Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

E/C Slots

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NewYorkDoc, Feb 14, 2007.

1. NewYorkDoc

2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    How many spaces are there for listings of e/c's? (Are there around 5 spaces or 10, etc)

2. Robizzle

Robizzle 1K Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    NewYorkDoc

2+ Year Member

On the AMCAS app or secondaries?

4. chad5871

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    15 spots on the AMCAS, not too sure about secondaries but I'm sure it varies...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Darkshooter326

Darkshooter326 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    There are 15 spots, but I know that I grouped together multiple related activities on my app.

6. foofish

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Right....and if you don't use all 15 spots it's fine (and better to have fewer than 15 experiences listed than to pad them with BS).

7. Haemulon

Haemulon Slippery When Wet
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think that its awesome you are getting an early start in thinking through this. I started working on mine in May. Don't try to actually start entering your information online in AMCAS yet though, because they have not yet switched the app to the next cycle (and most of your entered info will be dumped when they switch). Yep, I made that mistake and had to start over.

15 slots, complete with a respectable amount of space for a description of each one. You do not need to fill up the space, type as much as is appropriate for each activity. Some will only require one sentence perhaps, others may take a long paragraph depending on your style and what you have to say. Good luck!

8. BigRedPremed

BigRedPremed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have a question about this. If we group multiple EC's together, what do we put for contact info and dates?

9. OP
    OP
    NewYorkDoc

2+ Year Member

So, there are slots for e/c's on the secondaries as well? If so, how many have you guys that already applied typically encountered?

10. NN11

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
  11. Disinence2

Disinence2 Emergency Medicine
    Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey. I stressed out alot on how to input my activities. When it comes down to it though you have to realize that it will be read by poeple who are probably alot smarter than you. So as long as its clear to you and maybe some friends it should be fine. I left "average hours per week" blank on most of them and then explained it in the description.

I spent more time on my descriptions then on my personal statment.