Dyachei's Anesthesia Class WW - Back to Basics

Started by dyachei
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The people you think are doing awesome are probably struggling in other classes and just keep it hidden.
Many of the people in our class that tended to show off (and are constantly involved in student activities and sucking up to professors) were the ones that bombed their exams last block. I mean full-on take the whole exam over again remediation. The neurotic ones that always thought they were not good enough and they'd fail were the ones that were way more likely to do well.
 
Many of the people in our class that tended to show off (and are constantly involved in student activities and sucking up to professors) were the ones that bombed their exams last block. I mean full-on take the whole exam over again remediation. The neurotic ones that always thought they were not good enough and they'd fail were the ones that were way more likely to do well.
I certainly hope this is true, especially come step 1 time
 
Many of the people in our class that tended to show off (and are constantly involved in student activities and sucking up to professors) were the ones that bombed their exams last block. I mean full-on take the whole exam over again remediation. The neurotic ones that always thought they were not good enough and they'd fail were the ones that were way more likely to do well.
There's a term for this, and I forget what it is, but the basic idea is that there is a threshold where confidence begins to have an inverse relationship with ability/performance. Severe overconfidence tends to lead to bad results. Of course, so does severe underconfidence. There's a happy medium in there somewhere.
 
There are few things I hate more than "I'm going to fail! I don't know any of this! Omg I'm so screwed!!!!"

Next day...

"What did you get? I got 97%"

I have an almost insurmountable urge to throw something at them each and every time.
Sadly this is me, though I rarely verbalize it to other people or tell them what the results were. I have a tendency to be too confident about things, so I have to talk myself into thinking that I won't do well, so that I'll put the effort in that will help me do well.
 
I just had to break the standard 16; sorry.

1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. Conflagration
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM

I've been telling myself I won't play these any more. At least if it is a basic one, it shouldn't be that time consuming.
 
1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM
19. Gwen
 
That's fine, that means we're guaranteed to stay in the game for that many lynches/night cycles
giphy.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe I've watched the one you're talking about, the one that's like 30 minutes with that Irish guy? I am familiar with what happens in BBS but it's not the same as playing through the whole game. Definitely no feels involved.
Definitely not. Though I've watched the BBS movie and I still had plenty of feels leftover.
 
I've only seen the first episode, and I've been meaning to get more into it. Sigh.... one day there will be time
MAKE TIME. You sincerely won't regret it. Plus, @Ashgirl and I are concocting a RWBY WW sometime in the near to more distant future.
 
@Ashgirl still exists? I thought she got eaten up by the vet school monster...
Hey now! I still exist 😛

...it's just the vet school monster won't allow for the WW world at the moment. :sorry: (though along the way I will hopefully be able to think of some ideas for a game with Gwen to be played during a break).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM
19. Gwen
20. Cyndia