly late)...and received my acceptance yesterday (3/1)

As far as west coast/midwest......im in california.

hey guys, just wanted to congratulate all of you on the great news. duke is sweet - hope you guys have fun as blue devils :D maybe catch you guys as a resident sometime....

I'd put a lot of stock int he idea that all of us who have not heard from Duke will do so tomorrow in the form of a thin envelope.

Originally posted by trudub
anyone else get news from Duke today?

I got the letter in the mail on 3/1; postmarked 2/27; second look email 3/2; I'm in Louisiana

congrats and/or good luck!

Got my acceptance today in Los Angeles. Wow! it is now decision time.

mail came today. still no word from duke.

its pretty ****ty when a med school sends out a batch of acceptances then holds off on sending rejections/waitlists until one week later.

wait, so if we dont hear from duke by friday we can basically consider it a rejection/waitlist?

you are holding out way too much hope. if you didnt hear by YESTERDAY you can consider it a waitlist/rejection. we are all in the same boat :(

when i talked to the admissions office yesterday they said theyre sending out decisions all this week, so i figure im giving myself til next monday to expect an acceptance letter. after that i guess ill be more skeptical

I think unfortunately if you didn't receive the 2nd look email you're probably not accepted... I didn't :(

hey spider,

just quick clarification:

are they sending out "Decisions" all this week or "acceptances"? seems from viewing previous threads that they only have two mailings for acceptances, one big one and another for late interviewees (mid-late february) a week after. not sure though if this is true or not. i guess i'm just really antsy about getting a decision.