Duke SOM Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No letter yet, but I got the second look email and signed up for it. "The letter is forthcoming" ... apparently.

periodic. Your link is dead.

CCW

Ill be on again after 4 pm.

Members don't see this ad.

well, nothing in the mail today. So that means no letter, no phone call, no second look email or letter. Things arent lookin so good now...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from the admissions office that they are going to mail another batch of letters mid-week if we aren't among those that were sent Friday.

I'm not sure if "letters" includes acceptances or just rejects/waitlists, but I'm still holding out (remote amounts of) hope. Good luck to all those who haven't yet heard!

t-pie

Heard from the admissions office that letters are being handled by one person this year and the process is taking a little longer as a result. This one person is also in charge of sending out the emails.
2nd look weekend emails are sent out only _after_ acceptance letters physically leave the Duke admissions office. The lady said that they're hoping that they'll be done notifying acceptees by mid-week.

--Rager1

I hope you get in rager! ;)

-Ice

Thanks ice...but I'm not holding my breath...
just looking at their admissions numbers off of usnews, things don't bode well for me.

--Rager1

i've just about given up at this point. oh well.

bump. any news?

for some reason i decided to log in to the status page and it now says on the righthand bar that letters will be going out in march AND april. this is ridiculous!

I'm pretty sure it's said that (letters will be sent in march and april) the whole time. It's definitely said that for a while at least now. But yeah, i still havent heard a peep

I interviewed in friggin October...I think my answer is due. Sorry, a little frustrated over here.

Members don't see this ad :)
bump.

what is taking so long? has anyone called to see what day they are sending out another batch?

got a letter telling me i'm on the alternate list today. letter dated mar. 8, postmarked mar. 9.

Originally posted by heifer
got a letter telling me i'm on the alternate list today. letter dated mar. 8, postmarked mar. 9.

ahh, the first of the waitlist mohekans (sp) . I have a feeling there's one of those heading ol' Eliot Rosewater's way. oh well, being that I'm in @ Pitt, i'm not too bent about duke anymore. Go Panthers!

Originally posted by Mr. Rosewater
ahh, the first of the waitlist mohekans (sp) . I have a feeling there's one of those heading ol' Eliot Rosewater's way. oh well, being that I'm in @ Pitt, i'm not too bent about duke anymore. Go Panthers!

HOO beat the panthers in the tire bowl this year?

UVA!!!

CCW

Originally posted by Cooper_Wriston
HOO beat the panthers in the tire bowl this year?

UVA!!!

CCW

UVa? do they even have a hoops team? :)

Originally posted by Mr. Rosewater

oh no....this has fakeplaztiktree's name all over it :scared:

bump-

any acceptances or waitlists today?

this is taking forever....

i called and they said that more (and maybe final) decisions went out yesterday and that they included everything from accepts to rejects. g'luck to those still waiting.

No mail or email today. Days like today make me wonder if SDN really should allow these threads...

;) hang in there everyone. CW and the others who have heard good news in the past few days, congrats.

Waitlist or Rejection fer me --

doesn't matter, I'm out of the pool for this school!

good luck

WHAT IS THE DEAL?!

Anyone recieve any news yesterday or today? My good friend received a letter 12 DAYS AGO. Yeesh. And I thought waiting for my AMCAS to get verified was annoying! Maybe for our patience they will accept all of us still waiting?

I haven't heard anything yet either. And my mail doesnt get here until 4:30! I'm running out of activities to make the days go by faster

I got the waitlist letter yesterday...

still hearing crickets here in NY. i wonder what's up?

same for me in nyc. I'm sure they are waiting to give me my rejection letter on friday to ruin my weekend (again).

hi everyone,

i got my waitlist letter today.

Like those above: Waitlisted.

Good luck to the rest of those waiting...

for you guys who got letters today, when was it postmarked?

My first post. Rejected by Duke. Letter dated March 9th, postmarked on the 10th. Guess I'm off to UVA.

so i wonder if it really was all varieties of letters mailed on wed. so far it seems like only wlists and rejects.

The easy way to answer your question is to call or e-mail the admissions office. I would but I'm busy at work.

Crickets for me too. I love how they keep the wait as long as possible.

Hey Glacius, you a VA resident? :horns:

Originally posted by jjmack
The easy way to answer your question is to call or e-mail the admissions office. I would but I'm busy at work.

well, i did call the other day, and they said all varieties of letter had been sent on wed. however, i see only waitlists and rejections being posted, whereas at first it was only acceptances.

I doubt they would lie. They seemed pretty honest when I interviewed. I think we all forget that this msg board is not every pre=med.

Hey, TheFlash. Yup. VA is for hustlers. Will I be seeing you there in the fall?

Originally posted by jjmack
I doubt they would lie. They seemed pretty honest when I interviewed. I think we all forget that this msg board is not every pre=med.

haha, i guess you're right.

nothing yet again in the mail today here in new jersey

Originally posted by Glacius48
Hey, TheFlash. Yup. VA is for hustlers. Will I be seeing you there in the fall?

Heck yeah man, that's my motto. I'm weighing my out-of-state options at this point, since I certainly do like them better than the Virginia state schools. But things like promixity to my family and cost are weighing on my mind as well. So there's somewhat of a chance I'll end up at a state institution, like VCU/MCV or UVA.

<in best Adam Sandler SNL voice> Rejection.

Cheers all.

I'm surprised by how many outright rejections Duke sent. I got lucky and was waitlisted. Does anybody know how receptive Duke is to LOI? Does it influence their decisions one way or the other?

did you find out you got waitlisted today?

i dunno, maybe this whole painful app process has made me really cynical, but it seems like the longer you wait for a response, the worse the news is, despite schools always claiming that "all types of letters" have been sent out even on the last day, whenever someone calls to ask....

Gnarly, I've got another waitlist for to sit on. :horns:

I think Duke lost my application. Oh well too bad I liked the school...

I think Duke lost my application. Oh well too bad I liked the school...

Originally posted by oldtimer
I'm surprised by how many outright rejections Duke sent. I got lucky and was waitlisted. Does anybody know how receptive Duke is to LOI? Does it influence their decisions one way or the other?

I'm guessing they are pretty receptive to LOI's. In my thank you note to Duke after my interview I was pretty explicit about it being my #1 choice. I got an acceptance even though I was waitlisted at schools like Michigan and Northwestern, and didn't even get invited to interviews at some other top ten schools.

Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully I'll see you in Durham in the fall.