Early Assurance MD programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know these programs are very limited since most programs are for high school seniors, although I do know some exist. If you know any of them that may be in the midwest or anywhere in U.S., please post the following:

*School name
*Program name
*ACT required?
*MCAT required?
*High School GPA/Class rank required?
*what college classes and GPA is required?
*how many seats are available and how many generally apply?
*Do you have to go to that college for undergrad or can you apply from any college since I know some EAP programs are limited to that college's premed applicants only.

thanks and congratz to all the acceptances for next fall, and good luck to everyone applying now:)

*I know about MSAR, I am getting it soon, I just wanted to know what other's thought about these are and if they have applied to any, and I have heard one with UMKC, but none others ????? so still learning

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know these programs are very limited since most programs are for high school seniors, although I do know some exist. If you know any of them that may be in the midwest or anywhere in U.S., please post the following:

*School name
*Program name
*ACT required?
*MCAT required?
*Do you have to go to that college for undergrad or can you apply from any college since I know some EAP programs are limited to that college's premed applicants only.

thanks and congratz to all the acceptances for next fall, and good luck to everyone applying now:)

*I know about MSAR, I am getting it soon, I just wanted to know what other's thought about these are and if they have applied to any, and I have heard one with UMKC, but none others ????? so still learning

Thanks

I'm about to end my freshman year right now. I'd tell ya, but seeing as how much programs for "early assurance" are for mid year sophomores or juniors I'd hate for you to add to the pool and cause for more competition; therefore, I'm not telliing you all the places I'm apply to next semester.

BUT, If you are a senior, which i think you are, you might be confusing "early assurance" with "early decision".

Early assurance is usually ment for sophomores/juniors who want acceptace to medical school early; furthermore, the medical school, if you are accepted, require you to maintain atleast a 3.6 usually the next 2 years of your undergraduate years while taking your pre-med courses.

Early decision is usually for seniors who apply to one and only one medical school. If accepted you must go there. This isn't usually rec. unless your a 3.6 GPA or greater, 28+ MCAT student, and it helps if your applying to an instate school.

BTW. Some medical schools only offer early assurance programs to certain undergraduate institutions (usually thier own ie. mizzou undergrad---> mizzou medical school)... if not, it usually helps to go to a undergrad that has a medical school yet offers the program.

Hope that helps.

*School name
*Program name
*ACT required?
*MCAT required?

Thanks

you can look here to find specific details about schools with BS/MD programs (it is not a complete listing, but it is a start).

I would recommend you do a lot of research before committing to a program early without the benefit of shopping around. Make sure you know all the details about the program prior to entry and do some searches on SDN and elsewhere to get a good feel for the program's rep.