1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Early Alternate/Wait List Movement??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by AgnesWickfield, Dec 15, 2008.

1. AgnesWickfield

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm wondering if anyone has heard of or been so lucky as to have been taken off of a wait list as early as Late December/January? I'm wondering because I know there is a Dec 15th deposit deadline for most schools. Anyone want to offer me some hope?! Or crush my dreams? You know, whichever :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chocolate Bear

Chocolate Bear Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

It's hard to say. I imagine more interview invites will roll out after the 12/15 deadline, and there's certainly a possibility of waitlist movement. However, with so much time and potential interviews between now and the big May deadline, I would think that most waitlist movement won't happen until later on in the cycle.

Good luck though! Waitlists are tough. Try to find some other things to occupy your mind to keep your sanity! :)

4. IamAriDO

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    not sure what school you are waitlisted at but for OU they told us lucky enough to be waitlisted (sarcasm) that we will not hear anything until early june at the latest.

Waitlisted....and waiting

IamAriDO

5. NPEMTIV

NPEMTIV Accidentally Accepted
    Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    :thumbup: Agreed. Most schools will probably wait until around March to begin waitlist movement. I know at LMU-DCOM they typically won't review the waitlist until after the final interview has been conducted and evaluated. According to my calendar the final interview is April 7.